Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 26

Old 01-01-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

I seem to live on some other planet spending New Year sober) It's 4.30 p.m. my time, so I thought it's decent time to call my friends to wish Happy New Year) I called three friends, and woke them up! And one girl was complaining about hangover).

Have a great day, Undies!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Well, it's all of 4:44 AM (I don't always sleep so well) and one of my resolutions is to post a little more on SR. So good morning on NEW YEARS DAY 2014! I was 4 months off Vicodin on December 30. My best resolution is to say "YES" to life as often as I possibly can. By that I mean whenever someone makes a suggestion or invites me to do anything I will say yes. It means instead of isolating myself away so I can do drugs or having to worry about having enough drugs, I am free to go ahead and see what's out there. I don't have to be so lonely and bored ( or stoned) all the time. I got in the way of saying NO to everything. And it's gotten to be a deeply ingrained habit. And one that was bad for me. It feels like paralysis. I just want to balk at everything. Even going out for food. So, no more of that! It will be hard. But that's next on the improvement list.

Hope you have a wonderful day, each and everyone of you!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Morning all and welcome to 2014!

Toots ..hope you got a good nights rest after yesterday.
MB....it is nice to be sober isn't it?

It was so very nice to wake up this morning with a fresh head...

Jim
Old 01-01-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Jim, it's just great to be sober!

Happy New Year to you)
Old 01-01-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good morning, everybody! I woke up to the smell of bacon frying--my son-in-law has been hard at work preparing breakfast for us all! He is the breakfast king.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Undies

Nel - CONGRATULATIONS ON ONE YEAR OF SOBRIETY!_I've missed your always cheerful and uplifting posts.

DG0409 - CONGRATULATIONS ONE WHOLE YEAR of being cigarette free that is a huge accomplishment. The fact that you have given up three addictions is simply amazing!

MB - So great to see you posting and sounding better

Welcome Badger It is wonderful to wake up on New Year's Day and be sober.

Toots - I hope your head starts to feel better and you are able to enjoy watching the game. I hope Molly didn't get too scared last night due to the fireworks. The neighbors here were letting off fireworks starting at 10:00. I tried going to bed at 11:00, but my chow-samoyd mix "Sammy" was freaking out and jumping on my head. I tried comforting him to no avail.

Grace - I hope you got an opportunity to get some rest.

Wishing a Happy New Year to all the undies!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Elseware- what a great New Year's Resolution. I, too, said 'NO' to a lot of things when I was drinking/smoking weed. I still do quite a bit. I am a huge introvert and rather like my time alone. Sometimes, it's not always a good thing though. It's good to get out and do things and really live life.

Thank you all for the congrats on one year cigarette free. The support and camaraderie of everyone here is amazing.

I am looking forward to the New Year. I've got quite a few goals for it. Some of these are continuations of what I already do, but I think it's good to take some time to think about where we want out lives to go. I try for specific goals because that way it's easier to meet them. (For example, rather than 'eat healthy' it's 'eat more fruits and veggies'.)
  • First and foremost, this will be my first year completely clean, sober & cigarette free since I was a child.
  • I'm trying to eat more fruits and vegetables as the health benefits are numerous and although I've had a much healthier diet since I quit drinking, that is one food group I don't get enough of.
  • Focus on making sure I get plenty of exercise and fresh air.
  • Continue to work on accomplishing more at work.
  • Keep up on chores around the house.
  • Engage in activities that I enjoy: playing drums, traveling, hiking, yoga, etc.
  • Figure out the relationship aspect in my life.
  • Save some money and continue becoming more financially responsible.

Anyone else have any goals or resolutions for the New Year they'd like to share??
Old 01-01-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi, DG.

I think I may have developed a little habit of smoking cigars. Got a little too used to them on vacation--felt a little sick and buzzy from the nicotine. I'll just have to sit sweetly off to the side.

I need to give up caffeine--my body is rebelling against it.

I need to give up diet soda--it immediately gives me a headache.

I need to incorporate more fruits and vegetables and cut out snacking early in the morning.

