Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 4

Old 08-11-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dragon 12. I feel the same. I've really turned a corner. I think the further away from my last drink the better I feel. Lets hope it continues :0)
Old 08-11-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dragon and sicknote..I kind of feel the same way. Even though I don't think I have truly accepted forever , I am happy to be not drinking for a long, long time. I also noticed a change in myself today and yesterday- my outlook seems brighter, I feel more positive and just natural about everything. Maybe kind of like myself again. I vaguely remember feeling like this around this time (24 days) last fall too when I had 2 months. It's amazing because at say day 13 or 14, I felt great and didn't really think I could feel any different or better, besides the cravings going away. But things really do change. And I am so looking forward to what's ahead!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a little different this time around too. Even when AV tries to encourage me, the thought of going back to my old, sneaky drinking ways makes me cringe. This was the first weekend in awhile that I didn't feel like it was a struggle. Just felt happy, calm and relaxed. I know I can't think about "forever", but for now (this moment )I am actually "ok" with being an alcoholic who cannot drink like a normal person. It no longer feels like a death sentence. There could be far worse things in life to have to deal with. I'm sure there will be days where I will be back to having a pity party, but for now I am going to be grateful that I caught this thing before it ruined my life.

Off to bed now. Night all!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by sicknote View Post
Day 18 for me, longest I've gone in probably 5+ years for sure.
This is good news , way to go

Day 9 was way better than day 8 . Sundays usually are since I don't drink and my connect takes Sunday's off . I wouldn't be calling anyway.

Listen up guys n gals.....lol

We together seem to be rollin right along. A new week is coming

Be on guard

Tr
Old 08-11-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone!

Posting from my hotel on my last evening in the big smoke. I had the most brilliant time at my TV show's fan week-end. Met lots of great people, just came from a lovely dinner, wine served and I didn't even miss it! Lots of fun events, laughter, the whole experience really exceeded my expectations!

Nice to catch up with everyone, we all seem to be holding our own, let's keep it going!
Night all!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Approaching the end of day 22 here. Went to a street fair yesterday and I think that was the toughest challenge to date. Weather was gorgeous, and on the hot side, and it seemed like everyone - well, every adult - was walking around with a beer. Boy did I want one too! I really, really wanted one. But had bottled water instead. And yummy peach gelato.

Went out to dinner after, fun little seafood place, ordered root beer with dinner. Was an easier environment than the street fair.

Today went to a family bbq at my boyfriend's brothers house. Boyfriend's brother and sister drank beer, but everyone else drank soda or water. Really wanted a beer again - outside, great weather, social setting - my perfect drinking scene. But half way through the afternoon we were all laughing so hard and having such a great time I didn't miss it. I honestly can't remember laughing so much without alcohol in the mix. Nice to discover it's possible!

Felt good about not caving in to temptation this weekend but I'm really disturbed by how strong the urge was at this three week point. I try to keep reminding myself of how I felt physically, mentally, and emotionally when I drank. I also keep reminding myself of all my friends who died from alcohol related causes. Telling myself that alcohol is poison, and I don't poison myself. And I want to be a good influence on my boyfriend, who is also newly sober. Even though I know each of us is responsible for our own sobriety, I still don't want to give him any reason to drink again!

Time to get some sleep. Can't believe how quickly the weekend went and that it's back to work again so soon!

Keep up the great work Class of July!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Im so proud of each and every one of you. Everyone has really been on top of their game! Day 13 ending and im in bed sleepy. My big little 29 pound bundle of joy is sleeping soundly and we have a fun week planned ahead. School starts next Monday and im ready to dig in and get all A's. All things are possible through sobriety and I pray I keep it up n u guys do too!

Night all..
Old 08-11-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Morning all! Thanks so much for your support...the evening went fine and I didn't even feel tempted - once I'd got past the danger zone of 3-5pm the cravings disappeared!

Got a day off work today, going to see shows with family who are visiting and am grateful to be feeling fine and no hangover!

Well done everyone - doing so well. Here's to another good week (toasts with coffee).
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
All things are possible through sobriety
Congrats on day 13

I woke up with the same thoughts

Sober/clean , Sky's the limit

Tr
Old 08-12-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 24 complete. It was a good one. Had probably the best day at work I've had since I started there. Came home to a nice home-cooked dinner, watched the season premiere of "Breaking Bad," played a lot of video games. Had a weird night's sleep where instead of dreaming of drinking like a normal alcoholic would, I dreamt I went to an AA meeting. Strange.

Day 25 starts now. I'm off work. No specific plans.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Great to see so many people not only surviving social functions sober but actually enjoying them too! My AV had me convinced that it wasn't possible...it's really nice to be wrong sometimes
Old 08-12-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day 17 and still plugging along.
I had a sleepless night so I'm not really with it.
Long story short my dog ate something that could have been bad for her.
I was so worried that I kept checking on her all night.She's fine but we both got very little sleep.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Today is the start of day 14 for me. The mornings are becoming more enjoyable as the days go by. I'm loving the new me.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in on Day 11. Nothing too exciting to report. AV showed up for a little this morning and tried to tempt me, but it didn't put up too much of a fight. Felt good to say "NO, GO AWAY!" and have it listen, for once

Hope everyone is having a great Monday. We are all doing SO WELL, keep it up everyone
Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Day 17 and still plugging along.
I had a sleepless night so I'm not really with it.
Long story short my dog ate something that could have been bad for her.
I was so worried that I kept checking on her all night.She's fine but we both got very little sleep.
I would have done the same thing with my cats!

Glad to hear she is fine!

NCG
Old 08-12-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Felt good to say "NO, GO AWAY!" and have it listen, for once
I'm one day behind you , day 10 . The idea is to get to where it is not present at all. I'd be satisfied to just put some duct tape on it for immediate relief. It's like an alarm clock that won't shut off, always bothersome

Tr
Old 08-12-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Great job, everyone!

Bob, glad your dog is okay, I have been there many times.

Day 23 here, feeling depressed but this too shall pass.

Hope everyone has a great, sober week.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 31 spent the weekend baking... Under pants getting tight..
Old 08-12-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yoohoo View Post
Day 31 spent the weekend baking... Under pants getting tight..

ONE WHOLE MONTH...........FANTASTIC!!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Love to read all of your posts every morning. We are all doing so well.

Is it my imagination or is this group getting smaller??? I hope not.

Have a happy, sober day.