Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll find peace and contentment in being sober Matt - I really do

D
Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Remember Matt.. You can have a drink anytime you want, still have free will.. Its just we never have A drink.. And then after we have one or two, it has us.. We no longer have the control of ourselves and actions..

Keep having a great first sober vacation.. You will be back to the normal stuff soon enough..

I am calling it a early night, extra tired this evening..

Sleep well gang..
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HappyDestiny3 View Post
Remember Matt.. You can have a drink anytime you want, still have free will.. Its just we never have A drink.. And then after we have one or two, it has us.. We no longer have the control of ourselves and actions..

Keep having a great first sober vacation.. You will be back to the normal stuff soon enough..

I am calling it a early night, extra tired this evening..

Sleep well gang..
Thanks HD
Old 07-22-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you'll find peace and contentment in being sober Matt - I really do

D
Thanks Dee. I was always so sad, anxious, etc. Now sober those feelings are rare. I guess I'm learning to live all over again, and alcohol was causing those feelings.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone its 04.36am in the Uk Im awake and have been most of the night as we are having thunderstorms and my cat and dog are terrified along with me. Hubby in wales visiting his Dad. Im doing ok no nasty AV ... hope you Im going back under the duvet ...
Old 07-22-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope the storm passes soon aw

D
Old 07-22-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Felt pretty down all day. Not overwhelming sadness or anything, just a general sort of down feeling. Can't seem to really get excited about much or really feel much pleasure.

I went for my normal long walk and amped it up a bit and jogged for as long as I could. I do think it made me feel a little better. Not great, but a step up from earlier today. Took a nice shower afterward and having a snack and glass of milk before bed. Think I'll start trying to do more jogging when I go on my walks... I think some more intense exercise might help me feel better.

One thing I'm thankful for is that I can breathe so much better now that I'm not smoking cigarettes and weed anymore. Definitely a noted improvement there and my lungs don't hurt. The coughing and sniffling have disappeared too, so that is something else to be thankful for.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

I felt like that yesterday DG. Weird.
Today is good tho

D
Old 07-22-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

A good physical workout can really do the trick with just being in a funk DG..

You got me craving milk and cookies now..

oye vey....
Old 07-23-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aw58 View Post
Hi Everyone its 04.36am in the Uk Im awake and have been most of the night as we are having thunderstorms and my cat and dog are terrified along with me. Hubby in wales visiting his Dad. Im doing ok no nasty AV ... hope you Im going back under the duvet ...
Haha aw I was just unlocking the football ground then and I got totally soaked as all I had on was a short sleeved shirt....There was lightening all around me and crashes of thunder....I love it lol..

Back home now and nearly time for bed for 4 hours....

Take care....Steve.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Undies, another zippy post!
Drake, even when I was a drinker, I hated being around drunks or drugged up addicts, sober I have less tolerance. I hope for his sake your friend finds his way back to recovery

Soberjim, good to see you are around, how's it going my friend?

Tanja, how are you planning on celebrating your first year?

S&S it is great your hubby is teaching you to cook, and perhaps watching you wash as you go will teach him! You say you don't know where your rage comes from, this usually means that something you have done/seen/felt triggered a suppressed emotion. Perhaps now that you are in recovery you could look at that? With me it was always tears, but when I delved, I recognised that it was down to feelings being squished into a tiny little dark place, for fear of what I might do if they saw light!

MB you are right to recognise that striving for perfection will only ever leave you frustrated, though trying to be the best we can is no bad thing. I'm looking at casual night classes to give give my brain some stimuli. When I was going through a lot of stress years back, I found working out was a godsend. I was able to spend my frustration and anger in the gym. One benefit was dropping around 40 lbs! As I get older, exercise gets harder but I am still trying to push myself, and have lost a few pounds recently. Yay! Only another 40 to go!!!

Carlos, you inspire me with your attitude, too many would dissolve into self pity in your situation, you seem to have accepted your responsibilities over past situations, and are ready to move on with life. I hope you are managing to rebuild family bridges. Looks like you are very aware of the triggers, so know how to avoid. I look forward to seeing plent of experience based advice here from you!

Bloss, good to see you, how are you doing sweetie?

Nel, good to see you are going so well too!

Mel, sometimes just knowing you have options can lift the pressure some, good luck with trying to get your schedule changed.

HD3 how easy is it to shoot ourselves in the foot, then we look at the gun in our hands and look around for someone to blame for putting it there( after shooting our foot first of course! Well done on accepting your responsibility, and good luck with finding a new job soon. You are learning to accept the HP in your life and that means you get to share the load. You show real personal growth, which is what recovery is really about.

WWG HDs advice is right on the nail. I also wonder why you feel any loss for something which was such a destructive force in your life. If needs be, bury it, grieve for it and move on, don't allow yourself to get stuck in this part of the cycle.

AW, hope you are all ok, I imagine, you the dog and cat all hiding under the duvet! My mum used to tell me that lightening was god dropping his lamp and thunder was him tumbling down the stairs, never really felt scared after that! Dog takes it in her stride, but hates fireworks.

