Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 26

Old 12-30-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

BF--glad to see you came right back. I'm sending you a hug.
it will be ok---you can do this.
Babs
Old 12-30-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I must dash off to a mtg...my web access has been shaky...wanted to get this in quickly.

WELCOME BACK SO SOON BF...I would never make it back. Honestly, I would most likely die. I used up my relapse chips. Also glad you have an expanded game plan!! xx
Old 12-30-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

My wish for you BF is you find that way to make 2014 your year for recovery

D
Old 12-30-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Undies. I hope you are all well. Day 280 for me. I went to a meeting tonight. I always leave a meeting feeling better then when I walked in.

I have completed step one with my sponsor, and moving on to step two. We are taking it slow at this point.

I'm just feeling a little sad and down. I look at all the money I spent on booze and when drunk, and it makes me mad. My wife and I finally had a real financial discussion, and are going to try to get back on track. I'm going to try and pay off debt, and live simply. I spent so much money trying to keep up a great appearance, but still was dead inside. Now we have to repair ourselves financially. If I can get sober I guess I can do anything.

It was a good year, but not easy. Losing my job still hurts a bit, but I scored a new one real quick.

God Bless all of you for being here. I hope I perk up soon, and can realize that I have a lot to be grateful for.

Matthew
Old 12-30-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the warm welcome to your thread. I will check in daily.
Its 9 PM and almost time for bed. That will secure 49 days for me. Longest stretch without a drink since I was 16. Almost 60 now. Speaking of 60, my wife had bought me a couple of tickets to see Tim/Faith in Vegas on Mar1 which is my 60th birthday. She bought them last August. We were planning a group trip to vegas. Since I dried up, I have been to Cuba all inclusive, half a dozen Christmas parties and abstained thru all of it. Vegas different story.
I first went to Vegas when I was 21 and have returned at least 25 times. Each time was a few days of over indulgence on the liquor, eating, carousing and gambling. Over the Christmas week, I started to think more and more how I was going to handle this trip. I came to the realization that I do not want to put that temptation in front of me. Talked to my loving supportive wife and we decided to cancel the trip. I am so relieved. I just know its not the place for me right now. $400 worth of tickets means nothing if I have a slip.
My wife is so great. I would be dead by now if it wasn't for her.
Just thought I would share that with you.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That's terrific, Rick. Will you be able to get any kind of refund on the tickets? Even if not, I think you guys made a wise decision.

Matthew, it's great to see you! Congratulations on your 280 days!

Don't beat yourself up about decisions you made in the past--remember, you weren't truly yourself back them. You are striking out very sensibly now.

Now is what matters, and you have nothing to be ashamed of. It's surprising the mountains of debt you can burrow out from in time with patience.

Don't lose your sense of humor in your sad times. Stay close to your HP.

Don't be a stranger!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Welcome Mags1 This is a great group of people with an abundance of love, wisdom and support.

Welcome Rick! Congratulations on 50 days of sobriety I think it was a very wise decision to forego Vegas. I can only imagine what kind of trigger that would be. Protect your hard-earned sobriety at all costs.

((MB)) - We all care about you and wish you the best. I think the suggestion to do some boxing is a great idea to relieve stress, frustration and improve mood. Hopefully, today is a better day for you.

Toots - Your New Year's Day plans sound like great fun. I hope you and your grandson have a great time watching the celtic. I too would really use the excuse of New Year's Eve to really drink as much as I could. Last year on New Year's Day was a beautiful day around 70 degrees. It was wonderful waking up hangover free and walking all my dogs. I did notice that no one was around in the neighborhood. I concluded they were all still in bed nursing their hangovers. What a sheer sense of relief and gratitude I had that day!

