Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 5

Old 08-27-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Tuesday...I've always hated Tuesdays, today with reason. I woke up this morning to my car broken into. The jerks stole my laptop and an ipod that was in the center console. Its my own fault, i had too many things in my hands when returning from work with baby last night and thought I'd go back to the car and get the stroller once I'd done the first load... well I got distracted with baby and never went back out to the car and left it unlocked. ARGH! There have been a series of break-ins in the neighborhood and I just should have known better, I'm going to be on the look out to get these jerks. I'm no stranger to living in the city and go figure the smallest city I've ever lived in and I feel the most unsafe here...

It's good that I'm leaving the office early to go to therapy and then to pick up the baby. Thankfully husband is home tonight from a trip. I guess the silver lining in this, I didn't htink once about having a bottle (or three) of wine to relax myself. When I went to my employer (it was my work computer) and told him the deal, he jsut said "**** happens... we'll figure it out." Instead of being all anxious and thinking of a zillion lies like I would have in the past, I just came out with it and said "I'll cover the cost if that's what needs to be done." Apparently honesty isn't all that bad afterall. Sometimes you can tell the truth and the outcome is better than it would have been with the white lie....

I'm hoping you all have all your goods in tact and having a better Tuesday wherever you are. One day at a time. Day 15.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Moms!

Day 26 and just now getting home from a busy day of running around. Have a horrible headache, which I seldom get, and am feeling exhausted. Drinking some sparkling water in hopes of feeling better before dinner.

Welcome to our little group, Fishy!

Babs - so sorry to hear about your car getting broken into. That has happened to me before and it is the worse feeling. It's great that you didn't think about drinking, though!

Good to see you back, kellyg!

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Marcher

Welcome Fishy! You really do have to get sober for yourself, foremost. Others around you will certainly benefit! This is your life, however. You can do it!
Sarah, lmao, dropping the cigs in dogs bowl... classic.
bebetter and sunny, I walk 5K most nights, but it takes me an hour! And its taken me 3 months to work up to that. I do walk fast, but I just cannot run. Ya'll are really doing great!
Babs, my H laptop was stolen from his office several years ago, when we lived in Orlando. They broke in through a window and stole laptops! wtf? The worse part of it was, all of our family pics were on it, and the backup CD was in the laptop case. So we lost tons of great pics from Disney, beach, and with their mimi in them! I cried over that. I could cry this minute over that. But I won't. It was prob a Tuesday! Fab on the Day 15!
Ladybug, did you see the commercial with the new fridge that dispenses sparkling water!? Brilliant. Hope your headache goes away soon.
Kelly, good to see ya! Hang in there darling and just think about what didn't work so far. Early on, I read lots of inspiring posts here and even printed out a few that I used as a mantra, of sorts. And I made a little list of all my friends on SR to keep on me. I looked at that list when times were tough and remembered I'm not alone in this. I still have that, but haven't pulled it out recently. I think I will. I need to add some more names to it.
Okay everybody, tomorrow is Hump Day! We got this!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Nightly check in...hope everyone is doing well.

I am coming up on 4 months in a few days, and it feels great. My husband is very supportive, but I can't help but feel annoyed by some of his comments. Like he said yesterday in a very excited tone..."hey, it's 4 months for you thus week!"...that shouldn't bother me, but it does...it sounds almost patronizing coming from him.

I also hate it when he asks me if I "miss it". Seems like such a stupid question right now. I don't know...anybody else have similar issue, or am I the only mean wife?;-)

Babs....sorry about the laptop:-(. I know how that happens. You actually reminded me that I left my bag in my car...UNLOCKED! Will send hubby out now to retrieve.

Kelly...glad you came back, and that you are on day 3. Joygirl...that is a good idea about printing some of the posts out with members names. I know reading here has helped me through some tough days, so an easy to grab post that was especially meaningful...nice idea!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thankyou for the welcome everyone.

Today I feel kind of calm. I have decided to write up a few lists for my fridge that I can add to as things come to me.

1. will be all the low points that have occurred due to my drinking. Big and small
2. Will be what I have to do everyday to be a good sober mother that will not fall into AV mode.

Hopefully this will help me and I can also use this to show my sponsor when I get one. I also want my partner to read it if he ever takes me back so he can understand just how deep the illness is and he can use the lists to help himself too.

Oh how I miss him. I have deleted all my facebook contacts except him and all my liked pages. All my friends either need lots of attention, have severe depression or drink a lot. I have found I don't miss any of them but I still check hourly to see if my partner has said anything or posted anything.

I have also come to realise that I really did need to hit rock bottom to get help. I would have been in denial if I hadn't. Unfortunately for me rock bottom was hurting my partner. I hope he can see that I needed that wake up call and will come and support us in my recovery. I can only hope. I have to get well for me and if he accepts the change that is only something he can do, I can't change who he is and I never want to.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Marcher

Fishy, that sounds like a well thought-out plan. YOU are a valuable woman, YOU are worth being sober and healthy, YOU deserve to love yourself. Put your plan for sobriety as your first priority of each day.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Marcher

Yes, Dolly, I'm a mean wife sometimes. Easily annoyed at petty things he does and says. I've been biting my tongue an awful lot lately. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Fishy, that sounds like a great plan - we all have our systems which we are trying to get us through this and just having a plan in itself helps your state of mind. I tried the drs who weren't too helpful and at rock bottom I realised that only I can do this for me - there are no magic pills (well not that they're doling out in the nhs) so I am now on day 38 and have drank once in 3 months (which was a MASSIVE mistake) anyways - you're in the right place - you can do this

Ladybug, day 26 is awesome and joygirl I wish I could be bovvered to do 5km per day - I really need to up the ante on my exercise regime - as in get one

Welcome back kellyg and sorry to hear about your laptop Babs-glad to hear your boss was understanding too - these things happen unfortunately and are a total pain in the arse!!

