Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 3

Old 06-16-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Marcher

Thanks, juststopit. You are right, I want to help so badly and it's heartbreaking. And, I want to put the cyber bullies in time out!
Being here makes me stronger, too. It's accountability that I need and I get it here.
I love hearing how everyone gets through triggers and challenges. And when they slip, I love that they come here for a hand up. I was a mess when I first came here! so lost and confused and desperate. Same story as newcomers you read everyday on here. I'm not sure exactly how I got this far, but I'm glad I'm still here!

Big Hug to Everyone!
(Here's hoping we'll enjoy giving those special sugars tonight!!!)lol
Old 06-16-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

hi ladies! So glad I found you.... I got drunk last night because my kids were with their dad --- like a teenager I felt like I could get away with it. Evil twin sister/AV ... So am stepping it up for support. My son is 21 and has 30 plus days sober -- ya think that's a hint???

duh - just feel duh today. Thanks Moms who are staying off the sauce, I've loved reading the posts. Helps me get my sense of humor back.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hey ladies, sooooo I am in bed with day 5 under my belt - and omg I had the worst moment earlier - we're staying in a hotel at the airport ready for our 2 week holiday. - woohoo right!! Sooo at the hotel bar (cause we need to eat) I was sooooo desperate for a glass if wine - I was sooooo close to saying feck it and having one, but I took a moment out and looked at the people drinking - all sipping their beers / wines and thought what's the difference really between that and a water other than the price . Also if it was me - I would have skipped eating and would have necked a bottle of the white stuff in less than an hour and struggled with the early flight tomorrow morning

Anyways just checking in and wishing you all the best - I will prob disappear for a bit due to having to switch my fone off

Xxxxxxx
Old 06-16-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - back from AA and looking forward to day 11 tomorrow.

Hubby again complemented me on my outfit today - this could all go to a girls head!! He also said I need to talk to him more about my recovery journey. He said he can't help support me if I don't articulate what I need from him. He said that both he and my son are very proud of me for doing this, and that I shouldn't feel embarrassed or ashamed. The past is the past and it's today that matters.

Clarity - glad you found us and I hope your day 1 is going well. I have found talking back to my AV helps me fight her! And Sarah - well done on stepping back from the wine and enjoy a wonderful holiday.

See you all tomorrow for another sober day x
Old 06-16-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a nice supportive hubby! That us so great Lifebegins!

The weekend is winding down, and it's been pretty good, but very hectic and this chick isn't getting off her rear end for the rest if the night!

Had some cravings, but got through it. Unfortunately, the only extra sugar my husband is getting tonight is a piece of my chocolate bar if I decide to share (yah right!). Thanks to my "Ladies Days", not possible;-)

Happy Monday tomorrow!:-)
Old 06-16-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Joy, just was it someone in our group?
Old 06-16-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi ladies,
MLC - so glad you are doing OK. I hope I didn't say anything to upset you the other night when I replied to your post here on the Moms thread? You signed off right after my post so I worried. You came here for help and support and some people on your thread were very harsh. Don't know if I would have stayed on either, but we miss you here! Best of luck and hugs right back to you

So just wanted to check in after a busy day. So tired, mentally, as I came the closest I have been in the last 42 days to drinking. Long story (has to do with my dad and our relationship), but hubby sensed I was close to losing it and basically said, "you have come so far, don't let something stupid with your dad set you back". So I didn't drink. He would have known right away and the last thing I wanted to do, on Father's Day, was disappoint him.

Hope everyone had a great day with their hubbies and kids.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Glad you are ok YOU KNOW WHO, I was worried but I think you did the right thing is this place was not giving you support and making you feel shameful. You are in my prayers! We're here if you ever want to come back!! Love

Welcome clarity I think you'll live this group!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Aww ladybug I'm do sorry I had a bit of a dad melt diwn today too! I'm glad you made it through
Old 06-16-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Were some posts relating to MLC just deleted or is it my computer or am I just seeing things? WTH? Very confused.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Yes they were. I got a message explaining it.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

No they were... We shouldn't be using her name either I was very nicely told.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Oh, ok. I didn't get any messages about it. Thanks Dolly and Inperfectlyme
Old 06-16-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Aren't you glad you weren't imagining things and loosing your mind
Old 06-16-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

spent most of the day driving with a 10 month old so a little too sleepy to write a lot.

Life, your husband sounds like a keeper =) Yours too Ladybug. It was nice he noticed your mood and talked you down.

Justsarah, you are so right. The only one who ever notices (or cares) that I am not drinking is me. Why should it feel like less of an evening out just because of what is in my glass?

Dolly, oh no! I hope you didn't have to share your chocolate!

Alright, I know it is only 9:30 but I am going to sleep. Get to spend all day tomorrow with my mom (which is a good thing cause my mom is terrific). We are buying a baby pool for babystopit and I am looking forward to taking way too many picture of him in his swim suit (which is a full body 50 SPF rash guard because we are whiter than white redheads)
Old 06-16-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Aren't you glad you weren't imagining things and loosing your mind
Haha, I was really starting to wonder......
Old 06-16-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Dolly - did I hear you right? You were thinking of sharing chocolate? Wow!!!

Yes hubby is a keeper - thanks Just & Dolly - he had re-arranged kitchen when I got back from AA as I'd mentioned I wanted to do it.

Shan't comment on the individual as I don't know her but hope that the support shown by her friends in SR has outweighed any negativity.

Imperfect & LadyBug - really hope you have a better day today but well done on not drinking. Really helps me in my baby steps to hear you say that things were bad but you still got through it - thank you.

Coffee at the ready for another day :-)
Old 06-17-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

A nice sunny Monday here. After careful consideration and soul searching, I decided it would not benefit anyone if I shared my chocolate last night. So with a heavy heart, I informed my husband he was to seek solace in a bag of Teddy Graham's:-)

Phew....we made it another weekend ladies, lets feel proud!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

haha Teddy Grahams! I bought a box of Annie's Chocolate Bunnies and my husband said "isn't babystopit too young for those?" I just laughed and laughed (oh, should I mention he asked this while I had my hand crammed in the box and was shoveling them into my open mouth?)

Hot and muggy and overcast here at the moment. Heading out the door to buy the new baby pool!!! (I feel like a little kid again when my mom offers to buy a toy or something for the baby. Like..."ooohhhh wheeeee! We are getting a baby pool!!! I wanna play!!". I don't care what anyone says, things are more fun when someone else's money gets spent on them =) )

Was somewhat tempted last night. AV said "you can have one beer at your folks cause you know you won't drink too much there" But at that moment my mom handed me a wine glass full of sparkly water and suggested we sit on the outside and let the baby play in the grass. My water was so good, and I thought later how glad I was that I didn't have that beer!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good Morning! We did make it through another weekend

Funny - Monday always used to be an 'ugh' day - getting ready for work etc... Now it is like 'YES' <visualize fist pump> made it through another weekend LOL

Fought through the cravings I had this weekend - they came and went and I just rode them out (like labor contractions haha). At least childbirth was only a finite period of time - that is why we 'forget' the pain and are happy to do it again.

'Birthing sobriety' is so much harder - don't want to forget this pain!!!

for all the great posts this weekend - it helps!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great, sober week!