Administrator

Class of August 2013 Part 2

our last part is here :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-1-a-20.html

D
Old 08-12-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello everybody,

As a fresh addition to this merry band, I thought I'd make some noise and get on the wagon too! Truth be told, I could spend hours just reading all the great posts by you guys, but this IS day 1 and I thought I'd make it something to remember. Maybe I'll get to look back at this post sometime in the future with a big smile on my face!

Without further bravado, I wish a very good (and clean) day to you all!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Can I join? I'm going to try this again.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TKS

Welcome to the class. We can all do this together, and have a huge online birthday party in 12 months !
Old 08-12-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome MicFiend and GreenEggs

Sober Monday morning sure feels good.

Just about keeping my head together on my personal crisis at the moment thankfully work is being great and letting me have a few hours off to take my father to hospital appointments this week. Think my friends help with my dad is finished though boy are my looking forward to my hubby coming home for a few days leave on Wednesday.

Weekend didn't exactly turn into the relaxing and productive time I planned just white knuckled the not drinking part and stressed myself out about the rest just feel so on edge and depressed ahh I know drinking will make things seem a hundred times worse. Things will work themselves out in time I am just not used to letting things ride wine let me hide from my feelings.

Anyways new week we can do this class xx
Old 08-12-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning of day three. I knew id have bad dreams about drinking just didn't know it'd be this soon! I take it as a good sign.... That i really want to be sober.

Have a good day everyone. I have a big interview in the afternoon that, if i get the job, could alleviate a lot of stress. Then a birthday dinner with former drinking buddies. It's a little concerning, but I'm going to focus on the food instead of the drink. I'm not drinking today.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back GEAH
best of luck BBF

Hope everyone has a great day

D
Old 08-12-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi folks I thought I'd share a few pictures of the sometimes soothing environment here in China- beats where I'm from in Britain anyway.

As as contrast the last one is of bottles of the national drink in the supermarket, very strong and very cheap- I'm not touching it again.

Good to be in the group here- all tea and coffee today.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
(previously uksupport)

Nice pictures Sean, and welcome to this thread, i joined myself only yesterday.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

looks beautiful Sean! makes my stomach hurt to look at the last one, though! have a good day/night in Beautiful China!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm a little late, but I'm in. It's time to try again.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SeanMc lovely pics but boy the last one brings back memories that stuff is lethal that's for sure

Brought some back for a group of friends we always used to bring something back from our travels to have before we went out. It's horrible we nicknamed it welly boots cos that's what it smells like and tastes (not that I have ever tasted welly boots lol) no matter what u put it in to try and drown out the taste it was all you could taste. Still managed to drink the whole bottle though sighs just about sums up that I really would drink anything .
Old 08-12-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ugh so I slipped this weekend.. one drink turned into a binge. The urge to drink was hard to resist. Feeling like crap again. And my gf caught me drinking and is mad at me. Just very bad decisions. Back to day one very sad
Old 08-12-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome elderine
Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You are back and posting that's awesome fitness keep on trying until it sticks x

I can't do one drink it just leaves me wanting more the desire to drink goes through the roof last Christmas I even reverted to opening a friends Christmas present (wine) to get my fix this year she's getting chocolates
Old 08-12-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 6, and feeling really strong. Went to an AA meeting over the weekend and plan on going to at least 4 this week. It really helps me being around other alcoholics and learning how they stay sober.

I am having a little fear about future projections though, I have a job which requires travel and social situations where drinking is often common (and I have always been the main drunk). How do I tell everyone I no longer drink?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm new here ....Day one for me ......I'm ready ...this has been a long time coming ......
Old 08-12-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi All,
I am just checking in from the weekend. I had a sober weekend for once in 8 years. I am really happy about that. I did have troubles sleeping, had the night sweats accompanied by nighmares but I can deal with these. It was the hangovers that were killing me.

My plan for this past weekend was to keep super busy and doing things nonstop kept me sober. I figured I spent so much time focusing on drinking that I had to focus my energy on other things to make it through the weekend.

I am sitting here at work exhausted from all the things I did this weekend to keep from picking up the dreadful drink, but it the beats the crap out of sitting here hungover.

Today is day 8 and wow does it feel great. I did notice though that I kept sending SO to the store to buy me candy. I would have gone myself, but I can't enter a store alone right now due to the temptations. I think I ate more candy this weekend than I have in 8 years.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
(previously uksupport)

I've weighed myself on wiifit, i've put a stone on since i've been on it last a year ago! Thankfully i dont really have a sweet tooth, so lets see if lose any weight not drinking at that beer.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Lots of Day 1's here, and I am sorry to say it is that for me again. Lots of family stress here, and I resort to alcohol to help (it doesn't).

Anyway, here's to "another" Day 1. BF and granddaughter are at the lawyers, and I hope something will be resolved. Meanwhile, my drinking HAS TO STOP!!....RIGHT?