Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 4

Old 08-12-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yoohoo View Post
Day 31 spent the weekend baking... Under pants getting tight..
31 days! Whoo hoo, yoohoo!!! (sorry, couldn't resist rhyming!)
Old 08-12-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations yoohoo

D
Old 08-12-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Norcaligal

I honestly can't remember laughing so much without alcohol in the mix. Nice to discover it's possible!
That's how I was thinking this week-end! It was great!

Day 41 today, this is when I caved last time, but I'm feeling much better this time, and more hopeful about the future.
Tired and a bit lonely coming home after my week-end, but content that I had a good time!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

The group does seem smaller right now, Dragon. But for those of us that are here, we are doing fantastic! Just reading how well everyone is doing is keeping me motivated...I wouldn't want to spoil the momentum

Concerning not drinking in social situations, that is one hurdle I have not had to cross yet. Quite honestly, for the most part I don't think it would be a problem for me where I live now. The friends that I have here are not drinking friends. Since I moved here 10 years ago, I started drinking alone more and more to the point now where I almost prefer it that way. However, going back to my homestate with my old friends and the old bars is a totally different story. I was there for 2 weeks this summer and drank every single day. Thankfully, I have no plans for another visit anytime soon. Hopefully by the time I do go again, I have lots of sober time and strength.

Today was stressful at work. I ate too much for dinner and I'm totally exhausted. Had my usual cravings but put my pajamas right on so I wouldn't even be tempted to go back out!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

@ yoohoo lol and congrats
@LULU hope u feel better
@Outdoorsman im right on par with u at day 14 n u sound great

Middle of day 14. Got up and went with my son to my 2nd group treatment today. I learned more about the horrible effects of meth and felt resolute in remaining sober. I think back to when I very first got sober here in october of 2009. That wouldve been 4 years almost. I think of all the damage ive done to myself n time wasted being suspended by my addiction. I could have accomplished more and couldve accomplished way less of the bad stuff. What im saying is im not going to look back in 4 years and wish I wouldve stayed quit. This is it.. this is the time and im feeling fine lol. Had to end corny
Old 08-12-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Today is the start of day 14 for me. The mornings are becoming more enjoyable as the days go by. I'm loving the new me.
Hello friend , congrats on your sober time

14 days , whooo ! hooo !

Welcome to the class

Tr
Old 08-12-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
this is the time and im feeling fine lol.
Rhyming - it's catching!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 17 drawing to a close.
Time to make a nice relaxing tea with chamomile.

Glad everyone is doing good.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Day 17 drawing to a close. Glad everyone is doing good
Hey Bob

Congratulations , truly

Day 10 here. I had some serious cravings after work today but fought them off sharing a large pizza with my mom. Safely reading threads and ready for bed . It feels good to turn away that addict voice another day

Tr
Old 08-12-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post
Great job, everyone!

Bob, glad your dog is okay, I have been there many times.

Day 23 here, feeling depressed but this too shall pass.

Hope everyone has a great, sober week.
Wow here we are @ day 23. Pinch me please.

I'm not going to lie & say things have been good, it has been a challenge without a doubt.

My biggest problem at this point is no energy what so ever without some sort of caffeine. I really don't want to become dependent on it & trying to limit myself.

Enough of my problems. Congrats on 23 & to everyone trying to beat this thing.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TnRobert View Post
Wow here we are @ day 23. Pinch me please.

I'm not going to lie & say things have been good, it has been a challenge without a doubt.

My biggest problem at this point is no energy what so ever without some sort of caffeine. I really don't want to become dependent on it & trying to limit myself.

Enough of my problems. Congrats on 23 & to everyone trying to beat this thing.
Hi there TnRobert, we started this journey together and here we are at day 23, proud of us both. No one said it would be easy but it is so worth it. I don't have any energy either but could be because I still can't sleep, LOL. I am living on Diet Coke which is probably not a good thing.

