Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 12

Old 08-15-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
instant

having a calm evening-side of family car attacked by stationary concrete pole. Thankfully I am not prone to violence. The doors still open (LOL)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
(and this is directed at FBL - ferret face!)
D
Nerts to you!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Welcome, LSC1!

Manz, I get it. I've been stressed to the max and my first thought is to drink. But like you figured out after your therapist visit, I look back on a year ago or two years ago or five years ago when I was in my abusive marriage, etc and wanting to kill myself - nothing is not do-able anymore. I can do anything. I just have to get out of my own head and quit catastrophizing.

No I am not belittling what you are feeling or going through - and it all is that much harder when you are down.

Honestly? I go back to making a gratitude list EVERY day when I get to that point. It usually helps to reset my thoughts after a while and remind me at how good things actually are since I tend to focus on the bad.

Acupuncture is going really well. I had my second visit Tuesday. I'm noticing the places he puts the needles in that hurt are places where I have pain a lot. If I don't have pain, I can't even hardly feel the needle go in. Went in Tuesday with a raging migraine and left with only a full ache.

Trying to figure out some really weird stuff going on with my body at the moment. I don't want to go into it yet because its just a "wait and see" game at this point. I am not a patient person, however and waiting even another day is driving me insane - and no one else needs to be on this roller coaster with me .

Hope you guys have a great day!!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hope you get answers soon, LB. Try not to dwell on the unknowns. Awesome to see you keeping a positive attitude in the midst of it all.

Welcome aboard, LSC! What a ride, huh? Amazing what a difference that particular year can make.

Sorry to hear the news, instant. I've seen poles do that before. Can't turn your back on them for a second. Glad everyone's safe.

Love the avatar, FBL. I may have to look for an episode on Netflix tonight...
Old 08-16-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
instant

RA apparently the pole snuck up on the car in a car park, Only the groceries were at risk- thank God the eggs got through unscathed.

No one has been charged !!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Welcome LCS! Congrats on your year!!

Sending positive thoughts to you, LB..hope you get your answers soon. Your comments to Manz helped me today, thank you.

Thanks for all the great insights, overs!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

LB, for your peace of mind I hope you get your answers soon.

My anxiety, which is caused by Huntington's Disease, is really limiting in what I can do. Both of my roommates are in the fellowship so it helps to often have unofficial topic meetings on our porch.

One roommate has been a chronic relapser the last year but its become progressively worse. Even worse she refuses to take advantage to do things that will help her recovery. It is stressful to deal with her when she is in that mindset. My other roommate is wonderful.

I'm also now in the acceptance phase of my Huntington's Disease, especially the anxiety. I want to go to meetings or grocery store. I can't do this very often anymore. That's hard for me to admit but it's now part of my life. Even on meds it usually only allows me to get out from under my covers, dressed and able to take Oscar at.

I'm so glad to have such a strong recovery. Substance abuse is common in HD and unspoken of. I'm taking a lead from a friend who got in recovery hard. This way as my mind deteriorates I'll already have the replacement tools to naturally use them instead of drinking/using.

Enjoying reading all the posts in this thread even when I don't post myself
Old 08-17-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you SZ

D
Old 08-17-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I'm sorry it's getting harder to get out, Shock, but glad to see you here.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Not much new to report these days. Life is going along without any drama, which is a good thing

Have a great Sunday, all!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Life is going along without any drama
now that in and of itself is worth it's weight beyond gold!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi Shock, nice to meet you. I'm sorry about your Huntington's and about being so depressed. But you are doing the right thing by not drinking. I wish you all the best.

Bit of a mayday here. My boyfriend visited me for the weekend, and took our dog home with him for the last two weeks that I'm here. Almost immediately after I dropped them off at the airport I started having really real thoughts about relapsing. My roommates go away in a week, leaving me alone here for one week before I go home. And I was thinking that I could drink without anyone knowing. And thinking about just giving up and starting again. I graduated school, I'm doing pretty well, why not? And I was at a music festival on the weekend, my friend ordered a beer and I looked down at it and had an urge to grab it and drink it. What the heck guys? I've gone all summer without any issues, and now that my dog is gone I immediately go back to the same old thought patterns? When does it ever end? I just want to have a normal life without missing alcohol all the time.
Anyways, I'm sure I won't drink. Just want to put it out.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hello everybody

I've made it! 12 months today, who'd have thought it? Please may I join you all in this group? I've popped over from the Undies where I've had a great time and though I'm not leaving them ( got to wait for them to join me here) it would be good to get to know you all.

Gxxx

Just for today, I will be happy. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Grace

D
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee

Gx
Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Yay !!!!!!!!!!!! Grace

Congrats and it is great to see you here.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Thank you my dear former class mate. We've come a long way since last August haven't we and I'm so happy to be sharing the journey with you.

Gx
Old 08-19-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Grace2...welcome form the Undies to the Overs and CONGRATS on a year!!!!!! Jump on in, I look forward to getting to know you too hun.

Lotus, hope the news is good and soon! Hugs. Thanks for your words.

Instant...poles sneaking up on cars..what next?? lol

Shock...sorry things are so tough for you. I hope you get some peace soon.

FBL...no dramas=bliss!

IP....hugs to you hun, I can so relate! You had some great things to say to me a few pages back when I was having a similar time.....go back and read them hun! And all the other ones. Also, they are just thoughts and hark back to your old ways of coping. maybe the puppy leaving is a trigger for you....but you are strong and know where it would all lead if you picked up that first one. Keep an eye on your self care, remember that great advice you gave me. Big hugs

What a week or so.....and now another one starts!

Had a gorgeous day with a picnic at the beach yesterday with my Weeman and some friends. A beautiful pre spring, spring like day...warmish and sunny! Lovely long long walk followed by ice creams all round. A good day.

Have a fab week Overs!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:52 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Thank you Manz, it sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday, picnic on the beach sounds good to me, the nearest beach to me is about a good hours drive away.

Gx
Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-13-a.html

D