((Boozefree)) - I am so proud of your candor in admitting your slip. That takes an incredible amount of courage. All I can offer is my experience. Having a sober network in the real world was essential to me (AA) and recognizing that I will have cravings and learning to deal with them. It certainly wasn't easy because I simply wasn't accustomed to fighting off cravings. What worked for me was thinking the drink through to the ugly conclusion and attending AA meetings. My prison pen pal sent me some exercises that she had completed in her cognitive behavior training and some literature on the disease of alcoholism. The literature really hit home. It states "I am your disease. Hello, Just in case you forgot me -- I hate meetings, I hate higher powers, I hate your program. To all who come in contact with me, I wish you suffering and I wish you death. Allow me to introduce myself; I am the disease of addiction. I am cunning, baffling, powerful and patient. That's me. I have killed millions and I am pleased. I love to catch you with the element of surprise. I love pretending I am your friend and lover. I have given you comfort, haven't I? Wasn't I there when you were lonely? When you wanted to die, didn't you call on me? I was there. I love to make you hurt. I love to make you cry. Better yet, I love to make you so numb, that you can neither hurt or cry. When you can't feel anything at all, that's my true gratification. And all I ask from you is long term suffering. I have been there for you always. When things were going right in your life, you invited me. You said you didn't deserve these good things and I was the only one who would agree with you. Together we were able to destroy all the good things in your life. People don't take me seriously. Fools. Without my help these things would not be possible. I am such a hated disease and yet I do not come uninvited. You choose to have me. So many have chosen me over reality and peace. More than you hate me I hate all of you who have a 12-step program. Your program, your meetings, your higher power - all of these things weaken me and I can't function in the manner that I am accustomed to. Now I must lie here quietly, you don't see me, you don't think of me, but I never go away; I am growing bigger than ever. When you "only exist" I can live. When "you live" I can only exist. But I am here. Waiting. And until we meet again - I wish you suffering and death. I am your disease and I will wait for you. Forever. You can count on me."

((FeelingGood)) - I hope you are taking care of yourself and start feeling better soon.

Leading my sunday night AA meeting I had three beginner's attend. One spoke of her sponsor going out after 28 years of sobriety. Relapse might be a good topic for next week's meeting.

My plans for New Year's Eve entail attending my regular 5:30 meeting and thoroughly enjoying a sober New Year's watching movies and being utterly grateful for my sobriety.

Wishing all Undies a wonderful New Year's Eve.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hello Undies, its been forever since I have posted in here, tomorrow marks my 1 year being sober so super excited!!! I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a Happy 2014!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Want to wish everyone a Happy, safe and sober New Years'

I am grateful to all for your support on this thread during the past year and look forward to your support in the journey ahead..

Jim

Nel...Can I be the first to offer an early CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

BF and MB

Welcome mags and Rick!

Big NYE plans, clean up the kitchen after the hopefully successful delivery of a new refrigerator, sit in on the SR Tuesday Chat/Meeting and likely in bed by 10 since I was up by 5AM.

Happy New and Sober Year Undies!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hiya, Nel!

Congratulations!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good to see you nel and CONGRATS on 1 year!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Midnight..quick note to say I hope today was a better day for you..

Jim
Old 12-31-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi, Drake! Congratulations on the new refrigerator!

MB, I was just thinking of you, too. Any luck with the bank?
Old 12-31-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Another one year anniversary--

Happy One Year Anniversary

DP

Old 12-31-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

DP---nice to hear from you---- Congratulations.
Happy New Year Everyone.
Babs
Old 12-31-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
Hello Undies, its been forever since I have posted in here, tomorrow marks my 1 year being sober so super excited!!! I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a Happy 2014!
Congrats, and what a great way to start a new year.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies.

Quick check-in.

Still no luck with the bank. But I got myself together, went to the gym.. Well, I will handle it.

Thank you for your great support, my friends.

See you soon)
Old 12-31-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

See? The world looks brighter when you take out your frustrations on an inanimate object!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Tanja, that is an awesome message your penpal sent you. It's so true, and as soon as I read it, I thought about another person to share it with. Thank you!