we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 08-20-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

EternalQ, thanks so much for hanging out in the August class. You have no idea how inspirational you are. And congratulations on your new role as greeter!

And thank you too, Dee, for wise words of wisdom. You guys touch a lot of people.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its not just a cliche Kadi when I say it helps me more than anyone! For real.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words Kadi - just passing on what folks gave to me

D
Old 08-20-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TKS

On to part 3 already. Hope everyone has a great sober day/night

And a shout out to fifth, hope you're doing OK, mate. I've saved your seat in the August cruise ship, so you're welcome to jump back in at any time.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
w2r

day 2
so far so good
Old 08-20-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Signing in for day 13 - thankfully it's my lucky number and all's good x
Old 08-20-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 22. I'm having some pretty intense cravings today. I woke up and drank some coffee and after a few cups I really wanted to lounge in our hammock and drink beer. So I went to dinner with a friend and it was such a nice day I really considered buying a bottle of wine on the way home and sitting on the deck drinking tonight. We went to a restaurant that has a great beer menu, lots of delicious crafts and seasonals so I was also tempted during dinner. I have to say this is the toughest day I've had so far. I know I would feel like crap tomorrow, but the craving is so strong! It's like a persistent ache. I just have to keep busy for another 15 minutes, they stop selling alcohol at 1 a.m. here. Ugh.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

you'll be really glad you stayed true waking up tomorrow morning Linnie

D
Old 08-20-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hows everyone doing? Entering day 10 and feeling good! Cravings and shakes are pretty much all but gone and my 2pm power drinking hour, eh, I found better things to do with my day!

Hope everyone is doing fine and staying strong!

Rick
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know this, D. Thank you for the encouragement. This is just the longest 15 minutes of my life. I'm definitely not going to get booze. I'm going to stay on track. My AV is on fire though. It occurred to me that even after 1 a.m. I can still go to a bar until 2:30 and get booze to go. I mean really, what is that!? So frustrating. I just need to stay busy until after 2:30. I'll be a posting fool on the boards! lol!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hey guys , I'm finishing up day 4 and feelin sure . I went to an NA meeting last night and the topic was patience. Just about all there said they had little or no patience. One guy suggested to gain patience you need to practice patience. He suggested going to a grocery store and getting in the longest line as an example. It was brought up that a lot of people trying to get clean experience the " what now " syndrom , expecting some improvent in life after clean time but not actually having it happen , yet. I use SR as my primary support , I'm not pushing meetings but if your struggling face to face seems to help , it does me.

I hope everyone has a clean/sober Wednsday

Tr
Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Kys

Hey guys, I'm ready to get day 1 back.

I'll be home and in bed in a few hours from now, reading and dozing off.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing ok.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kys

Great post Trikyriky
Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're doing well Rick and Riky
welcome back Kys

post away Linnie

D
Old 08-20-2013, 10:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi w2!

Triky I told myself if it was the difference between relapse, and no relapse, I would go to meetings. I have still not gone to meetings because ive used other methods but the promise to myself is still there inside me. I did end up doing some reading of AA material though amongst reading many other things. I think the difficulty wifh patience is a good topic for us though, since with addiction, we want what we want, when we want it, and we think we should not tolerate any discomfort for long.

Linnie you must stand on your head if that's what it takes. When I got like that I would hide my keys and get in my pajamas and lock all the doors and do anything else I could think of that would make driving to get liquor less likely. And that always involved SR. Just remember it won't always be like this. If you don't give in the pressure keeps lessening. But if you give in, just imagine what you are teaching your addiction about how to manipulate you? You're giving your addiction a blueprint for how to make you relapse everytime you give into it.

Times like that would always remind me of how I knew every liquor store, their hours and their prices and employees and how I would rotate which one i used out of shame.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Kys, stay close by SR. Have you made a list of all the reasons big and small of why you want to quit? I did in the beginning and hung it around and carried it with me. Even if I could disregard most during cravings there was always one that would get my attention and be hard to argue with. Keep doing things to increase self awareness because eventually you become so aware of ways you try to resist sobriety that it makes it much harder to put the genie back in the bottle. You can spot your own tricks after awhile, ya know?
Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, EQ. You and D are so wonderful and supportive. I made it to a time when the stores don't sell and the bars are closing and too far away for me to make it there for roadies. I feel like a weight has lifted. Now that it's not an option I definitely feel that coil in my stomach unwinding. Whew! Here's to day 23!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 3. Have a great day. I'm going to try and find a meeting today or tomorrow, after some encouragement from Dee and some friends in September class I think it may help me to stop relapsing so often.