Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 3

Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Bebe -- I am *so* sorry for the loss of your baby in 2007. There are no words.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bebetter View Post
I stay on FB to keep connected with my close friends IRL, my family, and a group of 12 girls who I've been connected with for nearly 6 years now after we met on another chat board for moms who have lost their babies. My son was stillborn at 31 weeks gestation on July 31, 2007, and we all had losses through the spring and summer of that year. Anyway, other than that, FB is a great way to kill your self-esteem or .
So sorry for your loss, Bebetter. I too lost a little boy, at 22 weeks, back in November of 2007. Then lost a little girl last Sept at 12 weeks (chromosome disorder). If you don't mind me asking, what chat board do you visit? I always thought it would be helpful to have other moms (who have had similar losses) to talk to.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Ladybug... I'm so sorry for your losses! I met these girls on the Babycenter Community board called 2nd&3rd Trimester Loss Support. It's a private group, but you can search for it and ask to join. I haven't posted or visited there in probably 4 years - it was too hard with all the new moms coming in all the time. The group I met there at the time transitioned our communication to MSN groups and then to FB, and we are close knit and private.

I also belong to a larger support group on FB - are you on FB? It's called Angel Mommies. It's also private. If you friend me on FB, I would be more than happy to invite you to join that group. The moms there range from losing children years and years ago, to just last month. It's kind of a take-it and leave-it group, because there are about 150 members, but I've found some awesome women there. I'll message you my real name and you can search me on FB. <3

I've had several losses as well.... (((hugs)))
Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Aw,, Bebetter and Ladybug...been there too.

We lost 3 babies. Two were early on, but our second was born still at 5 months:-(. A little girl...

I had a condition that was discovered after our 3rd loss, that resulted in my blood clotting and clogging up the placenta. Once they knew what was happening, we were able to get the treatment needed, and our beautiful daughter was born. Had to give myself blood thinner shots in my belly all through the pregnancy:-(. Very stressful 9 months.

Hugs yo all us mommies that endured that heartache.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hugs back to you, Dolly. Truly believe our daughter is a miracle

Did you get a chance to talk with hubby?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Yes...it wasn't great. He told me my cousin had said something to him about my drinking a while back....she was concerned. This was before he even said anything to me.

Apparently there have been a few of these conversations about me. Sort of a secret club...them checking in with each other to make sure I still doing okay.

I am even more upset now..knowing there have been a few of these conversations about me! I feel so humiliated and hurt right now!:-(
Old 07-15-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
Yes...it wasn't great. He told me my cousin had said something to him about my drinking a while back....she was concerned. This was before he even said anything to me.

Apparently there have been a few of these conversations about me. Sort of a secret club...them checking in with each other to make sure I still doing okay.

I am even more upset now..knowing there have been a few of these conversations about me! I feel so humiliated and hurt right now!:-(
I'm so, so sorry Dolly -- people have a tendency to talk about us behind our backs because it is such a sensitive subject. But that doesn't excuse it!! Find the right time to tell both your husband and cousin that you are not drinking and are getting support for it, and any questions they have from now on should be directed to you, not behind your back.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, Mommies!
Well, I also lost babies... a son in 1998 at 14 weeks.
And twin girls in 2000 at 15 weeks. That is some pain.

Dolly, don't let your AV use this situation against you. Your feelings are real and valid. Own them, feel them, and release them when you feel ready.

Hey Ladybug, 16 days and feeling better! I'll be getting the pms funk soon, too. Blah!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Thanks Joygirl! Don't worry...my AV doesn't stand a chance right now. The thought that I was being discussed in secret conversations like I was some sort of project (operation get her sober) or fragile pathetic doll! I am more determined now to show them and anybody else just how strong I can be!!

Thanks for all the support you ladies are giving me, it means so much!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh! You are excellent, Dolly! You are giving me strength!
Have a good night!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Yes...I will be livid. I know some people say I invaded his privacy, but too bad. He isn't my boyfriend, he is my husband. Not only do we share a life, but we share a phone plan with shared minutes and a shared bill. A bill which I pay (my responsibility to handle family finances), so I would have come across the information anyway when the bill came in.

If I ever noticed calls to sex lines you would bet I would be bringing that up too without a care that he was doing it in "his" phone.

I understand him being concerned, but he should just talk to me first. Or Hell, go to Al-Anon if he.needs support. Don't talk to MY family without checking with me!
This happens all the time to me my H talks to my friends and my family and gets ALL their sympathy.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

been there and yes it is so hurtful but I suppose I look at it that they are as sick as we are.... you are doing so well maybe your cousin was praising you to your husband?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Well it's Tuesday morning, and right now I am up by myself. Going to be stressed between me and my husband, but have to be cordial to him for the sake of my daughter.

Didn't get much sleep last night:-(. Hope it's busy at work so my mind can take a break from thinking about this mess:-(

Hope you all have a great sober day!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Haven't been here in a long long time still sober 99 days and miserable. I'm going to go catch up in all I've missed. Missed you all hope you are well!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you but sorry you're miserable Inperfectly - whats going on?

D
Old 07-16-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back Imperfect, we were worried about you. Glad you are still sober, but so sorry you are not happy. When you are ready, and if you feel like it, we are here to listen,
Old 07-16-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

YAY Inperfectlyme, you are back!!!! We have missed you. So glad you are still sober and 99 days - wow! Sorry to hear you are miserable, though. Feel free to vent to us.

Dolly- so sorry you are hurting. I would be upset, too. I'm sure your husband and cousin were talking about you out of love and concern, but it doesn't excuse the fact that he did it behind your back. He probably feels really bad about it now and hopefully, in the future, he will come to you first? It will all work out
Old 07-16-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Ohhh Ladies...just been to visit a girl I went through rehab with...she is drinking 24/7 and not eating she is going to die.... have managed to talk her into going to her dr with a view to going back into rehab... she admitted herself to A and E /ER last night as she was suicidal and then discharged herself........ I know how hard it is I have never gotten to that point but I honestly dont think she can get herself sober with out proper detox and medical intervention...... It has made me more determined than ever to stay sober. Her two kids are in foster care and she is vever going to get them back if she doesnt do a turn around.......it makes me so grateful for what I do have a... a supportive family ...my kids .... my job
Old 07-16-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your friend Sunny

time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D