Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 18

Old 07-23-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

i've got such a bad head today. paracetamols ain't helping and i'm starting to think that it's my body begging for a glass of wine. Day 5. Hard work x
Old 07-23-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey Undies
Had one of those "downers" last evening. Just couldn't work out of that sort of blah, flat mood. Took a little nap, and ate then hit the "sack" early. Feeling better today, always grateful to be sober.
Have a good Tuesday friends,
Bloss
Old 07-23-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hey bloss. Good to see that you didn't turn to drink. I think i'm gonna have an early night tonight. Feeling unbelievably lethargic and groggy! Hopefully i will feel more refreshed in the morning after a good nights sleep x
Old 07-23-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Sleep well messy, the wine is not our friend!

Old 07-23-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Originally Posted by messyliver View Post
i've got such a bad head today. paracetamols ain't helping and i'm starting to think that it's my body begging for a glass of wine. Day 5. Hard work x
messy ~ after 3 days all the alcohol is out of your body.. Its no longer your body craving that "old friend" its the gray matter between your ears...

Recovery is about your thinking... Your in the right place, I hope you think about what you can do today to build your foundation..

I am off to get my ears lowered, so I shall write my post after my home group meeting tonight..

Good love, Happy..
Old 07-23-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

S&S I don't know what I would have done without my Mad March pals in the early days! A lot of them have gone in different directions now, though I do stay in touch with some who have left SR. I chose not to go down the AA path, so basically I relied on SR for my early sobriety, especially through a few personal issues so I am categorical proof that a forum can definitely keep you sober! We are currently all on a virtual cruise, first port of call Tonga!

Ml, I frequently went 2/3 days a week without alcohol, before it took more control over me, but if I went even a day or two longer I often got raging headaches for a couple of days. It goes, and is still better than a hangover! Be strong, you are doing well so far!

Sounds like down-in-the-dump-itis is doing the rounds, I hope everyone finds their way out of it and get their equilibrium back soon.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

down-in-the-dump-itis lol! i like it. it does sound like most of us are struggling at the moment. hopefully it will all pass in a few days or so x
Old 07-23-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I sure hope so! I either have natural immunity or will come down with a double dose when you are all blissed up again! Seriously, I do hope everyone feels happier soon.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Well, I actually had a productive day at work for once.

I feel good about that as I've been procrastinating too much with work for too long now. Hopefully this is a sign I'm breaking out of that. I'd really like to get caught up sometime...

Time to enjoy the evening. It's nice knowing I got some stuff done. Now I can feel good about that
Old 07-23-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hey mucca's how the devil are you all....It's bang on midnight here so it's day 230 for me...Stuck on another 14 hour shift and I'm already tired lol...Just another 2 more shifts after tonight and I get Friday night off...Think I'll spend it sleeping seeing as the wife and kids are away...

I'm looking forward to Thursday lunchtime as that's when I'll be getting my new tattoo,I'm a bit of a tattoo freak as I have 15 already and I ain't finished yet lol...

Didn't do much today when I got back off night shift,I slept for 4 hours,walked the dog,went and picked up my wages and then prepared all my food for work,next thing I knew it was time for work...

Tomorrow when I get home I can sleep for maybe 5 hours because I don't have anything to do apart from walk the dog before I come back to work so I will probably go and join that gym tomorrow...

Not really got much else to report but I hope you are all keeping well and still fighting the fight....

Catch you all later....Steve.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hi My Undies

It's very late and I've been to bed and got up again just to do a quick post. I've not had chance to post because as most of you know, we've had the Internet Access revoked at work and I don't get much spare time at home. Just want to thank you all for your kind words, they mean more than you know and to let you know that I'm okay-ish, I'm still here, still sober and will be staying that way. I'll catch up with you all in the next couple of days.

Special thanks to Toots, Steve, Tanja, Bloss. Love you all.

Gxxxx
Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hello, May I come by just to say hello ? I stopped drinking on Dec 31 2012. I've been posting on the January club but refrained from speaking too much about AVs as that group seem to be more into very positive thinking and I don,t want to bring anyone down. However, lately, I'm feeling alone and having lots of cravings. Reading about Steve here made me feel like I could open up.

