Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 3

Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks serenity1972 it really is a case head Down and make it through this I'm going to get a tonic tomorrow in the health shop. Kids back to school next week so more time for exercise
Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I've told him that i was going to quit before and i would just get an eye roll. He never really cared about my drinking either he would go to the store and buy more wine or whatever for me without blinking. This is really the first time that I think I am admitting to myself that I have a problem when it comes to drinking not just that I'm going to take a break but that I should seriously consider my relationship with alcohol and stop drinking it all together. I am so glad i found this forum. A friend of mine was talking about a forum she found after she had a miscarriage. I was drinking copious amounts of wine that night and I woke up just feeling stupid and tired of it and found SR.

Thanks for some accountability
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in on day 3. It's about 4 p.m. here so I'm going to take some books down to the coffee shop and order something herbal-esque. I'm a little stressed about school starting, but I don't feel like drinking because I've felt so good going back to work the past 2 days sans hangover. Felt kinda irritated today, but I know that alcohol will only make it worse. Came home and got on SR and got to read of your lovely posts . This August thread is priceless.

What is Moose Track ice cream? And Edward's Hershey's pie? I've never heard of these delights...
Old 08-21-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Mayhan,
What kind of tonic? I just drink massive coffee. Good luck with your day tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Kadidee,

Day 3 way to go and doesn't it feel fantastic to wake up without a hangover and be able to function for the day? I am loving every minute of it even though it is hard work. But, I realized 2 Sunday's ago that drinking and getting blackout drunk was hard work too. So, I am ok with the switch.

I am glad that you are embracing your sobriety. That is just awesome. I have no clue what Moose Track ice cream and Edward's Hersey's pie is, but it sounded delicious and I want some! Hmm..I am going to have to google this and see where I find some for my sweet fix this weekend.

I have to agree with you this August class is priceless!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hope this works

Denali Flavors
Old 08-21-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bluedot View Post
I've told him that i was going to quit before and i would just get an eye roll. He never really cared about my drinking either he would go to the store and buy more wine or whatever for me without blinking. This is really the first time that I think I am admitting to myself that I have a problem when it comes to drinking not just that I'm going to take a break but that I should seriously consider my relationship with alcohol and stop drinking it all together. I am so glad i found this forum. A friend of mine was talking about a forum she found after she had a miscarriage. I was drinking copious amounts of wine that night and I woke up just feeling stupid and tired of it and found SR.

Thanks for some accountability
You know my husband was the same way. I would run out of vodka (bought the smaller bottles thinking I could moderate..yeah right) and he being the enabler would go buy me more without hesitation. I don't know how many times I had him running to the liquor store at any given weekend and I don't care to count either as it was shameful. I am sure they cashier at the liquor store though he had the problem and not me as they only saw me once a week on Friday evening on my way home. They saw my poor husband more than they saw me. I feel bad about it, but I can't dwell on it. Onwards and upwards.

You just keep doing what you are doing and show your husband that you mean business. I know my husband has been pretty impressed that I have been sober for 2 weekends in a row and I am sure he is glad he doesn't have to frequent the liquor store numerous times per weekend anymore. But, he has been sent to go get candy or sweets on numerous occasions (I don't normally keep junk food in the house), but I am sure he is glad that he frequents the convenience store rather than the liquor store. Plus, he gets to eat the candy too because well I didn't like to share my booze. Plus, he wasn't a drinker anyway.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hershey's Creme Pie us the one...if it works

EDWARDS® Frozen Premium Pie
Old 08-21-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I can get the Edward's Hersey's Pie, but I can't get the Moose Track ice cream. Bummer!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey serenity1972,
Not to get to personal but does your husband have other people like his parents who drink a lot or have had problems like that? My husbands dad drinks a ton and has forever. I just wonder how much of his past is he re-living with me? Is this a comfortable feeling for him to have a drunk in the house? I am kinda starting to wonder why he has stuck with me and hasn't really talked to me about his concerns if there is any. Why did he enable me? I wouldn't go to the store for him if it was the other way around and I don't want to hang out with people drinking because it is obnoxious if I am not one of them. Just some thoughts.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Sheesh you all have made me hungry!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 3 - struggling a little.
It is my birthday today and I have not had a sober birthday probably since I was about 18!
My roommate gave me a 30 dollar gift card to Binny's (liquor store) and offered me some wine already. I said no, and feel bad about the gift, but I think I will use it to buy a gift for a bachelorette party in two weeks.

My plan was to go to AA tomorrow. I might try tonight - we will see. It is closer to my apartment than I expected! For now, I have an interview tomorrow so I am relaxing and preparing.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

I loved all my sober birthdays legs - I think you'll look back on this on as a turning point too.

Why not go tonight - what can it hurt?

Happy Birthday

D
Old 08-21-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey guys we have a no commercial links policy here.

I know noone is seriously trying to sell ice cream lol, but we do have a spam problem on a board this size and it's just easier to apply the rule across the board

so mention the name, include a pic even....but no links in future

thanks

D
Old 08-21-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Legs! You can have a sober Birthday and a Birthday to remember. Just think how great you will feel when you wake up tomorrow. You also have an interview which is another reason to stay sober. Best wishes and good luck.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm home relaxing with the kids. Sober. 5 days here I come!

Happy Birthday Legs!

I'm not sure how my bf will react the next time we are out and i turn down a drink. I expect a lot of pressure to do so. I have told him I have a problem with it But he doesn't believe me. so I'm just keeping my sobriety to myself much like I did my drinking. I figure its a good thing that my alcohol abuse did not get to the point of disturbing him. I have a chance to nip it in the butt before it destroys me/us. I think my plan at first will be "I'm quitting for fitness goals". Then he will get used to me not drinking with him. When I reach the fitness goal I'll have to switch to I'm maintaining my fitness goal. Ah Idk. We have such fun together when we are drunk, I hope it will work out.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

All the good relationships work when both parties are sober BBF

D
Old 08-21-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bluedot View Post
Hey serenity1972,
Not to get to personal but does your husband have other people like his parents who drink a lot or have had problems like that? My husbands dad drinks a ton and has forever. I just wonder how much of his past is he re-living with me? Is this a comfortable feeling for him to have a drunk in the house? I am kinda starting to wonder why he has stuck with me and hasn't really talked to me about his concerns if there is any. Why did he enable me? I wouldn't go to the store for him if it was the other way around and I don't want to hang out with people drinking because it is obnoxious if I am not one of them. Just some thoughts.
No actually he doesn't. They are all straight and narrow. My father was an alcoholic and so was his mother. I started drinking when I was 32 and the rest is history. I have been with my husband for 25 years. Most of that sober. I am 40. I think they enabled us because they love us? I can't speak for your husband but I can for mine. I think he thought he was doing me a favor and I don't think he wanted me behind the wheel. I certainly would not have driven there myself, but I would have walked. I wasn't an everyday drinker. I only drank on the weekends and nonstop. So I wasn't wasted every day of the week. But, I sure as crap made up for it in the weekends. I know that I wouldn't want to hang out with an obnoxious drunk either. I guess they just get used to it? It is definintly food for thought.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
TKS

I buckled today with cigarettes, and bought a packet. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, the main priority right now is to stay off the alcohol. Funnily, there were moments this morning when I was trying to come up with justifications on how it would be OK to get a bottle of wine, because I really want to spend the afternoon and evening making music, having a drink and a smoke.

But... today is not the day I give in to booze.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good job TKS!