Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 3

Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Chef, if you are still considering DONT DO IT~! please.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me. Going ok, just really exhausted & my body aches a bit. On my lunch break right now & checking in here for some sober inspiration.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Just met with my gastroenterologist. My blood work showed normal liver function!!!! Time to party!!!! No alcohol of course. I told the dr I feel less stressed and more peaceful since I had stopped drinking. I laughed and said that didn't make sense, jokingly. He said from his experience people who get off (stop abusing ) narcotics, anxiety meds, alcohol tend to feel that way. Imagine that!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

CHEF - you out there pal? Come and talk to us please? x
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Just hearing about Syria on the news - kinda puts avoiding a glass of liquid, into perspective. Those poor people
Old 08-21-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hello I'm 4 days in! I want to be in the class of august 2013! My first weekend is coming up and I will probably be on here most of the time. I just found some playing cards I took from the game I was playing during my last drunkin' night. Feeling a little embarrassed and stupid. I'm trying not to spend to much energy on it. Ugh

A quick question, there is a combo kids/adult birthday party on Saturday with drinks-o-plenty. I am thinking of pretending i am sick or should I just grab a glass and fill it with something and pretend i am drinking along with everyone so no one calls me out. Sounds a little ridiculous i just don't want to deal with others right now. Staying home sounds like a way better solution. My husband can take the kids and i can have some free sober time alone (that also sounds scary) That didn't sound like a question just rambling but it's in there somewhere. Should I start to deal with social events or should I give myself a little time to figure it out before I am placed in situations that I consider a trigger for me?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

JumpOn2,

That is great news about your liver. I am sure you are relived. A say a celebration is in order with some cake and ice cream.

Bluedot,

You are more than welcome to join this class. I had my first weekend a couple of weeks ago and I am no going to lie it wasn't pretty or easy. I did manage to cope though by eating a ton of sweats and I kept myself busy as all get out. I also read a lot on this forum, but I didn't do much posting. I would have if I needed to though but just reading the forum helped me a lot. Stay close to SR. Do you have any other support besides SR?

I know for me there is no way I could go to a function with alcohol. I just couldn't do it. I get agitated with people drinking on TV much less live in person. But, you know your limits so you are the only one that can make that decision. Wishing you the best.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
(previously uksupport)

Originally Posted by ZoeM View Post
CHEF - you out there pal? Come and talk to us please? x
I'm back, not drank in the end.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Oh that's great !! I dunno though, I sign out to watch Corrie and you sneak back in lol
Old 08-21-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenity1972 View Post
JumpOn2,
Do you have any other support besides SR?
No, I don't but I was thinking about going to a meeting saturday morning. Right now it sounds exhausting and i feel like i would probably just break down crying the whole time. Maybe that is good but I don't want to I am already doing that enough as is.

I know what you mean about TV, People smoking and drinking like crazy. I will tackle smoking later but for now just the drink. I can't believe more people don't have a problem. I don't understand the just have one mentality, why bother? I know most of my social circles are not a "just have one" kinda group. It's probably why I we are friends. Hoping that is not the case as I go forward in my sobriety.

Thanks for your input, i will most likely be on this forum all weekend
Old 08-21-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Serenity! Yes, very relieved. Moose track ice cream it shall be. Maybe on a piece if Edward's Hershey's pie. Yum yum!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Bluedot,

A meeting would be great that you should help you out this weekend.

You know I can only handle so much at one time. I am just one of those people. I smoke as well and I am having the same thoughts as you are about it. I will address that issue at a later date.

My husband is one of those normal people. He can drink just one and leave the rest. I don't get it either, but I chalk it up to our brains being wired differently as I can't do just one. It is that first drink that gets me in trouble.

Stay strong.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JumpnOn2 View Post
Hi Serenity! Yes, very relieved. Moose track ice cream it shall be. Maybe on a piece if Edward's Hershey's pie. Yum yum!!!
Sounds so yummy and I am sure you are enjoying ever minute of it. I wish I were there with you eating the Moose Track ice cream and Edwards Hershey's pie to celebrate the good news. My need for sweets are off the charts right now. My mouth is watering.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Serenity1972
My husband also doesn't drink, i feel like i am pretty lucky to have a partner that isn't like me.... especially now. Even though I used to find it dull and odd that he didn't want to hang out for a couple of drinks. I didn't really complain that much as I had a designated driver to most events. That sounds ******
Old 08-21-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi guys day 10 and I am completely exhausted I'm only waiting to go to bed. I have 13 hour day tomorrow and friday. Any suggestions on shaking this tiredness ? It's great that everyone is doing ok.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bluedot View Post
Serenity1972
My husband also doesn't drink, i feel like i am pretty lucky to have a partner that isn't like me.... especially now. Even though I used to find it dull and odd that he didn't want to hang out for a couple of drinks. I didn't really complain that much as I had a designated driver to most events. That sounds ******
We both are very lucky to have partners that don't really drink. When I told him that I was throwing in the towel and that I needed him to not bring any booze in the house. He agreed with no hesitation. He is the type that brings home a 12 pack and drinks just one. I know for me that this road to recovery would be a lot harder if I had to deal with someone drinking in front of me even if it is just one. It is a catch 22 isn't it?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I haven't told my husband yet because it would be the first time thatI said I was done, I'm nervous he will just make some joke. I get it, but maybe if he notices the lack of empty bottles in the garbage he will ask, then we can talk about it sans jokes. I guess right now i am not telling anyone. Maybe I don't want the accountability. That probably isn't all good.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I understand not wanting the accountability trust me and that lead me 8 solid years of drinking. But, that is the reason I came here to SR and started posting as I realized that I needed to be accountable as I wasn't getting it at home. My husband didn't care that I drank all weekend long and he was shocked when I told him I was an alcoholic. He told me "You are not an alcoholic....alcoholics drink every day." Well he got that all wrong, but he is beginning to understand me a little better. Maybe give your husband a chance it may help you in the long run. You came here and told us and you should be darn proud of that...baby steps.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

When i said to My husband (drinking buddy)that I was burnt out from drinking he told me he heard it all before and that the conversation was wearing thin but he never expected me to go a full weekend or 10 days for that matter without a glass of wine. He isn't saying anything at the moment only watching but the bin man is definitely going to notice that there is nothing in the glass bin! I am out to prove to myself first and then my husband that I'm serious. I am absolutely wrecked from alcohol, it just poisons my system best of luck with your husbands
Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi Mayhan,

Congrats on day 10. That is awesome. I don't have any suggestions on how to shake the tiredness. I just have been dealing with it, but in a positive way. I figure I put so much time into drinking that why not focus my time on keeping my butt busy. Being busy keeps me in check as I doesn't give my mind time to wander as it gets me in trouble.

Take it easy and try to get some rest for your big 13 hour day tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.