Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 26

Old 12-31-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

FG enjoy your visit sweetheart, I am snuggly in my pjs getting ready to watch 'only an excuse' ( a Scottish speciality that doesn't transcribe I'm afraid, but knicker wettingly funny!)

MB, dies that make you a year older than us just now?????

Well done Badger!

Bub, great to see you popping in! How's things? Sounds like you are doing well.

Gilmer, thanks for asking, I'm ok, a bit wrung out, will stay up for the bells, as much to settle Molly if there are fireworks. Gson is in bed

Dotty, I get confused with time zones as well, don't worry! It's still last year here!

Casablanca a classic, and I do to think I have seen it all the way through in one sitting either!
Old 12-31-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good night everyone

D
Old 12-31-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

You too Dee...Happy 2014 to you!
Old 12-31-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Have a relaxing day, Dee!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Undies

I wish for us all a happy, serene and healthy 2014.

Thank you all so much for your support over this last 16 months, couldn't have done it without you.

My love to you all

Grace xxxx
Old 12-31-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to all my Undie SR friends, I wish you the year you feel you deserve

I'm off to bed with a raging sore head, for the first time, not alcohol related! Probably the stress of a very long very emotional day xx
Night all xx
Old 12-31-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Toots..get some rest..All the best to you in 2014!
Jim
Old 12-31-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Get some rest Toots, Happy New Year. Last year, I was having my last 2 bottles of wine ! so happy to start the year sober. I'm off partying until 6 tomorrow so have fun undies ! Be prudent out there if you're out partying.

xoxoxoxo
Old 12-31-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 year Dorothy!

Kitchen and fridge drama all done and in. Place back to normal, Olive happy that her food and water are back where they belong (they had been displaced while I redid the floor) and I am in for the night. Club and lime in hand, Chinese carry out all gone...

fat and happy for 2014!

See you next year Undies!

Old 12-31-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

zerothehero- welcome!! You'll find so much support on SR and on this thread in particular.

DP- Huge congrats to you!!

Today is one year no smoking for me, so I am proud of that. Last New Year's I am sure I was drinking. Enough so during those days that I actually can't recollect quitting smoking at all. The booze was really doing quite a number to my memory. So thankful to be welcoming in New Year's sober this year. Looking forward to making 2014 a clean and sober year.

Happy New Year's to everyone!!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Nel- congrats, 1 yr is awesome!!

Dottie big congrats! you've been so supportive with all of us undies so I hope you will stop by every now and then to visit us still! treat yourself to something special too, you deserve it!

MB sorry to hear about the problems still with your bro, good for you tho gettin out to the gym!

Toots hope you head feels better after a night of rest! hows your dad doing?

Tanja thanks for posting that alcohol letter, everything in it has so much truth to it!

DG woohoo 1 yr no smokes! thats great!

Well that took awhile to catch up! I bought lots of my fav soda this afternoon along with a frozen pizza and pita chips with humus so I enjoyed all of that for dinner and am staying in for my own good! I am truly feeling so grateful that I didnt continue drinking. Its a scary thought for me that I couldve spiraled down real fast and very comforting knowing that I can come here and be truly honest with everyone and still have support.

Well undies heres to a SOBER 2014 Cheers!

Last edited by BoozeFree; 12-31-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Quick Hi Undies

Its 4.30 a.m and I can't sleep.

Toots (( )) I was thinking about you today my love. I hope you manage to get some rest. Look after yourself, you have to look after yourself to be able to look after others. xxxx

Happy new year Jim. xxx

Dottie, enjoy your partying my lovely. You will enjoy it all the more for being sober, it's a great feeling to be able to remember all that was said and done and not to be worrying about whether you made a fool of yourself or not or whether you offended anyone. Just enjoy xxx

Drake, your night sounds blissful, Chinese take away, yum, yum!

D.G one year not smoking is an achievement to be proud of. I do admire your strength. Many congratulations, I'm proud of you.

B.F you are doing really well and I think 2014 is going to be a good year for you.

Off to bed again now.

Love to you all

Grace xxxx
Old 12-31-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Grace, you're getting like me--up at 4:30 am!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I know Gilmer, I've been up now since 6.30 a.m yesterday! Just got a lot going on and my mind starts working overtime. Not that I can do anything about anything at stupid o clock in the morning!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Well, I managed to stay up past midnight! Haven't done that in about 10 years! In the past I've gone to bed at 8, then awakened at 11:55 just in time for the ball to drop. I guess I'll go to bed in a couple minutes--the excitement is over!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

It's morning for me, and I've just woken up, and having coffee, and celebrating the New Year again with you all.

