Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 3

Old 06-25-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Glad your bloodwork came back OK, Dolly. I'm sure all is fine. Sometimes white count can be up if you are fighting an infection. Try not to worry, but I understand how you feel (I am a bad worrywart too). How long will you have to wait to find out the next results?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Glad the bloodworm came back fine Dolly - and fingers crossed the white cell is fighting an infection.

Try not to let it get you down whilst you wait. (easier said than done I know)
Old 06-25-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Should know tomorrow. I think I have a yeast infection, so that might be it. It's still in normal range, but on the high end of normal
Old 06-25-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Marcher

Glad to hear you're ok, Dolly! High end of normal is still normal, right? Prob is the yeast infection. Sometimes our bodies fight so efficiently that we don't know we are sick. Yours is just doing its job!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Thanks ladies....have shelved the worrying. Good night with my family, now snuggled up with my girl listening to the thunderstorm.

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Peaceful....hope you got some nice yummies at the farmers market...sounds good.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I know the feeling, believe me. The monster is strong and it doesnt look at the consequences, etc. I feel you
Old 06-26-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Good morning moms,

Hope everyone is doing good today. 3 more days of work and I am on vacation for 10 days...yay!!!! Think I will be telling my dad and stepmom (who we will be visiting next week) about my sobriety. They are recovering alcoholics themselves, so I know they will understand.

I am ready to start telling my family.

I think it will be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Making excuses as to why I am not drinking is growing tiresome.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
Good morning moms,

Hope everyone is doing good today. 3 more days of work and I am on vacation for 10 days...yay!!!! Think I will be telling my dad and stepmom (who we will be visiting next week) about my sobriety. They are recovering alcoholics themselves, so I know they will understand.

I am ready to start telling my family.

I think it will be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Making excuses as to why I am not drinking is growing tiresome.
Dolly, it will be nice to share it with family members who "get it". I have told my family (husband, mom, brother & SIL, and dad & stepmom), but they just don't seem to get it. My stepmom made the comment once "well alcoholism really isn't in your immediate family" and then brother once said (to my mom behind my back) " she isn't an alcoholic cause she can be around other people drinking" and then the classic "maybe she just needs to change her lifestyle" which meant maybe I should go back to work instead of being a stay-at-home mom. Little does he know I used to go drink on my lunch hour when I WAS working. Then there is my dad who just looks at me with disappointment, as if I could control this thing. You would think people would want to research more about alcoholism instead of being ignorant about this disease. Anyway, sorry about the rant, lol. I think it is great you are going to tell your family, Dolly. I hope you get lots of support. Sounds like you will. You will feel better, too, getting it out in the open and, as you said, not making excuses anymore.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hi Ladybug,

Yeah...I know what you mean about family members that don't understand or "get it". Unfortunately, as supportive as my husband is (and he is very supportive). I just feel like he doesn't understand...because he doesn't really. He has never been around it in his family.

All 4 of my parents are recovering alcoholics (mom and dad met stepmom and stepdad in AA after they separated). All 4 of them have been sober for close to 40 years! It's been a while, but they have all been where I am.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

I know, Dolly, my husband is also very supportive, but just doesn't understand. I can't really talk to him about it, because he doesn't really know what to say. He doesn't understand when I am having a tough day because I am craving a drink and battling with the AV. I guess we can't expect them to when they are "normal" drinkers, though, right? That's why I love this forum and everyone here. I would go crazy if I didn't have you all to talk and share with
Old 06-26-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I was drinking on my lunch breaks too Ladybug.

Thanks Dolly I did get some good stuff. I'm glad you were able to move past being worried. I hope all turns out well!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Raising her hand as a fellow lunch break imbiber. I actually told hubby about that part last night. Some days I would go to the liquor store near work and grab 2 nips (mini's) of blackberry brandy, then go next door to a convenience store to buy a .35 juice jug. I would then drive back to our parking lot, dump out the juice then pour the brandy into the juice jug, so I could sit there and sip without anyone seeing the little bottles. I would then dispose of the empties in a barrel walking back to the office.