Dolly 4 months is awesome - I hope to get there one day

Just getting up here in the UK - another day with the kiddos - have moved my cig packet far away from any water today - it's a start xxxxxxxxx
Old 08-28-2013, 01:10 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Oh and as you all know i'm currently watching house of cards - anyways there's an AA scene in it where the guy has done 5000 odd days sober - anyways he says that the thought if going back to day 0 keeps him going and says 'f*ck the zero' I have to say I have been chanting that over and over since I heard it

Xxxxxx
Old 08-28-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

well all I had manic day at work yesterday got home to cook tea AND STARTED INTO CLEARING THE HOUSE....I do nothing by halfs....went bed with banging headache and woke up feeling grim.....I stop drinking and get sick! Anyway its not put be off finished my mega clearout this am as have ordered a 6 hr house clean tomorrow!!!! It needs it. The kids all back to school tomorrow!!!! routine and structure return...I have a hungarian girl minding the kids on tue and thurs afternoons and she is going to do some light house work too.....soooo I am promising myself to get and stay organised tidy and clean! tidy house tidy mind!!! OMG i am knackered!!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, so here I am back on SR, utterly ashamed and not sure where I want to post this time. I joined first in April and was posting in the class of April, I managed 50 days sober from oxy, tramadol and codeine addiction. I then dropped off the radar, you know busy busy life, but unfortunately came crash bang off the wagon. I have been so utterly ashamed of myself. My poor husband who is a Doctor got me the best possible treatment last time, really stuck his neck out getting me the best from his colleagues at the hospital which must have been embarrassing. I had got myself back to work as an RN after months and months off and things were really on the up. So what went wrong I ask myself. I just don't know. I have a lovely husband, lovely kids, a lovely home which we have manged to save after I got back to work (when I was on here in April my addiction and being off work for nearly a year etc etc was meaning we were looking likely to lose our house and had put it up for sale)...so what the hell is wrong with me. No one knows I have been using again, although given that my husband is a bloody Doctor I am truly amazed if deep down he cant tell?! So today I am day 1, I am on a detox programme so am hoping the withdrawal wont be too bad. I cant believe I am back in this place, but I know I can do it, and I havnt let things progress to the point of crazy, home losing, letting myself go etc like last time, I need to get and keep this back on track.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi FM! We were in the April class together and I am so glad to see you back! I have stumbled more than a few times since joining in April, but coming back here right after my slips has kept me going. I am on Day 27 now and feeling stronger and better than ever (well, most days ). This Mom's thread has been invaluable to me so stick close to us and we will help you through. You know you can do this!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Day 4 and feeling good Thanks to all here who are so supportive!

Joygirl - I love the list idea you have - I am going to type one up and put it on my fridge so I can look at it every day and know I am not alone.
FM - I am on Day 4 so we are close to starting over together. Positive thoughts your way!

Everyone have a wonderful sober day!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Rainy day here, and it's bringing all the pollen down - my face really hurts from allergies. I'm not sure what to take, because I have some weird reactions to most allergy meds that work on acute symptoms. My body is sore from running the past 2 days and the workout class I took this morning. I feel like I workout enough but my body (except my arms) never really changes. Guess I just love to eat too much.

I'm trying to get into a positive frame of mind. I guess my tendency is always to think negatively, and to worry, and it's so counterproductive. Maybe banging my head on a table will help!

Not worried at all about my sobriety, though. I'm feeling strong in that department!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi FM, welcome to the thread - it's a fab place to be! Loads of support here - you can do this

I am about to pass out on the couch - am nackered to my bones today - the little one is kipping in his cot and 3yr old is on a 'time-out' in his room - phewey!! I may just be able to close my eyes for 5

Hope everyone's good

Xxxxxx
Old 08-28-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Bebetter - I live in MD and my allergies have been all over the place this summer! Ugh! Just starting to feel a little better today - no itchy eyes and scratchy throat - Hurray!

Feel better
Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Welcome new joining mommas been crazy lately getting ready for back to school. Can not wait to have a few quiet hours a week. Ladybug is your little one starting school for the first time soon?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi ladies!

ImperfectlyMe, yes, my little girl starts pre-school for the first time on Sept 16. I am excited for her, yet a bit sad. I quit working when she was 9 months so we have been home together for almost 3 years and she is definitely a "Mommy's girl". The other day I was trying to explain pre-school to her and she just looked at me with a sad face and said, "but Mommy, I don't want to go to school, I just want to stay with you" It will be good for BOTH of us, I know, but I am sure I will be emotional about it for the first week or so.

It has been a rainy day here. Went to the gym this morning. I wish I could get there every day because it always makes me feel so much better - and much less guilty about all of the chocolate/ice cream I have been eating!

Hope everyone is having a nice day!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Ladybug - you inspire me to hit the pavement tonight. You're so committed, thanks for the push!

I have that work event tonight that I was dreading. I think it will be fine. I shouldn't have a problem turning down a ****** chardonnay, right? I really don't want to go... its always at these things that I mindlessly accept the drink and then find myself at the liquor store on the way home, rationalizing that I need to undo that ****** wine... ugh. But hubby is waiting at home and really, I don't even want to drink. It's like I'm making a bigger deal in my head because I feel like it should be or something... yuck. yuck. yuck.

Ladybug, I'm taking a page from your book sister and going on a run when I get home....

Have a great night ladies!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Babs, you will totally be fine at your event tonight. You sound positive and strong. You've got this! Enjoy your run afterwards! Then you can have as much ice cream as you want