# 41 (permalink)  

Congrats, JamesA! Well done.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congratulations James
Old 04-30-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Alison - sorry about your friend. Your support will help her in many ways. I can relate to other topics in your post. A couple of times during the last 4 months I just wanted to be numbed instead of hurting. The only thing that kept me from drinking was knowing how much lower and stressed I would be with a hangover in the morning. I use strenuous exercise to feel pain from a different source which isn't taking on the problems but sobriety sometimes requires selfishness.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello My Wonder-full Class Mates.

Just a line to let you know all is Great here in Croatia, and I am on Day 108. I actually stopped on 11 Jan 2013, but I know that stinking stuff was still in my system for at least 48 hours so I decided my Date would be 13th Jan. ( My Mothers Birthday 87 years young). Seems fitting I honor such an Amazing Lady. ...This is my Steps and higher Power Getting Honest with Life on life's Terms

I am not sure if I can post this but i go to an online meeting every day for 2 hours. It is from Australia we have about 30-40 regulars from around the world Australia,UK, Europe and USA. it is a fantastic group with about 6 old timers 30 - 40 years...... We go through the steps, we have speakers and we chat. No web cams just a mike and headset. For me without much support structure here,,it is a life saver and I feel at home in the Room. If Anyone would like a link then private message me, I do not think I am allowed to mention it......

I SEND LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL OFF YOU
Old 04-30-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I was visiting a friend in Toronto and got back a week ago. I realised how much I missed our January class. I had to do quite a lot of catching up. I'm ashamed to say that I came on the site only because I have been feeling very very depressed lately and I was looking for some presence. Perhaps it has to do with being in Toronto, and not being able to enjoy a drink (I know enjoy is the wrong word but as I was on holidays, it felt that way)...In any case, I'm still sober but all the signs and pubs were calling out to me to come in and have a drink. I'm lucky that my friends didn't feel like drinking.

Some of the posts I read brought tears to my eyes. Lunetta, so sorry about your miscarriage. I loved that you said: just thinking about drinking makes me sick..." It's a strong deterrent, if you want to drink, you envision yourself with a glass, and you're ill with guilt and aware of the negative consequences..so I find it's the thought that keeps the demons away.

Is it Woodhead who has a son that will possibly be in jail for 5 years ? I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it will be a light(ish) atmosphere for him to bear. Please keep us posted.

I'm glad I checked in. It's true, this stopping drinking is a solitary business, one of the most solitary thing I've ever done but when I share with you, I'm reminded that I'm not so alone after all. Thank you all. And Dee, I missed what the Forum drama was about but you're so wise and gentle, I'm sure that you handled it perfectly.

Have a good sober evening !
Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorothyparker View Post

Is it Woodhead who has a son that will possibly be in jail for 5 years ? I'm so sorry to hear that.
Yes, unfortunately my son will likely spend some years in jail. It's a heart wrenching thing to deal with, but fortunately I haven't turned to alcohol for help.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi class, just checking in before bed. Nice day off today. Evening group bike ride with hubby and a few others. Lots of fun, and I'm getting faster, which is cool. Quiet dinner out on Main St afterward, and then frozen yogurt for dessert. Hubby and I are enjoying our new program.

Good to hear from you, Macc and Dorothy. Hi to everyone else, hope you all had a good day.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to Say Hello! & Happy Spring! (Well, thats kind of a joke here in MN, seeing as they are talking SNOW again this week, really its MAY!)

But with all my loads of crap ahead of me with my divorce, custody, legal stuff... Im 104 days sober & will face this all while staying that way.

Peace & Love all!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Alison. 103 days - there's a reason to get put from under those covers! Hang in there, my friend.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

2-May = 4 months

The positive changes that sobriety brought have been many. It's especially good to not live each day in subservience to the horrible habit of alcohol abuse. Our lives, our terms....