He didn't know about that before...I could see the shock in his eyes:-(

Guess I should give him this info in small doses.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post

Dolly, it will be nice to share it with family members who "get it". I have told my family (husband, mom, brother & SIL, and dad & stepmom), but they just don't seem to get it. My stepmom made the comment once "well alcoholism really isn't in your immediate family" and then brother once said (to my mom behind my back) " she isn't an alcoholic cause she can be around other people drinking" and then the classic "maybe she just needs to change her lifestyle" which meant maybe I should go back to work instead of being a stay-at-home mom. Little does he know I used to go drink on my lunch hour when I WAS working. Then there is my dad who just looks at me with disappointment, as if I could control this thing. You would think people would want to research more about alcoholism instead of being ignorant about this disease. Anyway, sorry about the rant, lol. I think it is great you are going to tell your family, Dolly. I hope you get lots of support. Sounds like you will. You will feel better, too, getting it out in the open and, as you said, not making excuses anymore.
I'm really pleased your family will understand Dolly.

Ladybug I haven't got that far yet, only my husband, son and sister - not sure my parents will understand. And knowing my Father he will make un-funny sarcastic jokes at my expense every time I see him. Not sure I'm ready for that yet.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a good week - half over Work is totally crazy-busy right now - makes the time fly by.

You are all brave - I'm not telling anyone. I haven't even discussed at long lengths with my husband. He isn't 'into' talking about that kind of stuff. I'll just let all the relatives wonder about me not drinking - some (that live far away) don't even know how much I drank.

For me - I'd rather not talk about it much. If I had to have ongoing conversations and comments from people in my IRL peanut gallery - ack! Some of my relatives would not be very nice and some would definitely use it against me in certain situations. Plus, some of them overshare. I have a feeling that 'everyone' in our home town would know ......

I'm so much more comfortable here on SR - what a lifeline to be able to discuss what is bothering us. So much positive support and advice!!!!

On that note - I'm on Day 30 today. Hurrah! Thanks to you all for such a great thread!!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lifebeginsat41 View Post
I'm really pleased your family will understand Dolly.

Ladybug I haven't got that far yet, only my husband, son and sister - not sure my parents will understand. And knowing my Father he will make un-funny sarcastic jokes at my expense every time I see him. Not sure I'm ready for that yet.
I know how you feel, Lifebegins. I wish I had never told my dad and stepmom because now when I do see them (which isn't much because they live in Florida) it is very uncomfortable. At least my husband and mom will ask me how I am doing at times whereas my dad has not asked me once and acts like a have the plague or something. We used to drink a lot together and now it feels like we have nothing in common. Kind of sad Our relationship is complicated, though, so enough about that .....
Old 06-26-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadsoul2011 View Post

I'm so much more comfortable here on SR - what a lifeline to be able to discuss what is bothering us. So much positive support and advice!!!!

On that note - I'm on Day 30 today. Hurrah! Thanks to you all for such a great thread!!
I agree, sadsoul, and congrats on 30 days!! Yay
Old 06-26-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Thanks LadyBug - and even though I've told my husband we've only discussed it twice. He asked me to share more with him and I did - but now it feels like at day 20 it's all done and dusted - which obviously it isn't. It could be me though more than him.

And congratulations on 30 days SadSoul !!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days Sadsoul!!!! Awesome job!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Sadsoul - day 30 is amazing! Well done you

I'm with you I guess - me and my hubby talk about my not drinking and he's so proud of me! Outside of that I dont think it's anyone's business to be honest. Most don't know the depths of despair I was in - we live 2 hours from our family's so it's been fairly easy to cover up - I have a girls night out on July 20th and am going to go with the antibiotics excuse! And I'll prob be making excuses for a while yet for family events etc - some tongues may wag amongst my family but I'm not bothered, my relationship with my hubby / 3 year old is getting better by the day (my 3 yr old wants my attention and cuddles more - whereas he was always going for his dad before) so stuff what anyone else thinks. I'm happy and so is my immediate family and they're my priority

I'm on day 16 today and never thought I would be strong enough to do this - I guess it just shows you what we can really achieve hey

I hope you're all doing well - I really appreciate this page / ap. it's lovely to feel you're not alone and have all of your support

happy Thursday all

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx