Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 4

Old 08-13-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Well done everyone.....WOW the days are creeping up!
Day 21 for me.....yes 3 WEEKS! Thanks for all your support.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Secretary- Thank you for checking in with us, 43 days is amazing….good for you! I stopped drinking during my summer off as well and was concerned that going back to work would be a trigger. But so far so good!

Ladybug- I think that postponing the hair appt might be a good idea. If that situation and weather is such a trigger for you, don’t even put yourself in it right now. Maybe pamper yourself in some other way that doesn’t tempt you to drink so that you don’t feel deprived though.

Caligal- Congrats on the great job review! I am a firm believer in karma (most of the time) - you are being rewarded for your hard work and staying sober.

And great job to everyone else for keeping those days adding up. I don’t post from work, but I do check SR on my phone from work towards the end of the day when my mind starts drifting towards drinking. Reading all of your posts really helps. And I have to admit just reading about slips and relapses or those struggling in the early days on other boards pushes the AV away really well too. NOT that I am in any way enjoying someone else’s demise, we have all been there, and it is just a reminder of how much I don’t want to go back.

Every day it just seems to be the same old pattern. The idea of having drink when I get home from work is just so rewarding and automatic. It begins about an hour before I am ready to go home. I don’t really decide to drink anymore at that point, but I do consider it for a little while. Then when I commit that I won’t, I feel grumpy for a couple of hours- it’s not fair, why am I denying myself? can’t I just have a glass of wine ? But it passes before I know it.

Looking forward to another restful, sober night’s sleep and another natural, positive feeling morning, ready for the day. That just NEVER gets old!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 18 almost over.

I have over two cord of wood sitting in my driveway.
So, I have something now to keep my mind off the bad habit while stacking this wood.
It's all good. Exercise and wood for a nice warm fire in the stove those cold winter nights.

Glad everyone in my class is still plugging along.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post

Every day it just seems to be the same old pattern. The idea of having drink when I get home from work is just so rewarding and automatic. It begins about an hour before I am ready to go home. I don’t really decide to drink anymore at that point, but I do consider it for a little while. Then when I commit that I won’t, I feel grumpy for a couple of hours- it’s not fair, why am I denying myself? can’t I just have a glass of wine ? But it passes before I know it.
Thanks, FABL, think you just answered my question about why I become so cranky and irritable around 4pm every day! I've really started noticing it over the last week. I can be having a great day and feeling really good then BAM! 4pm hits and I turn into a different person for an hour or two (usually two). I used to start drinking around this time so I guess, even on days I am not craving it, my body is still getting used to the change in routine? Maybe deep down I am ticked and annoyed that I can't enjoy a glass of wine (or 5 ) while making dinner? Ah well, at least I can actually enjoy dinner now and remember conversations my husband and I have. Hopefully, this cranky hour/hours will pass soon. I feel like Jekyll and Hyde
Old 08-13-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 15 is just about over and I'm typing from bed. I had meet someone at a bar today for business and I turned down a beer. I was perfectly fine drinking Canada Dry. Can't wait till tomorrow and day 16!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Congrats norcalgirl!

Great job everyone. I joined the group a late in the month so I cant tell its gotten smaller but I guess thatll happen in any recovery group.

Day 15 coming to a hault. Took baby to aquarium, was a little overwhelming for the both of us just with it being so crowded. I noticed how angry I can get with the general public. I really hope thats something I can address through my group treatment or recovery in general. I have another group tomorrow morning and friday morning. I also feel low in energy n even felt a lil depressed today. I guess its just about feeling my feelings without anything to dull or mask them. Im still happy im on my sober path and nothings more important. Tomorrows a new day and another chance to energize myself and do something positive. Night all!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hello! I'd love to join in on this thread. My date of sobriety is July 21, 2013. It's after midnight here, so on to day 25.

I've had some cravings in the past 25 days, but had one yesterday that was more intense. Had a difficult situation come up and my thoughts immediately went to a drink (or 6,8...) to "numb it" but I journaled, meditated, prayed and I'm also using the 13 Women for Sobriety Statements. I want to live life, not numb the pain. I don't want to drink when I'm happy either. Any excuse would do in the past. I want to handle life, live life being fully present. It feels great to know I CAN do this, I can handle life, even with all the difficulties, and do so while staying sober. I want this time to be different. It feels different, like the commitment is truly there. Pushing thru the hard times and learning to live life! I want to grow emotionally and spiritually.

My sleep is still messed up. Slept earlier this evening for several hours and now it's almost 3 am here and I'm wide awake. I guess for now I'll just sleep when my body tells me to. I guess I'll eventually get back on a sleep schedule.

Looking forward to walking this path with you all!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome, FelineLady. I have three cats. Your sobriety date is the same as mine. Good job getting through the tough day yesterday. My sleep is all messed up as well, I did the same as you tonight, slept for a few hours and am now wide awake. It is 1:54 AM here. Please keep posting we are happy to have you!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thank you, Lulu!
I also have 3 cats and would have more if I could afford them and had more room. Luckily my boyfriend is a cat lover too.

