Old 05-18-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey Overs,
Having a quiet weekend, just checking in to keep myself sane
Take it easy everyone
Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Overs

bloss had to laugh, you're checking in to remain sane and I'm off to a meeting for the same reason.

Congratulations on your jobe IP sounds amazing!

Having a good weekend and all is well in my world at the moment. Going to top up my mood with one of my favourite meetings. Picking up my friends whom both seem to be doing quite well this time around. So glad they haven't given up trying to stay sober.

Catch you all later
x
Old 05-19-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
instant

May sanity prevail for us all on SR!!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

No sanity for me this weekend—kid's birthday swim parties both days, including my own munchkin's fiesta today. A fantastic blur of sunscreen, cake, and epic squirt gun battles... Monday sure has a tough act to follow!

Old 05-19-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Speaking of sanity......thanks goodness for the sanity of sobriety!

I had an emergency call this avo from a client......found her hiding in her garage, floods of tears and plenty of listening later I asked if she had had a drink? Oh just one.... so i asked....one WHAT?? (Hahahahaha) Got her to drink tea have food and then safely installed in bed, sister downstairs to watch over her. Ooooooooooooh the insanity.

So yup....the insanity..thank goodness my insanity from the bottle is over! Now only need to sort my other insanity.....that I'm just a little bit nuts!

Love a good water fight R&A...bet you had fun!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

WAY TO GO IP and congrats on the job! You wanted it, you found it, you got it! Way to create your own best life.

All's well here SR friends. Another half marathon under my belt this weekend. Husband off on a quick business trip. Lots of work on my plate.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Made it through the weekend, slow kinda Monday. One of those days I woke up about 2 hours early and my mind started in on all sorts of unhelpful thoughts, decided to just get going on the day, instead of letting myself devolve into those "spinning" thoughts. It worked, feel more balanced now.

Have a nice Monday, Overs
Bloss
Old 05-20-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

good news on the action bit bloss

restarts work great too! lol
Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
instant

It's nice to be able to act
Old 05-20-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sobriety: It's not just for breakfast anymore.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Sobriety: It's not just for breakfast anymore.
Loved this!

Hi Overs

Been feeling a bit unsettled recently, no desire to drink or anything but just feel life's pace is too fast for me at the moment.
I've been trying for the past 2 weeks to slow things down but all I seem to be doing is tying myself in more knots.

Bloss You must feel great that you managed to take action. Great stuff! Hope your Tuesday has been more pleasant.

Bye for now
x
Old 05-21-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Afternoon Overs

Well I've been putting it off all day, but Blossom needs a bath. Blossom is my lovely dog. Bathing is not on her list of favorite activities, I'll give her a special treat after.

Nicky: remember one thing/day at a time, take it easy, sometimes we need to give ourselves permission to say no. You've been a great support to me, take time for yourself too

Everyone have a pleasant evening
Bloss
Old 05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Cal!
One of my originals. So glad to be sober all day anymore and never having withdrawals with breakfast ever again. Two years eight months today. First time I've counted in months. It is my new normal.

Cal, serenity is no fun until you are serene enough to enjoy it!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
instant

Had some time alone today. I watched as my mind meandered with angst over various problems. I am trying to accept that that is what it does when it freewheels. I have resolved to have a strategy to deal with one longstanding gripe- by putting it back to the boss next week.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Quieting my inner chatter, it sneaks up on me...soon as I realize what's happening, I take appropriate measures...sometimes it requires action coupled with patience, sometimes acceptance is the answer
Old 05-21-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I quieted the chatter tonight by playing with the old Sting song, "Love is the Seventh Wave."

Every ripple on the ocean
every leaf on every tree
every sand dune in the desert
every power we never see

I like thinking about all those things.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
instant

I think the central theme is "that some powerful figure/social entity in my life is going to catch me out for not living up to expectations.

Despite the fact that I cannot cite examples of when this has happened.

The fact that i do not have to be Freud to see the origins of this does not seem to change it.

Character defects!!! Who needs em!!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Morning Overs

It's all good for me today, just to wake up and maybe feel an ache or pain, then to realize its "real". I didn't choose to drink massive quantities of alcohol and pass out and wake up sick as a dog barely able to move. I'll take a few aches and pains any day. I was feeling out of sorts the other day, until I remembered, I am still sober... and all is well. Yippee!

Have a good one (day)
Bloss
Old 05-22-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hello Overs, I just hit a year and wanted to check in here. I'm not great at keeping up with threads outside of my Class of May thread, but I hung out a bit in the Unders which was nice, and I'm happy to recognize some of you from there So I hope to pop in here from time to time. Anyone have any advice on the over one year ride? I worked so hard to hit this point and now I don't know what to expect. I'm very scared of ever deciding to give it another go but I try to stay in today. Funny you were just discussing the chattery mind. I have one of those too. I try to meditate and read a couple books on worry and being present. Helps when I work at it. Ok hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Aww OLL so lovely to have you hear in the Overs.

Really enjoyed reading everyones's posts tonight and has made me realise that I've kinda slipped into a bit of *the old me*as in trying to please everyone and doing way to much in fact my body said so......after work I fell asleep for a full 2 full hours, so unlike me.

Thanks for the reminder guys and time for some more changes.

Hugs
x