Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 12

Old 10-21-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Haven't been able to read anything today. Posting because I am so angry. Fighting with hospital to get the same care as the other people exposed. So furious. This is bringing up so many unpleasant emotions that I can't just push away and numb out from anymore. I don't want to feel like this!!!!

How long do AA meetings go?
Old 10-21-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Space, clearly you are worth it to the people who set this up. Pack your bags and go!
Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was being too optimistic about my injury and tried to run. My leg strongly disagreed with my assessment Back to the physio again. *sigh* thanks for your concern. It's only a minor setback. Just felt like being a drama queen.

AA meetings are either 1 or 1.5 hours long
Old 10-21-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry Kaneda. It really sucks when you feel good overall but there is one little thing keeping you from working out. Also thought you would enjoy knowing your username is now in my autocorrect. Lol
Old 10-21-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Haven't been able to read anything today. Posting because I am so angry. Fighting with hospital to get the same care as the other people exposed. So furious. This is bringing up so many unpleasant emotions that I can't just push away and numb out from anymore. I don't want to feel like this!!!!
I am trying to learn to accept unpleasant feelings, i.e., not trying to fight back. As my psychologist is trying to teach me, unpleasant feelings are like a relative you dislike that comes to your house for a festive dinner. You invite them in, sit them down and then go do something else. That is to say, you acknowledge the unpleasant feeling and accept it, leave it be and do something else. I personally try to observe and breathe through the feeling.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I love the analogy of the unpleasant dinner guest! Thank you.

I am at my own doctor and he has been very supportive and made me feel much better. So glad I came here.

I am waiting to get my first test for this exposure.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am back in the office. I know its all in my head but I find it tough going being here. Feeling sad and depressed. I know the feeling will pass. Just need to sit through it.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I love the analogy of the unpleasant dinner guest! Thank you.

I am at my own doctor and he has been very supportive and made me feel much better. So glad I came here.

I am waiting to get my first test for this exposure.
I wish you the very very best of luck ! My thoughts are with you
Old 10-21-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Kaneda I really like that Im going to try the next time I have one of those thoughts. Hope your leg gets better soon
Renarde that is an awful situation very unfair . AA meetings are a great help .You can talk about how you feel.
Space go to rehab.
Melina I hope your feeling better
Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post

Maybe I am a dry drunk. I don't really get the term. Sometimes, I am just me, wishing I could have a drink. Maybe that is it? As opposed to being glad I am not going to drink?
The term is an implication that simply getting sober is not enough. That there were underlying reasons causing you to drink, and until you fix them you are still an angry, broken individual, but dry. In my case, there might be some truth to it.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

How long do AA meetings go?
1 hour
Old 10-21-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Really sorry about your job Kaneda. That sucks, and would totally freak me out. It's something I worry about every week tbh.

Renarde, I can't believe they are giving you the runaround on your exposure. I assume you are not an actual hospital employee and this is somehow a big CYA with their legal dept. Although it sounds like you got exposed in their hospital so not sure how well they would be able to avoid liability. There should be precaution signs posted outside rooms like that?

I guess though if you are training to treat patients, you might need to get used to stuff like this. I think needle pricks happen more often than anybody would like. It would freak me out.

Space. You need rehab. It's your AV fighting it.

Had a pretty huge urge to drink coming home from work today. I think a few things happened at the end of the day that stressed me a little, and my normal reaction to that is buy booze. Still sort of floating around in my head but I'm telling it, Not Today.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Renarde, sorry you are not getting the care you should be getting from the hospital where you were exposed. It is very good you took action with your own physician to take care of yourself. You can deal with the legal issues and such later, but really, you must first take care of you.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

UI

Thanks for that. I think its a healthy sign that you can observe your cravings, as if from a third person perspective, then let them float around. Eventually they will float away !
Old 10-21-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hello everyone I hope everybody's doing fine today I've been real busy with work
UI good job with controlling the AV
Hooped I hope you're okay check in
Renarde I hope the test come out good for you
Kane too bad about the leg
Space it sounds to me like somebody really cares for you to offer you a deal like that good luck on whatever your decision is.
Lillian I haven't seen you all day I'm waving
I'm sorry if I missed anybody hello Melina and Rochelle and kellbell madbird
Old 10-21-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I don't think Dee loves us anymore
Old 10-21-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Really really bombarded with work. Not liking this. I work all day and night. It's all for good but I'm stretched thin. Hope everyone's doing well. I hope we can chat soon
Old 10-21-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I don't think Dee loves us anymore
Dee is away due to health issues. He mentioned this in a thread on the Newcomers page ("sabbatical").
Old 10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Really sorry about your job Kaneda. That sucks, and would totally freak me out. It's something I worry about every week tbh.

Renarde, I can't believe they are giving you the runaround on your exposure. I assume you are not an actual hospital employee and this is somehow a big CYA with their legal dept. Although it sounds like you got exposed in their hospital so not sure how well they would be able to avoid liability. There should be precaution signs posted outside rooms like that?

I guess though if you are training to treat patients, you might need to get used to stuff like this. I think needle pricks happen more often than anybody would like. It would freak me out.

Space. You need rehab. It's your AV fighting it.

Had a pretty huge urge to drink coming home from work today. I think a few things happened at the end of the day that stressed me a little, and my normal reaction to that is buy booze. Still sort of floating around in my head but I'm telling it, Not Today.
It's not a needle *****. That's covered. And patient should have been in isolation but wasn't. That's how it happened. Thanks

What stressed you out?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Lol s-t-i-c-k was censored