Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 5

Old 10-05-2013, 03:47 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good morning moms,

Just sitting here in early morning quiet waiting for my princess to wake up.

Bebetter...wow, what a nice gesture....thoughtful is an understatement!!!

Sarah....good for you doing the insanity. I need to add strength training to my regime, but was initially nervous about weight gain from muscle. I have to do it, and will make sure to go measurements when I begin.

Typical Ssturday on tap...,swim lessons, and a little shopping. Have to buy new underwear.... Mine are so big now. Maybe it's time to trade my big old granny panties for some bikini panties:-)
Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Oh yah Grace...best of luck with hubby. Let us know how it goes. Will be thinking of you!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Does anyone take B12? I took one last night and tossed and turned all night and also had a strange wave of physical panic run through my body - it wasn't mental, so it was manageable, but it wasn't soothing for sure! I heard B12 could help with energy, but thought it would be more of a gentle thing, and also thought it would take a regimen to build up to good energy levels. I also had 2 cups of decaf coffee last night (I made it, and know it was decaf, though maybe I should recheck the bag...), which I never do. Maybe it was the decaf? Just curious if others have info on B12. I can't really find a very good answer online.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi BeBetter - I take these in the morning, it's a B-vit complex (which I think means mixture). I take one every morning and it has helped with my mood and energy levels - no weird side effects other than my pee turning bright yellow (same colour as the tablets). I also make sure I have some toast so maybe some food will help?

Anyways - gotta dash - the shops are calling me hope I was of some help xxxxxxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-43479998.jpg (45.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Have fun tonight, Sarah! Hope everyone has a good, strong weekend!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi Moms,

Didn't sleep well last night and now I am cranky this morning Woke up at 3:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. Mind started racing about all the things I still haven't gotten done, etc. Reminded me of my drinking days when I would wake up at 3am dehydrated, remorseful and anxious. Ugh, don't know where the anxiety came from last night?? I hate being cranky and tired on the weekends because it is the only time I get with the hubby. I think he wants us to get together with his parents today, which will make me even more cranky (another ugh). Sorry for the downer post.

Have fun tonight, JustSarah! Good luck with your hubby and talk, GotGrace!

Hope everyone else has a great Saturday. Will check back later when I am hopefully feeling better
Old 10-05-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better Lady. I know how those 3am wake ups are. I was the same when I was drinking...almost nightly I woke up with that SR anxiety. I slept great now, but once in a while I get one of those nights, and they STINK!!!

Hope your day is good.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dolly. Yeah, I haven't had one of these in awhile. I have been sleeping great since I quit drinking. In a better mood now because just found out we aren't seeing in-laws. Instead I am going to take my daughter up to see her baby cousin. If holding a week old baby doesn't improve your spirits I don't know what will
Old 10-05-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good Morning Moms!

Ha! Well its been fun but overwhelming and challenging at the same time. This is the first real wave of social stuff and the first time anyone is seeing me not drinking... and of course everyone else is. Still trudging through things with H and the functionality of us as a team is so shallow. You scratch the surface and we're ready for confrontation. So, while its been good there's still a lot we/I am working through.

Justsarah - I remember all too well the week before the return to work. Enjoy your last few days! You're really doing great!

Sunny - how are you doing?

Bebetter - how great is that? What a FIL! What a load off to feel like your sobriety isn't the largest thing in the room. He just made everything okay. I love that!
Focused on getting a workout in today... I'm just feeling so lazy... I just want to lay in bed and doze in and out of consciousness and REM.

Happy Saturday mommas!!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi Moms,

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Just took a shower, had some coffee ice cream and am ready for bed. Hubby is downstairs having a drink (whiskey so it doesn't bother me), but this means he will want to stay up late (read: he will want some alone time after my daughter falls asleep). I am so tired tonight and just want to go to sleep, like now! I feel so bad. Any of you just not in the mood sometimes when hubby is?? Sorry if I am getting too personal

Anyone hear from joygirl? She hasn't posted in awhile Hope she is doing ok.

Hugs to you all!
Old 10-05-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi everyone... It's really hard being at this thing and not drinking. Everyone is starting to get tipsy, repeating themselves, booze fills the air. We're in a tent where everything is free.. Ugh. I could've so easily stayed home bit I guess we have to get better at being social right? Another sparkling water for me...
Old 10-05-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi Moms...

Just getting ready for bed, and all snuggled with my girl.

Lady...yes, there have been many times lately when I have had to turn hubby down. Our Intimate life has been a victim of his work schedule. He works on weekend nights, and on the week nights, I am usually so tired after a long work day. We try to set some time for things in Sunday night, but it doesn't always work.

I was wondering about Joy too...hope we see her soon.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm a bit on and offline today so time for a new thread...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D