Administrator

Congrats Beanie - and anyone else hitting a milestone today

have a great day gang

D
Old 01-10-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
hda

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
Hi all - just winding down here in day 13 today (was off count earlier).....Will be celebrating 2 weeks with you tomorrow ((Muhv)). This is the most sobriety I've managed since I relapsed at 4 months back in August.
It was about the same for me. I'm at 16 days now. Knowing what it feels like to be at 4 months I'm looking forward to the slow process to get back there!!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
waking down

Congrats to all who've hung in here. This thread is becoming my daily meeting.

Here's a jewel: All those years of drinking and I don't think I ever called in sick due to alcohol. Two weeks of sobriety and I'm going home "sick" half way through the day. I feel fine today. I was having symptoms, but I think it was withdrawal. Heck with it, though; I'm taking care of myself. I've been over a decade in a job that lets leave days accumulate. I have 75 days stored up, so if worse comes to worse I'll get a doctor to write me a note and I'll take a couple of months off. My immediate supervisor would not be pleased, but hey, I've earned it.

Day 15 and don't have to work except for one small thing I gotta do. Today will be better.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Old 01-10-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Day 13!

zerothehero - I wouldn't hesitate to take at least a week off right now. You might as well because you're going home sick and and probably not functioning too well while you're there. Take some down time and rest. Just think how much time you'll have to post on SR! And watch Battlestar Galactica or whatever your poison is ;-)
Old 01-10-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
waking down

I've considered it, but it wouldn't go over well. After all these years on the job I'm kind of relied upon. There are many tasks this month that need to be done, and I'm the only one who knows how to do them. When I look at quitting or retiring, they would be very wise to give me time to train someone. I feel obligated. They would survive if I blew off work for awhile, but it would be a hardship on those who would have to pick up the slack. I'm okay. A day or two off here and there maybe, but I guess I'm just too loyal to blow them off.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi All - Have had quite a busy week at work & glad to be home tonight with the next couple of days off. The AV was "right there" today....telling me we should "celebrate" my 2 weeks of sobriety by drinking, but I've "fallen" for that one more than a time or two. Ignored it and so glad to be here "present" with my son & knowing I will wake up feeling good & be able to enjoy the day tomorrow. Hope you all have a great Saturday & thanks so much for your support......
Old 01-10-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

That AV is a tricky beast. I can feel it ticking over in the back of my mind. I'm ready to smack it on the head with a baseball bat if it pops up.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I bought alcohol today for a recipe that involves red wine. Just found out how much alcohol is left over after cooking and poured the whole thing in the sink. Should have posted here before I wasted my money... Also, I hope I wasn't trying to trick myself into drinking :p. Either way, still sober tonight, won't be using any recipes that involve booze anymore, I guess.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think of whatever it cost as a good investment in your recovery Actual

D
Old 01-10-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Think of whatever it cost as a good investment in your recovery Actual

D
haha I like that sentiment. well worth it
Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
waking down

I hope it was cheap wine, though. I had a bottle of wine in the house (Christmas gift) and gave it to a friend who I know is a moderate drinker. I just couldn't pour out a good bottle.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Day 21!

On my Day 1, I poured out FOUR bottles of unopened wine at my house. I couldn't even have them there and wait to give them to a friend. I needed it OUT. Luckily I never spent all that much money on wine (not at the rate I was drinking it!).

Congrats to all of us for being here for one another and checking in!

I went out with my kids for dinner last night and we met some friends and their kids. The other woman there had a few glasses of wine. When she first got it, I could smell it and was pretty much jonesing for it. I wanted a sip so badly. Then I realized one sip would be a nightmare -- it's like one potato chip. What's the point? I got a pelligrino and my daughter came up while we were waiting for a table and was thirsty and I loved being able to share my drink with her instead of saying "No, you can't have this, it's an adult drink."

I have to admit, I feel like I didn't have as much fun as I would have if I'd had some wine. But it's worth the trade-off a thousand times over. Driving home having had nothing to drink, reading my kids stories without feeling I needed to go have a breathmint first or else I'd be all boozy breath on them, waking up feeling good and raring to go -- it's all worth having less fun. I'm also hoping/assuming as I get more used to sobriety, I'll be able to have more fun. Right now I'm still feeling my way and it still all feels rather foreign.

Off to take a walk with the kids. It is finally warm enough today!

Jackie
Old 01-11-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great for you Jackie Keep it up
Old 01-11-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Day 29. So glad to be sober. Hope you are all doing well..keep going.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Day 29 here.. I'm feeling great and I love waking up without a hangover! I'm enjoying Saturday football without alcohol. Sending positive energy to everyone this beautiful weekend.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
waking down

Day 16. Just checking in. Gorgeous January day. Walked the dog and was too hot in a sweatshirt. Crazy warm for these parts. Keep on keepin' on, y'all!
Old 01-11-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Old 01-11-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

You guys are doing great!!! I got a lot done here at home today - did some grocery shopping & went to the gym with my Son & going to fix dinner for another one of "my boys" tonight. Bought some herbal "anxiety soother"....drops (kava, passionflower, albazia root, & lavender flower) to put in my chamomile tea.....see if it helps. Had a great laugh with my son this afternoon.....I love that