Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 5

Old 08-26-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Marcher

Glad to hear it, Sarah, keep hanging in, whatever it takes!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Babs...congrats on 2 weeks. You can do it on Wednesday...we believe in you!

My period is coming by the end of the week:-). Yah, in another month or so, we will all be together chatting about Kotex, tampons, Motrin and chocolate:-)
Old 08-26-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh yay. lol
Actually, I had surgery in April, an endometrial ablation, so I don't have any bleeding/cramping (mine had become unbearable). I do still have PMS, bloating, migraine, irritability, everything else. Next month will be super fun!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I feel so left out. I am mid-cycle so I guess I am not in sync with all of you I sure did have the hormonal crap 2 weka ago though. PMS is much worse now that I am not drinking as well. Guess it is because I am actually "feeling" the symptoms instead of drinking myself to oblivion!

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary this weekend. Our actual anniversary is Thursday, but will go out to dinner on Sat when my mom can watch our daughter. This will be a first for me - an anniversary dinner without cocktails before and a bottle of wine with dinner. Ugh, why does it seem so blah without alcohol? I guess I should be looking forward to spending some alone time together and actually remembering the evening. I guess I am in that stage where I know I can't (and don't want to) go back there, but I miss it being a part of certain occasions. Does that make sense? Just talking out loud here, I guess. Just realized, ironically, that this Saturday will be 30 days for me so I CAN'T blow it!!

Anyway, time to get ready for bed. Hope everyone has/had a great night
Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Marcher

Ladybug, you make sense to me. I still pause sometimes before I get ready to go somewhere, out of habit, thinking I need to "do" something first. I still do that after 5 months, but not all the time. The more stressed, the more likely it is that I'll have that pause. But then, I remind myself that I don't "need anything" and the thought passes.
And congrats on your anniversary! Go have fun with your husband!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Lady...my wedding anniversary was early sobriety too. I was sober only 2 weeks when we went to dinner. I remember fidgeting like crazy with my hands (which had alway been firmly grasped around a wine glass before), but after 20 min. Or so I settled down.

You will be okay, just try to relax a little and enjoy knowing the dinner bill will be a fraction of what it used to be. I remember that nice boost to my mood at the end. Damn wine is expensive!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Ladybug, my anniversary was June 18th so i'd only been sober for a week when we went out, and we were in Spain. I surprised myself by having a really nice time - am sure you will too - congrats in 4 years!! That's lovely - have you got a nice outfit to wear? If not you should treat yourself

Today is the fist day after a bank holiday weekend and my house is a tip and I have a mountain if ironing to sort. Eugh- so much effort - I HATE ironing!!

It looks like everyone's doing well at the moment - Babs, you're doing so well and I totally understand where you're coming from - I could murder a glass of wine more often than not and just have to remind myself how much I don't want to be that out of control mess starting in day 0 again. You can do this Hun

Xxxxxxx
Old 08-27-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How funny we are all in sync!!!! well done Babs...I remember last week trolling through all the posts I had missed and your first post remided me so much of how I felt last week...I am feeling alot better but it is only watching how you girls are getting stronge day by day that I know I can do it too!!!! I got up at 6.50am today and went for a run before the mayhem started of getting out to work and school!!! I only did 20minutes but the whole time I was mentally chanting 'I will not drink today! I will mot drink today!!!' Help Help Help me HP not to drink today!!! Think I am finally going insane!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

can I join in here.

I am a single mum of 2 kids. I had a boyfriend until the other day. I think he has gone for good seeing me a rock bottom and suicidal with hallucinations brought on by alcohol, prescription meds overdose and over 100 laxative tablets in one night. I don't think he will ever forgive me now, it isn't like we are married or even live together.

I am on day 2 and determined to do whatever I can to stop drinking. I can't do this anymore and I am powerless over alcohol.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome Fishy!! You will find lots of support here. Congrats on day two. It's time to concentrate on you being well and happy:-)

Feel free to post as often as needed...it really helps:-)
Old 08-27-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

At the moment I need to post a lot. I am super worried about never seeing my boyfriend again and I know it. I broke his heart and he is the most perfect man in the whole world.

It would be so much easier to close myself off to him and start a new fresh life but I know as much as I hate myself, he is my soul mate.

