View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Melina

Morning, all!

Fishy, yours can be known as the sober boat. Don't worry about letting down your friends, that's your AV yapping, buddy.

Black, I'm sorry it is coming down to ultimatums but this may be a good one to help you figure out what kind of help you need. Sounds simple to say you have to choose between a poisonous beverage and your family. Sounds like a no-brainer but it represents the fight of your life. You CAN do this. I know it. Whatever it takes, you can do it.

Lorelei, don't say you don't belong here. I look for you to post here everyday. I slipped in Octoberer, too. But I stay here because the September club is where I gained so much knowledge and support. I would love to know how you've been feeling, etc. Are you all set for surgery with rides to and from hospital, and soups and soothing drinks all ready for afterwards? Heating pad? Lkets of ice in freezer if you need it? I hope you get a nice long rest after.

I have a friend coming in town today so I will be cooking for a small group of us. It took a real cold turn here in the Midwest, so I'm thinking comfort food...beef stroganoff, salad, etc. Nothing fancy but made with love to fit the season.

I love being sober around people. It reinforces me. I know it triggers some. I can't be bothered with drinking around people because they slow down my mission of getting really wasted. I don't know what lengths these friends will go to with the wine tonight and I don't much care. I'll be cooking, enjoying my food and having some lovely chamomile for the chilly weather.

xoxo