Class Of December 2013 - Part 2

Old 01-12-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Busy weekend for me here, but glad to see so many doing well

D
Dee
Aussie Open began today here in U.S.... (Tennis).
I see you'll be having 100+ degree temps in Melbourne this week!!
Boy the luck...

27th day for D.D.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great job on day 15 Actual & Awesome on 27 Dan
Old 01-12-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Today is actually my 39th sober day, I've tried this with halfhearted attempts in the past but I'm committed this time and oh what a difference it makes!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Originally Posted by 121313 View Post
Today is actually my 39th sober day, I've tried this with halfhearted attempts in the past but I'm committed this time and oh what a difference it makes!
Great Job.
Congrats on your new found freedom!!

D.D.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dan Dare View Post
Dee
Aussie Open began today here in U.S.... (Tennis).
I see you'll be having 100+ degree temps in Melbourne this week!!
Boy the luck...

27th day for D.D.
I'm actually at the other end of Australia - it's 100 degrees plus here most days in summer - rare for that part of Oz tho.

D
Old 01-12-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Beanie and blueeyesgrn

Happy Birthday 121313

D
Old 01-13-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hi class. So many people doing well, and getting those sober days, great going people. 5ay 31..cravings have got a lot less now, and I have too much sobriety to start again, it has been hard won. It gets better and better, so don't give up. Happy Monday!!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Monday morning.....heading out early to work - great to not start the week off hung over & full of regret & remorse...makes life so much easier. Have a great day all & lets make it another sober week
Old 01-13-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Day 23! I had major major cravings last night. All I wanted was to get a bottle of wine and watch Downton Abbey. I think a lot of my relaxation habits are to drink wine and watch my favorite shows after the kids are asleep. Last night was the closest I've come so far to saying "Screw it" and stopping at the store on the way home. But I just . . . didn't. I drank hot tea instead and ate some candy (which I never do but I just wanted something "special"). Soooooooo relieved I didn't cave to my AV. A big part of why was that I thought about having to come clean to y'all today.

Here's to another good week for all of us!

Back to work. It is Monday, after all....

Jackie
Old 01-13-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
waking down

Day 18 and felt like crap this morning, but better as the day progressed. I think it's because I quit taking loratadine about a week after I quit drinking. I had been taking it daily since I got a wicked sinus infection last February, so it had been almost a year. Some websites share anecdotal evidence, and one study noted that those most likely to experience withdrawal syndrome were already experiencing depression, pain, stress, anxiety, muscle spasticity, and/or back pain. I don't think I'm depressed other than the effects of alcohol, but I've been dealing with all the rest on that list. Heck, it's enough to make anyone depressed, no? So, it's kind of like I'm getting waves of alcohol withdrawal on top of loratadine withdrawal. Big fun, but I'm dealing with it okay. On top of that, I'm starting to experience the symptoms I had before taking loratadine, but I'd like to take a month off if I can deal. I've never taken any prescription or over-the-counter medication regularly until loratadine. My allergies just seem to get worse with age. Itchy eyes, headaches, and possible sinus problems...just hope I don't end up needing antibiotics again.

But hey, enough complaining. I had a pretty good day at work. My gratitude attitude is so much better, and I've been working on catching those bouts of negativity and reversing them. You all help with that...such a positive bunch of folks. Long live the class of 12/13!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great job on "ignoring the voice" Jackie....I know it's hard & I have realized how much I used alcohol as a "reward" for "taking care of business"....job, kids, cleaning, shopping, cooking, but really trying to turn that thinking around.....as it is ANY thing but a reward.

I'm really trying to work on turning the negative thinking around too Zero & work on having an attitude of "gratitude"....really do have so much to be grateful for.

Hope everyone else is doing OK....take it easy & be good to yourselves
Old 01-13-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Day 31 here almost over and I made it through sober. Jackie I totally understand about the wine and shows, I would always grab a bottle and cuddle up on the couch to watch my favorite shows. I then would be exhausted the next day because I couldn't stop at 2 glasses or 3, I needed to finish the bottle!
Today my friends service went well. She had a huge network of friends and family that cared about her. She is finally free from all the pain that she was in. I just wish it didn't have to end the way it did.
Time to finish my second cup of tea and relax. Hope everyone is having a lovely evening.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Blueyesgrn, thanks for checking in and telling us about the service. I'm so glad to hear of her group of friends and family being there.
And yes, I was the same as you on drinking the whole bottle (at least) and feeling like crap the next day. Never worth it.

Zero, SO sorry to hear about the allergies, etc. I tend to get sinus infections quite a bit and they are just awful. The headaches are enough to just about kill me. Love your gratitude attitude though. Keep up the good work.

Mariah, you are always so wonderfully positive; thank you so much. I swear I can feel your smile in your posts. Thanks for being such a supportive friend to all of us here.

Monday and Day 23 are in the books! Headed to sleep. Here's to a good day tomorrow-
Jackie
Old 01-13-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Day 32. Have a good day all.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Day 16 nearly done. Thanks all.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

I had my second psychiatrist appointment yesterday. Doctor was very pleased to hear that I was doing so fine and have not relapsed at all. So I voiced my concerns about this to her, I am very nervous about the first time I will have urges. She suggested I do some workout when I get ancxious or start thinking I could maybe "try" one drink to relax. So she suggested pushups or squats, but since I already do this, don't want to overdo it. Don't want to become a fitness freak.

I'm eating a lot of chocolate lately. I mean really, A LOT! I'm probably spending the same amount of money on sweets as I used to spend on alcohol. Crazy, I hope this phase won't last long.

I wish you all a great Tuesday, it's been already 2 weeks of year 2014! Can you believe this! Only 50 weeks to go and again we have New Years!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Muhv View Post
I had my second psychiatrist appointment yesterday. Doctor was very pleased to hear that I was doing so fine and have not relapsed at all. So I voiced my concerns about this to her, I am very nervous about the first time I will have urges. She suggested I do some workout when I get ancxious or start thinking I could maybe "try" one drink to relax. So she suggested pushups or squats, but since I already do this, don't want to overdo it. Don't want to become a fitness freak.

I'm eating a lot of chocolate lately. I mean really, A LOT! I'm probably spending the same amount of money on sweets as I used to spend on alcohol. Crazy, I hope this phase won't last long.

I wish you all a great Tuesday, it's been already 2 weeks of year 2014! Can you believe this! Only 50 weeks to go and again we have New Years!
Muhv, I have been eating chocolate like crazy, too! And I'm not a chocolate person. Craaaaaving it. So weird. But I don't feel bad about eating it with my tea, at least not yet.

Day 24! Let's do this, friends.

Jackie
Old 01-14-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
30yrdrunk

Hello.

My last drink was Dec 15th at 2am. I am 30 days sober and feel pretty good. Shouting down my AV when it arises. Making an appointment with a counselor today.

Stay Strong

TC
Old 01-14-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Welcome, TC! Good job on the 30 days. I'm looking forward to hitting that next week. Let us know how it goes with the counselor. I need to find one myself.

Jackie
Old 01-14-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Good job everyone!! good to read posts that have plans for futures and recognizing triggers. One of my biggies was drinking from my hidden stashes while cleaning house and hubby was doing outside work. Confident that my frequent trips to the bathroom or bedroom were due to "cleaning" not drinking. It took me a few weekends to get the hang of doing household chores sober, the really positive part was that I actually remembered where I put stuff! and they were put in the right spot to boot! Imagine that!! :