Notices

Class of January 2013 Part 8

Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Morning class, Great to see this thread active!

Rosie and Reeny, I'm with you on the people pleasing behavior. Been like that my whole life. Always giving in to what I think others want.

Liz, 100 days is awesome! It's probably nice to be so busy. Thanks for the info on "drunk mom".

Woodhead, good morning, hope things are good with you.

Like2hike, saw your post on the kicking asphalt thread. The rides sound great! I'm envious, 3 days of 30 mile rides. Enjoy your group ride tomorrow.

Dorothy, it has been quiet here, and I miss Gilmer. Hope she is doing well without SR. I'm with you on feeling the need for this class more now. A few weeks ago I felt like I could go without it, but now I feel better the more I check in and read/post. It keeps my mind straight.

Hi to everyone else, happy sober Friday Jan class!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

That's really nice of you to mention everyone in your post, Siesta. I'm testing a couple of apps on my iPhone to log rides (Strava and Map My Ride).

I agree. This thread helps me a lot, too. I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend. This will be my biggest test of strength to stay sober so throw me some good karma, please.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Like2hike, lots of Karma coming your way! I use Stava for my bike rides. It works great. Haven't tried the other one.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Why will it be your biggest test of strength Like2hike? Whatever it is, I'm sending tons of good karma. The longer we're sober, the harder it should be to destroy all the hard work right?

Can someone tell me if Dee is all right? I haven't heard from him in a while...
Old 05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Like2Hike View Post
This will be my biggest test of strength to stay sober so throw me some good karma, please.
like to hike,
don't wreck your bike,
good karma will come,
if you stay outta the rum

Have a great weekend!
W
Old 05-03-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Like2Hike View Post

This thread helps me a lot, too. I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend. This will be my biggest test of strength to stay sober so throw me some good karma, please.
Have a great time, L2H. You'll stay strong, I can just feel it!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorothyparker View Post

Can someone tell me if Dee is all right? I haven't heard from him in a while...
Maybe Dee's having a few days' well-earned break? Hope you're OK, Dee.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Been really ill guys. On the mend now, but give me a day or two to get up to speed again tho

D
Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Just a Hello & Happy Sober Weekend Class!
Dee Feel Better soon...

If your having great weather everyone, enjoy it!
& Send some of us here in the Midwest some of that Sunshine!

As we have gotten SNOW every day for the last 3 days of MAY!!!
Seriously this does not look like a spring activity does it???

Well Stay Sober, Stay Strong All!
~Peace
Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better Dee. Take all the time you need.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Siesta View Post
Glad you are feeling better Dee. Take all the time you need.
Same from me, Dee. Get better soon.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yourmysunshine. I'm originally from Montreal and once it snowed in May!!!! But that was in 1994. I feel for you though, it affects our moods greatly. Be assured that spring is around the corner and it will probably just leap straight into summer...

I hope everyone else is not too tempted by the terrace weather. It was so "nice" to have cocktails before dinner on sidewalk terraces...I still have a twinge of regrets .

I was at an outdoor event yesterday and I'm sort of an example to my friend who had just stopped drinking 3 days, which was good, i was encouraging her but last night, with all the bottles on the table, she served herself a glass. I felt sad because she started the evening with the ice tea I brought along and I thought I would be a good influence. Everyone has to do it on their own good times, the thing is, she's been doing that for the last 5 years and telling me I should stop.

Anyway, I had a good time and was happy to be back home with my head clear. Have you noticed though how people go super silent when you: no thank you, I've stopped drinking? It's like you just dropped a bomb in the middle of a party.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by woodhead View Post
like to hike,
don't wreck your bike,
good karma will come,
if you stay outta the rum

Have a great weekend!
W
Great one, Woodhead! Thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Wow, thanks Reeny, Wood, Dorothy and Siesta. I really appreciate the good karma posts. I can't let this team down so know drinky for me!

Sunshine, it's been the weirdest spring here in the Lowcountry (coastal South Carolina). The wind is gusting incredibly hard the last few days but there's not been any storms. It makes riding a bicycle an adventure.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dee, I hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorothyparker View Post

Anyway, I had a good time and was happy to be back home with my head clear. Have you noticed though how people go super silent when you: no thank you, I've stopped drinking? It's like you just dropped a bomb in the middle of a party.
I agree, dorothyp. Drinking is such a norm in our society that you become the abnormal one when you don't drink. Even moderate drinkers will say, "one or two won't hurt you"! And then you come to SR, which is only one of thousands of addiction help avenues and see what a massive problem it is. I don't know the statistics but grog must ruin millions of lives. This time, I'm not going back and nothing will budge me!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

L2H, how did it go?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking, Reeny. Abstaining was no problem today. Afterall, i can't let the January team down! I'm now home watching the Las Vegas Supercross on TV and all is good.

Thanks again to everyone for the positive posts. This thread is so helpful because of you all.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Venus

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

D
Old 05-05-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

' Woke up in a total panic yesterday morning because I had a drinking dream. I've read of similar experiences on this forum, but have never had such a dream myself. It was so vivid and accurate -- I crashed and burned with expensive "celebration" red wine shortly after hitting the 90-day mark -- that it took a few moments to recover from the inevitable disorientation. The remorse was palpable, and while not a pleasant experience, it was a reminder that I wouldn't feel very proud of myself, no matter how fantastic that celebration wine would taste, if I picked up again ...
Old 05-05-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy cinco de mayo. Today I'm celebrating my 4 month mark. Feels like I'm settling into sobriety pretty well. My spirit feels good and I feel refreshed. Been eating healthy and exercising for the last month and 1/2 and that's been a huge help for my mood and general well being. I have a 9 hour shift on the schedule for tonight, so there won't be any issues with cinco de mayo parties.

Dorothy, sorry your friend decided to drink. At least now she has you to set a good example.
Reeny, I'm with you. Nothing will budge me to drink again either.
L2h, glad the good Karma made its way to you!
Liz, I've had a few of those dreams. Very unsettling! It always takes me a bit to realize that it was just a dream.
Have a happy Sober Sunday Jan class!