Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 2

Old 01-11-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

I'm always happy to see everyone checking in.

MariahGayle, let us know how the drops work. I've been drinking chamomile tea every night as well. So glad you had some good quality time with your boys.

Having is what now my typical Saturday night -- watching tv and drinking my tea. At some point I need to add up all the money I'm saving by not going out and drinking with my friends anymore.

Night all,
Jackie
Old 01-11-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

I'm starting to worry because it seems I am staying home more lately now that I'm not socializing with the booze.
I like staying home. The weather is horrible around here so it's a good reason to.
I just don't want to end up a recluse....
Old 01-11-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Administrator

It;s still early days DD - I think it's perfectly normal to be cautious for a while. It's not necessarily a reflection of your future sober life

D
Old 01-11-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dan Dare View Post
I'm starting to worry because it seems I am staying home more lately now that I'm not socializing with the booze.
I like staying home. The weather is horrible around here so it's a good reason to.
I just don't want to end up a recluse....
I'm so right there with you. I've gotten to where I can't even imagine going out again. I used to go out all the time and now I just . . . don't. I feel like a hermit. When I have my kids, I end up at least leaving the house to do all their stuff that needs to be done but when they're with they're with their dad, I am on this couch, drinking tea, watching tv and on my computer. With my cats, which certainly doesn't help the whole hermit feeling, haha.

But the thing is, when I think of going out like I used to, I am filled with anxiety. Panic, almost.

So in I stay.

Jackie
Old 01-11-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

I do go out, but it's only errands or obligations. I haven't done anything socially since the holidaze.
It was always, visit the family - drink
Visit some friends - drink
Go to my buddy's pub - drink
Go to lunch with my Dad - drink
Ride my motorcycle - stop for a drink

What the hell am I gonna do when the weather gets nice?

I guess all of the above without the booze.
Sounds daunting....

But it's been proven by many here it can be done, and for the better, yes.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
waking down

Originally Posted by JackieC View Post
I'm so right there with you. I've gotten to where I can't even imagine going out again. I used to go out all the time and now I just . . . don't. I feel like a hermit. When I have my kids, I end up at least leaving the house to do all their stuff that needs to be done but when they're with they're with their dad, I am on this couch, drinking tea, watching tv and on my computer. With my cats, which certainly doesn't help the whole hermit feeling, haha.

But the thing is, when I think of going out like I used to, I am filled with anxiety. Panic, almost.

So in I stay.

Jackie
I almost went out to eat at my favorite restaurant/bar today, but blew it off. I figured a daytime outing would be best - just order iced tea and no questions. But I'm kind of trying to lose weight in addition to staying sober, and it's a pizza place. My wife has been sober for seven years, and when I was out drinking people often asked where she was. I would just tell them she doesn't drink anymore. But she is a recluse. We go to dinner parties with friends on rare occasions, but that's about it. This is kind of sad - my party friends don't know I'm sober, and none have contacted me since Christmas. It makes me realize they were just people I drank with - not really friends. Oh, well. I need sober friends right now, anyway. Starting a class on Wednesday - maybe that lead to some connections.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Day 14. Two weeks! And I feel fine. I've been reading some of my old posts and despite a few relapses, I can see I am so much better than when I first came to SR in 2008. I am a different person.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:11 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hi all. Don't have much to report myself, but it's awesome to see everyone staying with it! Tomorrow will be 2 weeks. Just been trying to take care of myself and my job lately, and to try to get settled into a healthy routine.

Sending my positivity to all...
cheers
Old 01-12-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Administrator

Busy weekend for me here, but glad to see so many doing well

D
Old 01-12-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

30 days.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Beanie, congrats on 30 days!!!!! Wow, that's is really something. I'm hoping to join you in the 30 day club next week.

Day 22 here. I've decided to try to find a therapist. I think I need to say some of these things in my head and in my heart out loud to someone and see if I can make any sense of this puzzle that is my life. For those of you seeing someone, how did you go about finding someone?

Off to my training to volunteer to walk/run dogs on the running trail near the animal shelter. Hopefully I can manage it without coming home with a dog that needs to be adopted. I'm a softee for all those rescues.

Here's to a sober Sunday!
Jackie
Old 01-12-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
waking down

Dogs are my wife's booze. Be careful out there. Day 17 here. Planning on having a good day. Keep it up, friends.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congrats on 30 days Beanie & 2 weeks for you Tiger!!! Enjoy the day everyone
Old 01-12-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

30 days today.. Wow I just went back and recounted Dec 14th thru today. Hard to believe it's been 30 days. This last week has been hard and I have my friends service tomorrow. I have made it and I will continue to make it sober
Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Just getting to the airport after a long weekend with my best friend and I made it, not a drink or a sip!! 35 days for me! I can't believe I went the whole weekend back in my old party city, a trip that included group dinner with old friends and a day long 2 year old party with drinking into the night. I had a few tinge of really wanting a drink and played out the conversation between my husband and best friend "I'm just going to have a drink or two with you guys..." And decided against even bringing them into the waffling I was doing in my own head. It helped to have people around that weren't drinking... I made it and I'm feeling really, really happy for myself. A great weekend... One that had I gone and drank heavily could have ended bad, I know because I've done it many times in the past. It feels really good to be on this side of a great few days of quality time with no regrets. Hope you all are winding down great weekends of your own! Stay strong all!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Babs, huge kudos to you for making it through that weekend! I can hear the smile in your post and I'm loving the positivity. Good work!

Blueyesgrn, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow for your friend's service. Come check in afterward and let us know how it went.

Going to take the kids bowling on this cold, gray day. Stay warm and sober everyone!
Jackie
Old 01-12-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Fantastic on 30 days Blueeyes!!!! Thanks for your post Babs....made me smile

Was feeling very "overwhelmed" with all that I set myself up to do on my "day off" today....never ending cleaning, laundry, try to do some cooking on the week-ends so its easier during the weeknight....was in the kitchen this am with '"a list" of things to prepare....teriyaki chicken, spaghetti sauce, glueten free bread/muffins & started feeling "resentful" & "pissy" over all I had to do, when the thought came to me....I'm no f$#@ing Martha Stewert....screw the glueten free bread & muffins & if I feel like it later, I'll make spaghetti sauce. Feel much better
Old 01-12-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
waking down

Gluten is a gas!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Mariah, your post made me laugh out loud. Love it!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Day 15! Keep on truckin' everyone!