Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 5

Old 08-29-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi moms....

Not much going on. Left work early for appointment with my Gynecologist. Funny for you gals...how many of you get undressed, then hide your underwear and bra under other clothes...just moments before spreading wide for old doc to see all your business?

Lol...so nuts we do that huh?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Dolly - too funny! That's exactly what I do. And I also do the whole grooming thing before my appointments. I'd hate for my OB to think I don't care!

I had an awful day with my daughter today. I skipped the gym to rest, and believe me, I won't be doing that again. Apparently I need that ME time more than I realized... it was just constant combat today between us. When hubby got home, I went out with my journal and sat by the creek and wrote and really found some peace, came home for dinner feeling great, and then after dinner, totally exploded on my daughters when they were hanging on the freezer door of the fridge (freezer is on the bottom), pulling it open for ice cream. I told them they could have ice cream, but seeing them hanging on it freaked me out - I worry about everything, including the fridge falling on them, and I yelled really loud. Ugh... just set me right back into the madness.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Marcher

OMG! Dolly, I do that too! So funny!
And yes, bebetter, a shower, shave, bikini shave, lotion, perfume, makeup, hair. Like a date. So sad.
And bebetter, just go back down to the creek! Tell them mommy needs a time out for yelling. I give myself timeouts.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Marcher

Like a date before children came along...
Old 08-29-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh, and Sarah, thanks for the pinky crosses! I teach wee little ones- Preschool, Kindergarten, and up to 3rd grade.
And I'll tell you a secret about the preschoolers that will ease your mind: They stop crying about 30 seconds after you walk away. So quick kiss and hug and get outta there. Its harder on the mommys than it is on the children. But if they see you after the goodbyes, they get more upset! So best to get going without lingering. I think we all need some intellectual/social stimulation. Whether its work, volunteerism, mom&tots play groups.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
Hi moms....

Not much going on. Left work early for appointment with my Gynecologist. Funny for you gals...how many of you get undressed, then hide your underwear and bra under other clothes...just moments before spreading wide for old doc to see all your business?

Lol...so nuts we do that huh?
Yep, raising my hand too So funny!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Lol girls...hysterical! Yep, have to have painted toes too:-)

Congrats on day 5 Kelly and Fishy!!

Congrats to you too Sarah...6 weeks is amazing!

Sunny....hope you feel better soon!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Marcher

Dolly, can't believe I forgot that. Painted toes a must!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
Onwards and upwards onto day 5.

Yesterday I started a tumblr blog where I can put all my negitive alcohol thoughts and demons. That way I can just log onto my phone anywhere and put my av and demons of alcohol down at any time to read. It is not like I can carry a journal around. This is and will help me get through step 1 that I am powerless over alcohol, because I really am. I believe it deep in my core but a decade of drinking mindset needs to be reset so I know I can't rush the steps but make sure they are an ingrained part of my whole soul and person.

Day 5 and 3 AA meetings under my belt. 2 were online. I am also signing up for the email AA program and snail mail to keep me on my toes. I have 2 meetings tomorrow and one Saturday morning. Hopefully this curbs the lonliness I have when my kids are at their fathers. That is when I usually drink and reflect on the week.

Talking of pets, I have 4 cats. They are lovely but annoying and I think I might have to rehome them as sobriety goes on. :-(

Well done fishy!!! whays snail mail?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

My gynaecologist is soooooo good looking I definitely do all that .....not worth having a 4th baby for though jus to see him!!! lol!!!!! Iwas so bored when my youngest started school I took a parttime jo 2 days a week.... I love it...it gives me adult chat and company even though the pay is rubbish!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Happy Friday ladies, I tried to keep up with all of the trimming too for when I gave birth - ridiculous I know as I couldn't see a bloody thing anyways - must have looked like a blind hedge trimmer had gone to town at 42 weeks haha

So today my hubs is at a conference all day and into this eve so it's just me and the kids - was awake early and have all ready scrubbed the upstairs - just about to sort the cupboard under the sink that's full of plastic bags and cleaning utensils, then onto the fridge. Not going far today as waiting for my fixed car to be dropped off - hope they've washed / cleaned it too - it was a bin on wheels went it went

Oh and I used the sock-mop this morning - made me smile and think of you all

Xxxxxx
Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunnyc5 View Post
Well done fishy!!! whays snail mail?
Snail mail is the old fashioned posting mail and being delivered by post.

Day 5 forme is almost over. I went to another AA meeting today and was really looking forward to going to another one tonight and in the morning (dawn overlooking the beach meeting would have been nice) as my kids usually see their dad on Friday nights for a sleep over. He is not having them so I am really quite upset as I was building up to speaking at the one tonight if asked. I just have to wait until Tuesday now.

Part of why I drink is because of severe stress. So I am trying to just build a bridge and get over the fact I can not go. It is hard when I am missing my partner so much too. I just want him so so much. I can see him on steam playing a computer game and wish he would just message me and say he loves me or even anything. I need to keep busy to distract myself from him but now it is the weekend so that will not happen.

I really needed to go to aa tonight. I feel like crying because I can't. I am determined to stay sober for me and to fight for my partner. He makes it so hard. He is there on steam playing games and I can see that he is online and he knows I know and still will not talk to me. If he just told me he was dumping me it would be easier then all this mind games.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi fishy, have you tried contacting him at all? I've also seen that there are AA chat groups on here, maybe you could join one of those as you can't make it to a meeting? Just a thought

Well done on day 5 xxxx
Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustSarah View Post
Hi fishy, have you tried contacting him at all? I've also seen that there are AA chat groups on here, maybe you could join one of those as you can't make it to a meeting? Just a thought

Well done on day 5 xxxx
Yes I have sent him a few really long ******* emails like 3000 words long a piece explaining autism, explaining what a meltdown is, explaining how I was feeling and how each little thing lately has been effecting me ect. I have sent him a link to my sobriety blog and send him 1 message a day saying "I love you".

Damn my silly heart breaking.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Awww Fishy, I am sorry he hasn't come back to you - it is still early days so maybe with a bit more time and space he will come back to you I have everything crossed for you guys xxxx
Old 08-30-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

And thanks for the advice joygirl, I'll defo remember that when I drop him off on the first day . Hope you hear back from the school soon xxxxxxx
Old 08-30-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

well I had my duvet morning! I had pneumonia last year and apparently it makes you susceptible to getting it again...great....thing is I have too much to do to get sick so after a full on week of gutting and cleaning house and work...I had a me morning and am now going to get showered before the school run..happy friday!!!xxxx sarah sock mop came in handy this week I too smiled to myself!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

That writing by the creek sounds awesome! I've been so shirt with everyone lately. Almost as bad as I was in the beginning (day 144). I totally have like this rage feeling inside me lately like the smallest thing sets me off like pms times 10. I guess it's just a phase hope it ends quickly.

Anybody notice that sounds bother them? I go absolutely mad when more then one person is speaking or tv plus fan plus conversations. Ugh I don't remember being so sensitive to sounds.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
Anybody notice that sounds bother them? I go absolutely mad when more then one person is speaking or tv plus fan plus conversations. Ugh I don't remember being so sensitive to sounds.
YES! The TV especially gets on my nerves. I swear my hubby is hard of hearing at 39 because he turns the volume up so loud! I am constantly turning it down. The other day I got so annoyed because the TV was on, dishwasher was going, and hubby was talking on phone. I just wanted to scream

Hope your mood improves soon, Imperfectlyme. I know the feeling
Old 08-30-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

yes I hate noise!!!!!!!!!!