Have a super Wednesday, everyone
Bloss
Old 05-15-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Newby! Whatta gal!

Instant,
I am proud for ya bud!

Welcome all newcomers! I will now crawl back under my rock.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm enjoying the steady stream of good news and major milestones coming out of here. Inspiring stuff!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Evening Overs,

Itchy great to see ya. Someone over at Whiners was asking about you and I said you were out living life.

It was so nice weather wise but as it is true to Seattle weather it is going to rain for the next 7 days. Guess maybe I will crawl under my rock to?:rotfxko

Have a great day all.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Instant..congrats on 2 mate! Thats awesome

Mirage....Happy Real Birthday hun. Hope you had a fab day!

We are having the most spectacular autumn, which is great for the soul!

I am amazed at the power of the mind, in scary ways! I appear to have purposely forgotten information that you'd expect to know.....very weird! I would hate to imagine the rest that I have forgotten....probably don't want to know. A very interesting journey I am on.

Thanks for the good wishes re the benign results. Yep its great to also know what I am now dealing with..sadly no 'cure', just management with some negative consequences....but not life threatening! Woohoo.

Caledonia...yep my weeman (mr 6) is my little miracle.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey there Overs

Rare sunny day here. Even had a bit of heat in the air too

Had a fabby fay. Went to a meeting this morning and unexpectedly was asked to share at the top table. Felt great and afterwards me and the girls all went for lunch.

One of those days where everything feels just right.

Hugs to you all.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
instant

Hi everyone. Tuning in and grateful to be doing so. I got through a major personal challenge last week and got through. It was great that drinking to "cope" never came up on the adgenda. I have learned that things can be endured until solutions come to light.

i am away with work this week. In the past i would have taken the opportunity for some guilt free spirits, in the hotel after work. Life is so much easier- i just spent my spare time getting gifts for my girls.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Lovely end to my week........

Putting Weeman to bed, giving a good snuggle and he says dreamily..... mummy i could sleep like this all night I sooooo could its perfect can you stay there?.....i said probably not sweetie....he said, oh ok so can you please make me something heavy like you to put on me so I can imagine it all night?........hahahhahahaaaaaa

Have a great weekend when you get to it Overs
Old 05-17-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Not much new to report this week. Went to the dentist for a cleaning and was informed that my wisdom teeth should probably come out in the near future...so I got that to look forward to (not). Oh well, life goes on.

Have a great weekend, all!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Have a fantastic weekend Overs!

The sun is out here and all is well, well except the fact I've got a work sleepover but hey ho that's life.

Catch you all later
x
Old 05-17-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Morning Overs,

I always smile when I come on here and read how everyone is doing. I can see all the miracles going on in everyones life and it warms my heart after the war we have all been through.

Caledonia was that a typo "Had a fabby fay? I thought it might be had a fab day?:rotfxko or maybe its just a phrase I never heard before?

I have a sunburn from romping around in the sun yesterday..Today back to rain.

Have a great weekend Overs.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Got a job at a newspaper in a tiny town in the prairies of Alberta. I will be the town reporter! Looking forward to the break from the city, been longing for it. It will be an adjustment. It's only for the summer, till the end of August, so it's perfect, I'll get real newsroom experience under my belt and be better prepared to find a job in the city....if that's what I want at the end of this stint, who knows? Maybe I'll want to stay in the country, or relocate somewhere else. We'll see!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Morning Overs

I've been helping my son start up a new small business. I have to remember not to "take over", one of my pesky traits. Anyway, it's been busy. Today, a bit more time to get usual chores accomplished.

Everyone have a pleasant weekend
Bloss
Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new job, IP! Sounds fun!

Oh Manz..that's so sweet. I remember when I was about his age, I told my mom I wanted to cut her head off so I could sleep with it at night. Lol!! Niiiiice.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while, I missed the end of the old thread completely. All is good here. I am applying for volunteer work with an alcohol addiction agency which I am hoping works out. And I am looking to finish a degree I started ages ago with the OU. Found out it's gonna cost me about 5 grand but I think it's worth it, especially seeing as all of my education so far has been free. It's still a scary amount of money, but way less than I have spent on booze in the past!

Welcome and congrats on your year FrenchPink x

Newby, lots of us say fabby on this side of the pond. It's just a little more fabulous than fab

FBL, I had my wisdom teeth all out years ago. It was no big deal but they gave me these really strong pain killers which I really liked so I stopped taking them. I have always been too scared to be a drug person cos I always thought I had enough of a problem with beer! Just worth bearing in mind. I didn't really feel like I needed them really though I know some people found it really painful.

Hope everyone is doing well x
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Got a job at a newspaper in a tiny town in the prairies of Alberta. I will be the town reporter!
You just got the best job in the world!!! I know because I used to have it (well, not Alberta, but all the rest). Fasten your seatbelt, because you're about to have the adventure of your life...
Old 05-17-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
instant

Sounds like a great opportunity IP!!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

IP.....what a great opportunity, you go get em! And have a bag of fun!!

Mirage...that cracked me up! I am sure your Mum loved it anyway at the time.

My chore today was school bag shopping for my Weeman..... oh dear goodness, 5 shops later and still nothing met his desires and my budget. At the 5th shop I was silently begging for a quick death. No such luck!!

Pooring rain and dark already, a perfect night for curling up on the sofa with a movie or book. Not sure which yet.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

IP, you can be the Lois Lane of Alberta
Old 05-18-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, congrats on the new job!

Just got back from playing 18 holes of disc golf. I used to be pretty good back in the day (even won a few tournaments), but I hadn't been playing regular in about the last 10 years or so. It didn't take long to shake the rust off and although I've lost a little zip on my throws, I still did okay for a 47 year-old. I plan to play a lot this summer, so hopefully the old skills will come back to me.