Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 3

Old 08-21-2013, 12:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey people,

Start of Day 11. Feeling good. No further insights from me today!

Keep going everyone.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Kys

Thanks EQ, and I keep a list with me in my phone Maybe I should leave it up on the fridge or something like that also, think I might do that actually.

Well, back at day 1, finally. Feels good and I'm heading to bed in a few hours. Looking forward to solid sleep
Old 08-21-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
(previously uksupport)

I'm losing count now, i think i'm on day 12. Is it good i'm losing track? i dont know.

This morning i've just been to the referal meeting that my GP set me up with last week. There was a good range of about 10 of us in there, the last 2 that turned up were properly drunk not just a few drinks down, which was an eye opener to me. This was 10 am. I'm not sure if i'm going to carry on with the meetings after the initial 1 to 1, i'm not sure its really for me.

I'm more of an online person so you guys for me group support.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi folks, I'm still cool in my second week. A really fine idea to have you alongside on the forum here- hope to get to know you more in the future too. Sean
Old 08-21-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning, Day 5. Sober 10/12 days.

I kind of feel like crap! physically. I went for a run (more like a hobble) last night and I felt all jiggly in places I don't want to jiggle. I also feel kind of bloated and have a headache. Trouble falling asleep, so I bought some sleepytime tea which didn't help a ton. It made me drowsy but, the minute I started to slip off of I jolted myself back awake.

I went without smoking yesterday. I'd like to quit that nasty habit too.

My plan is to get through the day at work, spend some QT with the kiddos, and run before bed. I have a second interview for that job on Monday. I really hope I get it. There is very little that I enjoy about my current job and I spend way too much time here. I work on the weekends to so I don't get to spend as much time as I'd like to with my loved ones. Its boring and dirty and I am absolutely miserable here.

Have a good day all. Stay sober.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

BBlackbirdflyy - Do you think maybe you're still a little dehydrated? Also, giving up smoking so soon, is a lot to ask of yourself. I also hate smoking, but will give that up later down the line.
Just a thought
Old 08-21-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
(previously uksupport)

I feel like a bender.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Chef - don't you dare! I like having you a day behind me
You don't want to go through the Sweats, Shakes and Sh**s again, do ya x
Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

thank you!

Thanks for asking me to be a part of this group!

Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome merchantsun x
Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I know zoe. But im so sick Of it. If it boils down to a drink or a cig ill take the cig.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

1 week sober today for me.

bblackbird - I can't imagine how hard quitting two things at once would be! I'm having a tough time with just the one! Im still trying to cut down on the cigs, but for my own sanity am still having a puff or two of my e-cig. Whatever works for you

I hope you didn't act on that bender urge Chef! Trust me I get those thoughts about 5 times a day and they're bloody hard to fight off, but you can get through it

Don't take that first sip! When I do it only ever leads to one thing - destruction
Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
w2r

Day 3

This website is providing motivation to hit day 3!
Not bad after decades of daily wine.
Even better.... I've avoided saying anything to my bottle and a half a day wife, and she hasn't said a thing either.

But... She didn't drink until 10pm last night until she caved, but only had a half bottle of wine! We'll see how this works out.

Thanks again
Old 08-21-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hello Class,

I am just catching up on the current post that I missed.

Linnie: Congrats on Day 23. Way to go! Being surrounded by alcohol can be tough. I avoid those situations like the plague as I know that my AV and I will go to battle until the liquor store closes and I hate battling with my AV. I even struggling watching people drink on TV. I am way to early in my sobriety to subject myself to that kind of torture. You should be proud that you locked your AV up for the night.

PhxRick: Day 10 that is awesome. I am happy that you are occupying your time with better things than drinking at 2 pm. Just focus on that and continue what you are doing.

TrikyRiky: Day 4 - keep it up.

Kys: Get your day 1 back. You can do this!

Jimuk: Good for you for looking for additional support to conquer the hell of alcoholism.

Newatthis: Day 11, you rock!

ChekUK: I am not counting days. I am more like counting weeks as it just seems logical to me since I was a weekend binge drinker.

Sean: 2 weeks. Isn't is amazing?

Blackbird: Your plan for the evening sounds solid. Good luck on your interview.

Welcome Mechantsum. This class is awesome with a lot of caring people and support. I hope you stick around.

-----------------------

I am feeling great on this wonderful Wednesday morning. The more sobriety I get under my belt, the better I feel. I am just wish I would have gotten sober a long time ago. I have wasted too many precious days. I am just glad that I found this site and this class. It has kept me on the beating path of sobriety for longer that I could have imagined.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

First time I've hit day 4 since I relapsed after I went through detox and fell off the wagon at 6 weeks sober. Not sleeping has been the most difficult, but I took a nyquil gelcap last night and that helped. Thursday is my biggest drinking temptation, as my SO works that day and I don't. He's off tomorrow, though, so maybe he'll be the encouragement I need. I have the rest of the weekend off and he's going to be out of town, so hopefully I can still stay sober when he's gone.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Scintillady,

I am glad you got some sleep. Sleep in the beginning is almost nonexistent. You can stay sober when your SO is working and out of town. Call a sober friend, go to a meeting, post on SR, read a book, watch a movie, take a walk, fill your day with lots of stuff to do to avoid any thoughts about drinking. You can do it.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Checking in for Day 2

Feeling out of it, tired, and sweaty but at least I have plenty of lemon water to get me through! Can keep food down as well, so that's good.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Lemon water sounds lovely and refreshing.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'd be lost without it! Haha
Old 08-21-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm drinking lemon water right now!