DG keep up the exercise, it may lift your spirits. The glums are just a reminder that you have personal situations going on that you are not totally happy with, kudos for not getting het up over the window tho! Keep working away at your sobriety, take your moods for what they are, allow them, as you have already managed a talk with bf about the window, are you ready to talk to him about other more emotional issues?

Grace, We missed hearing from you last night, I hope you are doing ok?

Dee, it's good to know you have your mood swings too! Have a better day today.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Any Undies I missed, blame my dopey, middle aged brain!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hey Toots...had a rough day yesterday...But I went home made a nice supper and watched some TV.....It passed and I am glad today...

Jim
Old 07-23-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi Undies... last "quiet" day before my pain client building starts its project. Oh I am just waiting for the drama.... they can create it out of thin air.

Kind of have the glums and downs too. At my time in sobriety I think I need to start facing some issues but have the "don't wannas" really bad!

So wishing all a good and sober day
Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Toots, the window WAS an emotional issue, lol. Sadly, I think it's about at the limits of what we can handle at the moment. And at least the window is fixable. :/

Drake, I feel you about the "don't wannas". I'm right there with you!!

Well, it's day 106 no alcohol and day 6 no weed here. Hopefully it's a decent day.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi Undies...

Thanks much for the warm welcomes.

tanja...yes, the personal contact I am finding with AA has been a blessing! WooHoo, congrats on approaching one year sober!

HD3...hope you nail that next job interview, and it becomes all that, & more.

DG...exercise really works for me, helps to lift my spirits...love to get those endorphins flowing.

Stevie...so what channel is that CCTV...I'd like to check it out? Kidding, thanks for the undies welcome.

toots...It is amazing, when I am not drinking, my glass is almost always more full than empty...I have a lot to be thankful for...however I for sure need to get better at "Easy Does It"...been leaning on my sponsor to help me keep my expectations in check.

WWG...my best to you during what I'm sure will be a very short difficult stretch...where are you on vaca?

Hello SJ and Drake

Hey Dee, love running into you and your "sober wisdom" in my SR travels.

On the rebound, undies...Carlos
Old 07-23-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies. Quick check in from me - my energy today is extremely low so I am planning on a good sleep)

Stevie - thank you for the insight! Love your idea about superman tattoo)

IWLSAST - welcome!

Jim - congrats on winning over a rough day and smashing AV)

Toots - Kudos to you on losing 40 lbs! I've lost 10 since sober and have about 6-7 more to lose - the hardest part)

HD - glad to read your inspiring posts again! Have a good rest)

Grace - how are you doing?

And my warmest and best wishes to all the Undies!

Have a great day.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi all
MB, I put all 40 pounds back on! Probably with reinforcements. I'm working my way back down though. Slower this time, I'm 15 years older not, it don't come so easy!!

Soberjim, well done on avoiding temptation!! The little victories build up until we look over our shoulders and see we've climbed a mountain!

Drake & DG, I don't know anyone who doesn't get the Ostrich Syndrome ( burying your head in the sand and hoping it will all go away) it's a part of being an adult that I hate! Don't wanna be responsible and deal!!! Wanna scream and stamp my foot! I hope things resolve for you both, though Drake it sounds like you are in for a stressful time, what are your safety valves for when it builds up??

Carlos I think my default setting is optimistic verging on annoyingly happy!

Has Grace pm'd anyone?
Old 07-23-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I felt like that yesterday DG. Weird.
Today is good tho

D
Me, three. I actually considered drinking last night. In addition to feeling generally down and bad about myself, another hope I had for a job was crushed. When I came home, I was pissed I couldn't drink but also knew I didn't really want to. So I ate a bag of gummy worms. Take that, SparkPeople! I've been really good for two weeks, so it was my little rebellion, like sneaking drinks used to be.

Thanks for responding to my post yesterday, Toots. I was feeling really cut off from everyone. Luckily people from my class (July) offered some insights today, too, enough to boost my mood and keep me sober tonight.

I agree with people on the importance of exercise. I couldn't function without it. My mind gets too crazy. Well, it's still crazy, but exercise takes it down a notch. Plus I feel more "in my body," more centered and less numb, if that makes sense. All positive stuff.

I used to think it would be impossible to stay sober through a forum. But starting to have second thoughts!

Hope you are all having a good day. Hi to Grace!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
Hi Undies...

Thanks much for the warm welcomes.

tanja...yes, the personal contact I am finding with AA has been a blessing! WooHoo, congrats on approaching one year sober!

HD3...hope you nail that next job interview, and it becomes all that, & more.

DG...exercise really works for me, helps to lift my spirits...love to get those endorphins flowing.

Stevie...so what channel is that CCTV...I'd like to check it out? Kidding, thanks for the undies welcome.

toots...It is amazing, when I am not drinking, my glass is almost always more full than empty...I have a lot to be thankful for...however I for sure need to get better at "Easy Does It"...been leaning on my sponsor to help me keep my expectations in check.

WWG...my best to you during what I'm sure will be a very short difficult stretch...where are you on vaca?

Hello SJ and Drake

Hey Dee, love running into you and your "sober wisdom" in my SR travels.

On the rebound, undies...Carlos
We're in Ogunquit, Me. We come as a family here every year with my parents . We have a lovely beach house.