I need to get back to a half hour of exercise a day.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Happy New Year. I'm glad we're turning over a page on 2013. I've visited the over undies thread. I guess that I'll be writing 2 posts everyday from now on then.

I came home at 3 am. A friend I know really insisted I take a swig out of his vodka bottle. Truly insisted but when I told him I wasn't going to start when I've stopped a year, he immediately ceased to insist. There was respect but also a bit of embarrassment for me. I so don't care. Just glad that I was sober for it all.

Happy New year friends.
xoxo
Old 01-01-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

15 hour night shift just started for me....19 hours since my last ciggie....Just chomping through 3000 calories worth of chicken , rice , pasta and pickles....Aiming for a midnight gym seesion...

Take care....Steve.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Undies, Day 282. I am amazed that I've made it this far. This website and all of you are awesome.

Let us focus this year on sobriety, and being who we truly are. Goals are great, but take it one day at a time. Success will come when we do what is right.

Matthew
Old 01-01-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and happy new year!
Everyone's posts sound so positive today I love it!

After getting home this morning from the park with my dog I did some major cleaning thru out the house and even steamed cleaned the wood floors! It's nice to see everything so clean and organized ( my sis likes to leave little messes). I'm a less is more person and like more of the modern look so my room is very minimal as far as things laying around goes.
Well I think I'll take a nap after all that cleaning!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Just a quick post, had a great day at the football the wee man loved it, but it has been a long day after a late night so I need my sleep. Busy couple of days ahead so may be brief n posts, but love to all x
Old 01-01-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Goals are great, but take it one day at a time. Success will come when we do what is right.
Beautiful thought, Matthew. I've been away and this thread moves so fast I briefly lost sight of it. From today and for all days I wish you all peace, continued sobriety, and the luck or grace always to find the next right step.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:35 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Wow, 5:23 am and I am already behind in my self-imposed schedule for today.

Yes, soon I will be on a much more relaxed pace when I finally hit St Croix early next week. My sister has us running all over at present. Kinda cold in Florida today, golf is a possibility.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, UNDIES:

Hum, a quick look at me hopes for a future 2014 look-back:
  • Will have had more days feeling peace and serenity than any year ever before
  • Will have worked hard at giving back this gift of sobriety that has been given so freely to me when opportunity presents
  • Will continue to grow in humility
  • My spiritual awakening will have no boundaries
  • Will have spent quality time with my two girls and new son-in-law
  • If it is to be, I will be with a new partner to share with on this new journey
  • I will wake up on 1/1/2015 with 365 days of sobriety in my rear view mirror feeling joyous, happy and free with real love in my heart

The crazy thing about that wish list - it all comes for free, if I remain willing to go to any lengths to achieve it. Simply put, it will work if I work it.

Well, gotta rock on. Talk soon.

Carlos xx
Old 01-02-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Well, so much for resolutions. I've already broken 3, and it's not even 6 am!

What you say is true, Matthew. It'll come when the time is right!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

I still haven't figured out how to work the over thread so for now, I'm here. Carlos, when you On January 1st 2015, do you mean to say you had a slip on January 1st 2014 ? Is there something I'm not getting ?

In any case, have fun in Ste-Croix.

DP
Old 01-02-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi undies
Just checking in real quick at work here

Will be back later to catch up!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hey gang what's crackin??? I'm on a 15 hour night shift...2nd day of not smoking and my appetite is even bigger than it usually is...Just ate a huge meal of pork chops and pasta with a load of pickles and I guess there was 2000 calories in that meal alone...Ate a load of porridge earlier and also 10 scrambled eggs...Got more pasta for later too....Easily gonna smash 5000 calories lol...

Hope everyone is well....Take care....Steve.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, Day 283. I left work early as we are having a Blizzard. I'm hoping for no work tomorrow. At the least I don't have to be in the office until 12pm. I used to get drunk during storms, not sure why. It's windy by the water, just hope we don't lose power. I just made some French Pressed coffee, way better than booze.