What a wonderful feeling of good sleep and refreshment on sober New Year morning!

Happy New Year!

My hugs and love to all!
Old 12-31-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning my lovely Undies

A new day, a new year, let this year be our year.

Hope you had a good sleep Gilmer.

Good morning Midnight, what a good feeling to start the day with.

I wish the same for you Renarde.

Have a wonderful day Undies

Stay safe and sober

Grace xx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Grace are you functioning of fresh air and focus??? Have you tried using a sleep CD? I hope your sleep pattern returns to normal soon

Thank you all for your thoughts, my head is still sore this morning but not as bad. I have migraine tablets so will take one of them, it will be really noisy at the football ( soccer to the uninitiated) we sing and shout and swear ( I will cover the wee mans ears first!) I get so drawn up into the atmosphere, my heart pounds, I sit on the edge of my seat in nerves whenever either team come close to scoring, I jump and roar and when we score. We are playing a team low down the league and are expected to win, which always makes me nervous, we play much better as the under dog.
Thanks you for asking for my dad, still not much to add, he remains in hospital until he is more mobile, they are currently fitting him for a brace ready. Now though my mum has vertigo, and has been walking around the house hanging on to the walls. ( I suggested it was maybe one sherry too many, but she complained bitterly that she can't drink on the pills she is currently on!!) it means she has been reliant on others to drive her too and from the hospital, and she is worried they will send dad home before she is able to cope. Not the happiest Christmas and new year for them, but one they won't forget! I have passed on your thoughts to both hubby and my folks. I doubt you can understand the power of mere words unless you are in dire need of comfort and on the receiving end of message after message in thread after thread. I have been lifted, truly, by your support.

BF, I am so proud of you love, it certainly would have been easier to listen to that AV and continue the spiral, it takes real guts to step out of it and say 'No'. We will always support you whilst you continue to fight.

Dotty enjoy your party love, have fun watching the gentle disintegration of the drinkers! Lol this year will be one of so much work you complain you are getting no rest! Plus at least one visit south of the border for cuddles with Molly ( and hopefully a hug for me!!)

MB I love your powers of recuperation, you are able to pull yourself up and slap on a smile and face the day, I am proud to call you my friend. I hope your troubles have all Ben left in 2013, and that this year brings you promise

Renarde, Happy New Year to you too, keep steaming ahead.

Drake, we had Chinese take away too last night! Poor Molly was distressed at midnight with the fireworks, hubby stayed up with her til she stopped shaking.

SJ, thank you for your quiet support this year, and for your confidences, I am proud to be the recipient of some powerful thoughts.

Gilmer, what is the nearest to happy New Years in Hebrew?

DG, you are a shining light on SR, showing the way to newbies, keep glowing my friend.

Carlos, I hope the driving is going well and you are not tiring yourself. Thank you for sharing.

Steve, I have a frozen turkey I didn't need, I wish I knew a way to send it to you!!!! In fact I could probably pack a hamper with all the stuff I bought and didn't use ( well we had been expecting more guests)

Tanja thanks for not disappearing to the OverUndies completely, I love all your posts, caring, thoughtful and genuine- just like their author.

WWG, we have eyes at the front of our heads for a reason- we are meant to look forward not back. Absolutely my last words on the subject.

Zero, Badger, Rick and other recent additions to the Undie thread, we always need new blood to replace those deserters who jump ship when they hit a year!!!! ( ok so most of them we can't actually get rid of, but it's still nice to get new voices!!!)

Dee as ever, I wish you good health, selfishly, of course as it means you will continue being the voice of support and reason across the SR family

I'm sure I have missed someone, and for that I am truly sorry, for I don't want anyone to feel I care any less for them than anyone else, it is my feeble mind! Xxx
Old 01-01-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Happy New Year 2014!!

Well, I had a really nice evening watching rubbish on TV whilst drinking a great cup of tea and munching yummy snacks Stayed up late so only been up for an hour or so ---- eek!

To be honest, probably the best New Year I can recall in recent years - now just have to spur myself into action - going to have a huge steak pie for New Year's day lunch - triple yummy!!