Sorry you're having sleep issues too. I'm sure it'll eventually straighten out for us.

I use to pass out and wake up in the middle of the night with panic and anxiety (along with the pounding head, nausea and rapid heart rate). Even though sleep is messed up right now, doesn't it feel great to wake up sober!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome FelineLady

D
Old 08-14-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FelineLady View Post
Thank you, Lulu!
I also have 3 cats and would have more if I could afford them and had more room. Luckily my boyfriend is a cat lover too.

Sorry you're having sleep issues too. I'm sure it'll eventually straighten out for us.

I use to pass out and wake up in the middle of the night with panic and anxiety (along with the pounding head, nausea and rapid heart rate). Even though sleep is messed up right now, doesn't it feel great to wake up sober!
I am almost embarrassed to admit that at one point I had 6 cats and 3 dogs, sadly have lost a dog and three cats in the last 2 years. I am letting the herd thin because they are expensive.

I did the same thing when I was drunk. I lost my job two years ago, not due to drinking, and became an all day drinker. I would drink, pass out, wake up, repeat. And, yes, it is nice to wake up sober and not nauseous. I think I need to force myself to do more physical things during the day to just exhaust myself but I am so tired it is hard to get motivated. When I try and sleep my mind just will not shut off. I know it will get better, not complaining.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:41 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I need some motivation too, LuLu. I want to start walking but I don't have the energy, even though walking would help. Arrgh, I'll be glad when all this passes. And I need to do more housework, it's piling up and when I think of catching it up it feels overwhelming. I don't work (disability) so it makes it easy in one way to get thru this but it another it makes it too easy to be what I feel like is being lazy. I know it's not laziness, I'm healing, but it just feels that way. I feel like I should be doing more, I do try, but end up right back on the couch.

I'm sorry about the loss of your dog and kitties. I lost a 16 year old kitty last month, it's hard.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Originally Posted by dragon12 View Post
Well done everyone.....WOW the days are creeping up!
Day 21 for me.....yes 3 WEEKS! Thanks for all your support.
Whoo! Hoo! 3 weeks way to go my friend

Day12 starting so good

After a rocky day yesterday i spent the evening with my grandchildren and wound up sleeping over their house. Waking up to them this morning is wonderful

Welcome FelineLady

Good day " July Maties "

Tr
Old 08-14-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Welcome FelineLady!

July 21 is my sobriety date too. And I have two cats. Spencer, my 17 year old momma's boy and Patches, an 8 year old polydactyl (she has 7 toes on each foot) with attitude.

This is a great group! I think you'll like it here.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 26 complete. I worked a split shift yesterday so was away from the house all day. Everything went fine. I'm feeling pretty pooped right now. Slept good last night but just feel like I could use another 15 or 16 hours sleep. Hopefully hopping in the shower in a minute will wake me up.

Day 27 starts now. Should be a repeat of yesterday with the same work schedule.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi Felinelady

Welcome to this group!

I'm still struggling with intermittent bouts of extreme fatigue at 43 days. You're right, we're healing, so try not to be hard on yourself, at least that's my attitude. When I do have better energy, I catch up with things.

Feeling a bit down, lonely, had a great weekend, so I suppose I'm missing being with people.
I too, read the WFS statements every day, it helps to curb the negative voice inside my head. Do you go to meetings? Wish there was one nearer to where I live.

We all seem to be holding our own, which is great!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi Tr, what a wonderful way to spend your evening and morning! Hope you have a good rest of the day.
Congrats on 12 days!

Hi NCG, my 16 year old that passed last month was polydactyl. She was the boss of the kitty house. I miss her everyday. How nice to have others to celebrate the same sobriety date with. So far I think you, LuLu and I have the same date.

Hi Casey, that's how I'm feeling...no matter how much I sleep I always feel like I need more. And the hours I sleep are varying. Sometimes I sleep at night and sometimes during the evening. Congrats on 27 days! Hope you have a good day at work.

Hi Leshar, I think? lol I may have the energy to clean on the kitchen today. I plan to do what I can, even if I have to do it between naps. Sorry you're feeling lonely. Do you have plans for this weekend?
No, there are no F2F WFS meetings around here. I wish there were.
Congrats on 43 days!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 31 done! Just wanted to check-in for a quick post. My Dad leaves us in the morning after 10 days at our house, visiting from North America. I watched him drink my favorite beers in front of me, every day and every evening that he was here. Once I cleared the air about my new 'healthy alcohol-free living', I was no longer bothered by it. I just don't drink anymore and that's all there is to it. After you get through that initial awkwardness, nobody really cares that you're not drinking. We went out for dinner tonight, my wife had red wine, my dad had beer, and I barely noticed. The thought of drinking anything myself kind of makes me feel ill. Definitely have no desire to drink or feel the effects of booze. Glad this point in my recovery has finally come.

Good night all and keep it up.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hope all are well! Keep going class of July =]