Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 26

Old 01-06-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Drake, thank you for stopping in time and not depriving the world and SR of your kindness and humour. I'm sure Hue lovely Olive would agree
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (42.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

MB you are resilient, more than you know, but even the strongest of us need time to lick our wounds, and sometimes want to hide for a little while from the trials and tribulations of life.
And yes, Elsie, it does seem like before we get chance to get over one of life's arrows, before another is sent in our direction. But we deal, and move on, and grow stronger.

SJ, how does it feel to have gotten through the holidays sober?? I bet there was a time you never believed you could

DG how are you now?

Babs lovely to hear from you, and so happy you are still sober

BF, I am so proud of you for managing not to allow yourself a wallow when you slipped. You have real desire to improve your life, and I totally believe you will

Tanja, how are the new dogs settling in? Is Layla still erm performing of a morning? ( sorry if I got her name wrong I am going on dodgy memory here!!

Grace, how are things with you honey??

Steve, what's on the menu today? Half a wilderbeast??

Gilmer, have you been annoying the lad in macDs lately? You should speak to him in Hebrew, he may think you are foreign! ( or he may just be the son of a rabbi and pull you up on your pronunciation!!

Carlos, sounds like you are chilled for your break, and your plans are nice and loose, so no timetable stresses. yay!

Courage, you haven't said much about how you are doing lately, but being supportive and thoughtful as always in your responses to others

Dee, has it cooled where you are yet?

Dotty, how are you now the holidays are over? What are your work plans? I so hope something good comes along soon for you cherie

WWG, Molly hasn't much experience with snow, but she did enjoy it as a puppy! In my part of Scotland we are often protected from the worst snow, and the last big fall was when she was 4 months old.

Oh my, I hate when I get to the end of one of these posts as I know I have forgotten to mention someone, and it will feel bad that they will feel left out! My abject apologies if I missed you.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

Still hot Toots - it will be until March or so...just the way it is where I live

Bon voyage Carlos!!

Congratulations on 9 months Drake!

MB - if I had to stop and think about all I have to do this coming year, I'd surely be overwhelmed too. We get through - we just do it, day by day, piece by piece

I have complete faith in you
Old 01-06-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, day 269. It seems the longer I'm sober the easier I can control my thinking. It is strange how much I look forward to my AA meetings and reading on this site.

Congrats Drake on 9 months, well done my friend.

We are strong and courageous people, as we didn't give up. We are fighting for our sobriety and a better life. This thread is filled with kindness and hope. I'm working really hard at embracing my sobriety, and focusing on all the good in my life. Our thinking is so messed up from years of alcoholism, and we need to retrain our thinking.

I'm trying to be proactive in my sobriety, and this website and AA really help.

God Bless all of you.
Matthew

"There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for."
J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 01-06-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hi undies
Just checkin in at work real quick.
Will be on later
Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Womp, womp!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hi my lovely Undies

I'm hoping to find you all good, well and sober. That goes without saying of course.

Many congratulations Drake, 9 months is a magnificent achievement, not that far off a year now. You're very nearly an 'over undie.'

Love to Olive. xx

Toots, I'm okay thanks, just got a lot on as usual. What about you? How are you, you've had a very stressful couple of weeks and I know you've got lots to sort out. I'll email you first chance I get.

Dee, that is so true, day by day, piece by piece. That is the only way I can get through what is going on in my life!

Matthow, your post made my day. It gives me the greatest pleasure to see how far you've come. You really have become an inspiration. I am so pleased to be a part of your journey.

Hi B.F, I hope your day went well.

Gilmer, chomp, chomp. Only said that because it rhymes with womp womp! Hope all is good with you.

Carlos, I hope everything goes well for you. Keep in touch and stay safe.

Steve, thinking about you and hope you are eating well and wearing your coat.

Sorry I've not been around much, I've just had lots on, poorly husband, sore throat myself and I've had to prepare a statement for court as to why it isn't a good idea to let our boy's mummy take him out of the country!! She is coming over on the 9th and is supposed to be having him sleep over for 2 nights. After the events of the last time this happened, I am dreading it and stressing out more than just a bit.
I'm on a training course at work for the next 10 working days too, which I'm not looking forward too as we are changing to a new p.c system, I'm techno phobic and I'm not 100%, so it's not good timing for me. Oh well, such is life!!

Take care my undies

Love to you all

Gracexxxxx
Old 01-06-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Administrator

my eyes my eyes LOL

banana blindness

D
Old 01-06-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Gilmer, I just want you to know that having a sense of humor is a great gift. It shows in your posts here. You are a bright "glimmer of Gilmer"! You lovely soul shines through here. We all see it! Keep lifting your face to the sun.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
my eyes my eyes LOL

banana blindness

D
Once again, Dee has said it best!!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Thank you all my fellow Undies. Without you and SR I would not have made 9 days let alone 9 months.

Now looking forward to my 10 banana anniversary!

Olive snorts her greetings to all as well.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Grace hope everything works out with court for you!

I've been majorly slacking this week with getting out in the morning to walk. I didn't sunday or yesterday or today. Yikes!

I had a crazy dream filled with booze and partying and old friends and totally threw me off when I woke up this morning. I hate that!

Off to work for now.

Tomorrow I have to get back on track and get out in the morning before work. No excuses!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Elseware!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Well, I'm posting a little later than my usual pre-sunrise McDonald's time: I just couldn't face venturing out when it was just 3 degrees F.

Instead, I drank coffee and let my granddaughter cook plastic food for me with her big plastic kitchen.

Then I let her stab me with her Power Rangers Samurai sword while I walked on the treadmill--then we did the twist together to George Thorogood's cover of "Move It On Over."

Only then, when the temp had risen to 10, did I come out to McDonald's!

I hope everybody is well.

I realize that 3 degrees may not seem like a big deal to someone like, say, Babs, who is from ND--but I'm supposed to be in the South!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Gilmer, I don't like to go out in the cold, either.

Toots, I'm doing ok. A lot on my mind... but talking/texting to my crush (perhaps I shouldn't be, but I can't seem to help it and as mentioned previously, at least it's long distance or I'd be in real trouble!) has happy chemicals pulsing through my brain for the first time in what feels like forever. It's a really good feeling after all of the bleakness and down times. I KNOW I have to deal with things with bf though. Totally dreading that.

With all the excitement in my life, it's been a little hard to stick to my normal routine. I need to try to focus on that a bit more. I haven't been terrible, but I haven't been great about it either.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

I'm trying to incorporate a routine that is neither too boring nor too overwhelming.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

I am still here, still not bad.

Actually, just before the New Year, in between my real estate issues I was at the interview at an HR company for a freelancing job as a copywriter for their site and social media. And today I got the message that I am getting this job. Money is not big since I am getting paid per article, but considering my finances every extra income won't hurt).

I'd like to share with your some observation. When I am not posting often at SR I start feeling like I am losing part of myself. Really. I believe it's because since I started posting here I've opened up so much about myself, learned how to be myself communicating with others. Like when I am "talking" to you my real authentic self is stepping out of shades on the scene and I am finally meeting myself who hides from me in every day life.

Drake - My warmest and biggest congrats to you on 9 months! Be proud of yourself for this great achievement! 2

My best wishes to all the Undies)

See you.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Great to read how you are all doing Things are going really well for me but too tired right now to type any more...lol!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the job, MB! i feel the same way about posting at SR that you do. Ordinarily I just sit in a blur and let life happen to me; my reactions, I find, are crystallized when I post at SR. And it's good to get responses from my buddies here--we're all in the same boat!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats MB

D