Yesterday, I was so sad and depressed, I thought the only thing that could console me would be to get drunk. I very very nearly went out to buy a bottle of white wine. What can we do now to get into a state of blissful oblivion? I guess sleep now is my only escape. thank you for reading me.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

of course you can dorothy Welcome

That "how are you doing?" question seems like a complicated one right now. Compared to some of the things i've experienced... not bad. Compared to how I felt two months ago, awful. I'm hanging in there. It's kind of funny cuz I'm pretty much sick of being positive. I think I might go let off steam at a gym... not that I need to spend anymore money. But I can't seem to bring myself to stay focused at home. And bf's kinda irritating me anyway. I think I'm going to leave a negative rant on my blog. I hate doing that in our group. :/ But I think I need to right now.

Hope everyone's well. 5 days I need to hang in for... *sigh* I really want to go party right now :/
Old 07-23-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Hi My Undies

It's very late and I've been to bed and got up again just to do a quick post. I've not had chance to post because as most of you know, we've had the Internet Access revoked at work and I don't get much spare time at home. Just want to thank you all for your kind words, they mean more than you know and to let you know that I'm okay-ish, I'm still here, still sober and will be staying that way. I'll catch up with you all in the next couple of days.

Special thanks to Toots, Steve, Tanja, Bloss. Love you all.

Gxxxx
Be well Grace, I'm sending a few prayers your way.
Matthew
Old 07-23-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Well, I downloaded a new app for my phone that maps out where I walk, and tells me how far I go and speed and stuff like that. Then the maps sync with my pc. So, hoping that will provide a little extra motivation for the walking/jogging. It's not exactly accurate as the GPS in my phone is a little wonky, but it's pretty good. I went to the track tonight so I could actually time myself on a mile jogging and see progress from there.

It was a bit painful, and none too fast, but I MADE IT A MILE JOGGING!!! Been years since I attempted such a thing. I can walk like nobody's business but the jogging/running has never been my strong point. But there's always the future....

My mood was still a kinda low today, but I do feel a bit better after some exercise.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Melvin- hang in there. You'll get through this down phase.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

dorothy .....

Don't you worry about everyone elses feelings... Please share and write exactly what your feeling... All the good sure, but more importantly all the bad.. Not only does it help you when you share, you never know who you are helping that could be going or feeling the exact same way, and to scared to talk about it..

Well today I went for a good bike ride, haircut, and my home group.. Sad part of today, is I found out my grand sponsor will not be with us to much longer.. He was in the hospital, but was sent home with terminal lung cancer. They won't be doing treatments as its to far progressed..He is just a soft kind man.. He has lived in sobriety longer than I have been alive.. He has 51 years.. We have been so blessed to have him as long as we have on this planet..

The weather is perfect here for the next couple days.. Blue skies and low 70's...
Old 07-23-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorothyparker View Post
Hello, May I come by just to say hello ? I stopped drinking on Dec 31 2012. I've been posting on the January club but refrained from speaking too much about AVs as that group seem to be more into very positive thinking and I don,t want to bring anyone down. However, lately, I'm feeling alone and having lots of cravings. Reading about Steve here made me feel like I could open up.

Yesterday, I was so sad and depressed, I thought the only thing that could console me would be to get drunk. I very very nearly went out to buy a bottle of white wine. What can we do now to get into a state of blissful oblivion? I guess sleep now is my only escape. thank you for reading me.
Welcome to the undies thread. Always tons of support here if you're feeling down. And please, DO post here if AV's getting to you... we'll help take care of that bugger.

I've found reading a good book helps me when I just need to get away from the real world... maybe that would work for you too. Sleeps always good as well.

Make sure and be honest with yourself though. If you drank, you'd just feel like crap tomorrow and be so sad and guilty and upset over 'losing' your sober streak.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hi undies. Checking in to say goodnight. Nice to see you on this thread DP.
Made it thru today but av was super loud all day long. It made for a long day and made me grumpy with hubby. Tried to stay busy doing chores all day since it was my day off.
My son is away camping for a week with his buddies. Missing him lots already. Hoping for an easier day tomorrow.
Night undies
Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Just got home after my 14 hour night shift....Quickly took the dog out...Had a quick breakfast of 4 slices of toast and 5 scrambled eggs....Washing that down with a pint of tea then I'm off to bed for 4 hours.....

Grace I really hope you are ok...You know where I am if you need a kick up the a$$...Much love xx

Dorothy welcome to our gang...I'm glad my ramblings have encouraged you to post...Rant vent rage do whatever here that keeps you away from booze...My god I do enough of it lol....

Melivin GET YOUR A$$ TO THE GYM.....That's me telling you...Go and party at the gym....If I can fit it into my hectic schedule then so can you....You know it makes sense...

I hope everyone else has cheered up a little and I think you are all amazing...Best get to bed now....

Take care....Steve.