I feel kind of ill that my bender this last weekend that ended up me so sick had him facilitating me getting booze. He is so supportive but enables me too.

My heart is breaking and I want a magic ball to know when I will see him again. It is so difficult. He was the one person who came to look after me and I hurt him so much that it was my rock bottom which has prompted me here and to AA today. Catch 22. I need him.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Fishy, welcome and congrats on day 2 and going to AA - we've all been where you are right now and it is soul destroying. With time maybe your boyfriend will come back - give yourself and him some time to heal - this is the hardest thing in the world to do but it does get easier and we're always here to support each other. This group has been my absolute lifeline and I couldn't have got this far without the mums here

Sunny - you've done great with the run - well done you !! You sound so much happier today than last week - yay you xxxxx
Old 08-27-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Welcome Fishy! I hope you find this group of women as strengthening as I do. I quit drinking on June 30 after a series of real benders. I quit for myself and my family, but I have to say that on the days I struggle and want to have that one drink (yeah right - one...), the knowledge of coming here and admitting I relapsed, or being too embarrassed to come back at all and give up this online companionship is the final wall that keeps me sober. I have two young daughters.

Baby wouldn't go to sleep last night, and I had a big project to finish for work (I'm designing a billboard for an event, due on Wednesday!) so I had to stay up really late to send my boss a third draft so he'd get it today for review. Then, she was up at 5:30 today and I was stressing that I wouldn't get my MOM time that I take (to drink my coffee, surf the web, smoke a cig or two and get in the garden - my stress relievers that set me up for a day of mothering two young ones!) I finally got her asleep again at 6:30, so here I am! Smoke and coffee in hand... typing to you! Ahh.....
Old 08-27-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh! And I'm really proud of myself - yesterday, I ran a 5K on the treadmill at the Y in 29 minutes!! I hope to keep working on that and maybe work up to a 10K someday!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

That's fab bebetter - I doubt I could do 1km in that time haha. Today I am trying to drink loads of water - I've been really naughty with the diet/cokes and orange juice this bank hol weekend and need to drink some water - I find it so boring though, plus I have to pee so often when I drink the stuff (bladder of a 3 yr old!!)

Oh and I've just dropped my last 3 cigs in the dogs water bowl - have you ever tried smoking through a wet filter - it's freakin nasty - have now got the remaining 2 drying in the sunshine and am hoping my hubby comes home from work early with more - eugh

Xxx
Old 08-27-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Hi ladies - It's been a while since I posted here. Had a lot of family drama, then vacation to the beach. Just got back to work yesterday and still not in the groove yet. It's never good when I don't come to this forum on a daily basis - it wrecks my will to live a sober life. So I am on Day 3. Nothing bad happened in the last few weeks I've drank but I really just do not want to drink. I feel like these AV thoughts are constantly swirling around in my head. I am trying to get back into shape by bike riding and watching how I eat and I feel good about that, I only just need to kick this drinking problem.

Anyone with more than 6 weeks here who have any special advice on staying sober?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
At the moment I need to post a lot. I am super worried about never seeing my boyfriend again and I know it. I broke his heart and he is the most perfect man in the whole world.

It would be so much easier to close myself off to him and start a new fresh life but I know as much as I hate myself, he is my soul mate.

I feel kind of ill that my bender this last weekend that ended up me so sick had him facilitating me getting booze. He is so supportive but enables me too.

My heart is breaking and I want a magic ball to know when I will see him again. It is so difficult. He was the one person who came to look after me and I hurt him so much that it was my rock bottom which has prompted me here and to AA today. Catch 22. I need him.

Welcome you are in the right place and we are/have all been there! Stay strongxxx
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

be better I have just signed up for 10k in 6weeks time!!! downloaded my 6 week training prog today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fishy you have to do this for you first and foremost .... believe me I did for my H at first and as soon as he did something to annoy me I just drank!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sarah

I often drop my cigs in water and put them on radiator!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good to know I'm not the only one sunny - unfortunately I didn't have the heating in today (for a change) but will defo do that next time - thought they would disintegrate under the hairdryer haha

Just about to have my tea - boys are in bed - time to chill - happy sigh xxxxxxx