Hang tough everyone!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
TAQ

I'm just behind you @ 22 days. :-)
Old 08-12-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Way to go, TAQ!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi July Friends:

Just wanted to check-in after a few days of radio-silence. My Dad has been visiting from overseas so I've been busy playing tour guide;-)

Happy to say that today is Day 30

So glad I've been able to make it stick this time around. I don't feel any real urges or desire - not drinking feels more and more natural now. There have been a few evenings where a beer would have been nice, especially with family in town. I grab an alcohol-free beer from time-to-time - the German varieties are quite good, actually. Other than that, just feeling hydrated and clear-headed all of the time is truly a great feeling. Why I didn't recognize this sooner and cut out the drinking years ago still baffles and frustrates me. All of the signs were there for years, but I failed to admit it, tried to moderate, and be 'normal' like most other people. Oh well, now sense dwelling on the past so much - what's done is done, no changing that. What I hope changes is how people view me and how I view myself - the latter is already improving. I want people to see me at parties and meetings and say 'wow, that guy really got his sh$t together!'. Hope that wish becomes a reality.

Great to hear about all of the sober time racking up on this thread!! Everyone should be proud of their progress so far. Let's keep it up!!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:28 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats SM

D
Old 08-13-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

43 days and in a good place

Hi friends! I haven't been online for awhile but wanted everyone to know that I am still sober and it's gotten much easier (hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that).

I am trying to exercise everyday and to eat healthier. I have to go to work next week (I had the summer off which was wonderful and very helpful towards my recovery), so I'm hoping that doesn't start any triggers for me.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 25 complete. I was off work. I did nothing at all. Played a whole lot of an old Zelda game. Didn't leave the house once.

Day 26 starts now. Working a split shift today, lunch and dinner, my first dinner shift since starting my new job. No other plans.

Congrats to everyone who made it thru the weekend sober!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days SM!!

Riky: great job on Day 10 and kicking that AV to the curb. Just keep throwing days at it

TnRobert & LuLu: 23 days is awesome!

TAQ: way to go on 22 days!

Day 12 for me. It is pouring rain here today. So bad that the local news has interrupted normal programming to go on and on about it. In the past, this would have been the perfect excuse to stay in and drink. Wouldn't feel guilty for not taking my daughter out playing, or to the pool, etc., but now that just seems like an awful way to spend a rainy day. Instead, maybe we will watch movies, play games and bake cookies So, take that AV, don't even think about tempting me today!

I realized, especially in these early days, that I need to keep myself away from old triggers. The last time I slipped was during a day my in-laws were here (trigger), but I invited them over because I wanted to get "stuff done". Or maybe deep down (AV playing tricks on me) I knew I wanted to drink? The time I slipped on Day 48, back in June, was when I went for my hair appt. My appt was on a Saturday, late afternoon, with no 3 yr old. This place serves beer, wine, margaritas, etc while you get your hair done. There is also a great little outdoor cafe right next door to my hair salon, and it was a beautiful day, so 3 triggers right there! Anyway, my point for this ramble is that I have another hair appt this Sat and I think I am going to reschedule it. Supposed to be another beautiful Saturday and I just don't trust myself (or my AV). I also don't think I will be inviting my in-laws over anytime soon I think the key to beating our AV in early sobriety is to be proactive and aware of upcoming triggers. In the past, I would just "hope" I could be strong enough, but why even put myself in that situation?

Sorry for rambling, but just had those thoughts this morning and thought I would share. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Secretary: WOW, 43 days is huge!

Casey: great job on 25 days. So many people getting close to 1 month!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

On day 24 here...I've posted a few times about how I am less than thrilled with my job. Just a few moments ago I received my performance review. My boss rated me "excellent"! Nice! He said I really stepped up my game this past year. I actually felt like my attitude and frustration was really showing, and that I've been giving less than 100%, so I'm really surprised!!

Anyway, carry on my sober buddies!