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying spring or autumn.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Like2Hike View Post
2-May = 4 months

The positive changes that sobriety brought have been many. It's especially good to not live each day in subservience to the horrible habit of alcohol abuse. Our lives, our terms....
Totally agree, L2H! 4 months for me too on May 1 - 1\3 of the year sober!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Congrats to like2hike and Reeney! Well done!
Best,
W
Old 05-02-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Congrats Reeny and Like2hike!! Four months is a huge accomplishment.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

YouRmysunshine,

Hello to you too, and great job on 104plus days! You'll get through all of those issues much better sober.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi Class

Well done Like2hike and Reeny on 4 months

Alison hope you doing ok hang in there you got a lot on your plate at the moment one day at a time you can do it.

Busy week for me still dealing with new system in work on top of all the normal year end accounts coming in and trying to get ahead of myself so the pile isnt so large that i cant see my desk when i get home from Cyrpus. So glad I have not had any hangovers on top of it yay.

Still cautious about holidays and not drinking at all. Its not that I want to drink at the moment I dont even feel like I could enjoy a drink its feeling obligated to drink the odd glass of wine with my friend so she wont feel awkward drinking alone. Sounds silly even to me lol its just the pleaser in me that wants everyone to be happy when they are happy I am happy phew.

Back to packing for me feeling a little better now I know that there is some sort of internet access in the villa we are staying in so if things get a little difficult I can log on from my phone somehow and be able to read and also keep in touch will all of you.

Stay strong class you are all doing great

Dee hope you feeling better you really need to look after yourself young man.
xxxxxx
Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rosieblue View Post

Sounds silly even to me lol its just the pleaser in me that wants everyone to be happy when they are happy I am happy phew.
xxxxxx
Have a great holiday, Rosie. I'll miss you.

I'm also a pleaser and it makes no sense to me as to why. I'm kind of struggling with this in sobriety. A lot of the big mistakes I've made in my life, eg, staying for too long in an abusive relationship, have stemmed from wanting to please others. Mum used to say it was because I have a good heart but it's more complex than that - part of me needs the positive reinforcement I get from pleasing others. Yes, phew!

Happy weekend, everyone!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Just checking in at 122 days ! I found this counter that is much simpler than to count all the days manually: Day Counter - How many days and/or weeks are there between two dates

I hope everyone is feeling all right. Rosieblue, enjoy the holidays, it will be a good opportunity to break the association between holidays in the sun and drinking right? Those sunny day hangovers were the worst for me...

Is it just me or has this month been awfully quiet for the January class ? Is it because Gilmer is no longer writing? LOL.

In any case, I find I need this class more so than at the beginning strangely. It helps to see all the positive steps people are taking to stay sober.

Have a great day.

DP
Old 05-03-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorothyparker View Post
Hello everyone,

Just checking in at 122 days ! I found this counter that is much simpler than to count all the days manually: Day Counter - How many days and/or weeks are there between two dates
SR also has a counter; I used it obsessively at the beginning :-)

SoberRecovery : Sober Time Sobriety Calculator
Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all for their fabulous achievements, particularly the 4-monthers! Very inspirational!

I’m approaching 100 days (who would have thought it?!) and am so darn busy with rehearsals for my “muscial production” that the days are just flying by. I am absolutely certain that I would not have appreciated this experience as much as before I quit drinking. I’m soaking up every glorious minute, late hours and all.

In addiction memoir news, Jowita Bydlowska’s Drunk Mom has just been released to mixed reviews. I only just ordered it, so can’t yet make a personal recommendation, but while reviewers have commended it for its brutal honesty, they have expressed concern about the safety & well being of the author’s child during this time …

A great weekend to all!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LizG View Post
SR also has a counter; I used it obsessively at the beginning :-)

SoberRecovery : Sober Time Sobriety Calculator
I use the Time Counter app on iPad. As of right now I've been on the earth 55 years, 5 months, 3 days, 14 hours, 3 minutes, and 21 seconds..................