Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 9

Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

So many thoughtful posts!

RaggedyMan, good for you for sticking with ginger ale!

Juneprottey, love your pic. We slip and get back up and do it again until it sticks, which it will.

Toots, sorry to hear about the pain - that's no fun at all.

Shoes, yes, you are so right about Patience! She should be our constant companion :-)

AoS, quitting smoking can be difficult but is do-able. I smoked 3 packs a day for much of 20 years and then quit cold turkey. Hardest thing I've done in my life. That was back in 1984 and haven't touched them since.

JCMALTA, I think it helps so much to focus on the positives of not drinking. You are sounding very strong!

FBL, I'm sorry you are feeling lonely but agree that's better than being drunk. Therapy can help many of us. I wonder if many of us become addicted to alcohol at least partly because of other issues.

Snaggle, it's ok to take some down time from the thread and/or forum. We all have different needs at different times.

Marcher, omg, I can't believe how many geeks we have here, lol! I started with "big iron" mainframes and would have put one in my basement if I had the space and the money for all of the renovations, power usage,etc! My first home computer was a TI 99-4a with a cassette recorder to save programs, lol! Wow, the fond memories that brings back. I've slowed down a lot but seem to always have a few computers around along with one or more recent gadgets ;-). I've thought I could easily use more than one set of arms and hands!

Lots of love to all!
Sassy
Old 04-07-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
What? I so confused. Are we still talking cigarettes??
No, dope! Not you a dope I mean!! I used to smoke dope instead of cigarettes I think I was the only person on the planet smoking a spiff to get a nicotine hit!!! Lol
Haven't smoked either for at least 10 years now!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
“That is one of the reasons drugs and alcohol are so popular—they change circumstances immediately. No patience is required.”
Well isn't that the truth! I am all about immediate gratification. Never looked at it that way.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
No, dope! Not you a dope I mean!! I used to smoke dope instead of cigarettes I think I was the only person on the planet smoking a spiff to get a nicotine hit!!! Lol
Haven't smoked either for at least 10 years now!
Lmao! I am a dope. I always had you pictured just drinking $50 bottles of wine!!
Holy smokes.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Hahaha oh shoes! Do I drink it out of crystal goblets?!! Lol. In my dim and distant past I was a bit of a biker, mentally I haven't changed much! I wouldn't have paid more than about £6 for a bottle of plonk, and then it would have to be a decent one half price, otherwise I just bought cheap, cheap!!

I love what you say about instant changes, and it is definitely true, I always liked the way I could drink and things were suddenly different,obviously they weren't I just saw them differently temporarily until I sobered up.
Certainly in me there was a weakness, an unwillingness to deal with things, I preferred to run away to booze land
Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

I wouldn't have paid more than about £6 for a bottle of plonk, and then it would have to be a decent one half price, otherwise I just bought cheap, cheap!!
Morning all

Toots - I wasn't aware you could buy vintage Buckfast (I'm not gonnae bother explaining that one for our foreign visitors! )

On a serious note, here's a link to a very cool UK recovery site called Soberistas that a girlfriend of mine sent me a while back.

It is more of the female persuasion but is well written and insightful. Some good solid inspiration going on though and definitely worth checking out.

Soberistas

All best my lovelies

NT
Old 04-07-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Well my 10th sober day is over, this was a good one, very positive attitude I had all day long, slowly things seem to improve. Tomorrow a start of new week, starting it sober is a luxury finishing it sober is a miracle but I just did one so why not another?

God help me.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Chuckle - here in the states at Trader Joe's there's "two buck Chuck" which now costs three bucks, lol!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Well, after more than three weeks of doing a good job of exercising and eating well, I muffed it big time last Monday. Glad to be returning to my fold of fellow Marchers. You guys are my people! Gotta find a way to STAY stopped this time.

I hadn't realized this is where these threads go when the month is over.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post

Morning all

Toots - I wasn't aware you could buy vintage Buckfast (I'm not gonnae bother explaining that one for our foreign visitors! )

On a serious note, here's a link to a very cool UK recovery site called Soberistas that a girlfriend of mine sent me a while back.

It is more of the female persuasion but is well written and insightful. Some good solid inspiration going on though and definitely worth checking out.

Soberistas

All best my lovelies

NT
Sweetheart, we all know you are so in tune with your feminine side, you don't have to explain yourself and make some elaborate story that a "girlfriend" of yours pointed you towards this wonderful site.

Now go and paint over the chip on your left index finger with that cerulean blue nail polish you've been lusting after for weeks.

Love babe. Sisters before misters xxx
Old 04-07-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Evening Marchers

Just a quick posting from chuffland before work, another sober day in the back pocket and still feels so good, dont think I will ever get used to this feeling!
Huge thanks to everyone for your contributions, you are a beautiful group of individuals and it was a good day indeed that i was introduced to SR, thank you all.
Have a great evening/day fellow Marchers

Mick
Old 04-07-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Welcome back mesoso

Mick
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
Well, after more than three weeks of doing a good job of exercising and eating well, I muffed it big time last Monday. Glad to be returning to my fold of fellow Marchers. You guys are my people! Gotta find a way to STAY stopped this time.

I hadn't realized this is where these threads go when the month is over.
It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up
Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Now go and paint over the chip on your left index finger with that cerulean blue nail polish you've been lusting after for weeks.
What the one you sent me? I binned it. Not interested in cheap copy brands from a flea ridden Liverpool market populated by desperate scousewives.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

life is so much better when the sun is out!
hope you all had a good weekend.
just been catching up on all the posts
Old 04-07-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Ah Natty, the ol' Bucky, never a better drink developed to advance ones alcoholism and cause type one diabetes in one green bottle! Thank goodness it was never a taste I could develop. Those monks have an awful lotto answer for though!
Thanks for the link will def check it out
Panache, good to see the humour creeping back, how ru doing sweetie?
Mesoso! Missed you, glad to see you back where you belong!
Chuff, you may need to change your name to chirpy!! Lol
JC you too seem really upbeat, and yes! Why not another full week! You are so right!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post

What the one you sent me? I binned it. Not interested in cheap copy brands from a flea ridden Liverpool market populated by desperate scousewives.
Do I have your address Mr Privacy? Must be one of the other slags you picked up at the Liverpool market.

What you were doing there in the first place is a question beyond me, care to divulge?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Ah Natty, the ol' Bucky, never a better drink developed to advance ones alcoholism and cause type one diabetes in one green bottle! Thank goodness it was never a taste I could develop. Those monks have an awful lotto answer for though!
Thanks for the link will def check it out
Panache, good to see the humour creeping back, how ru doing sweetie?
Mesoso! Missed you, glad to see you back where you belong!
Chuff, you may need to change your name to chirpy!! Lol
JC you too seem really upbeat, and yes! Why not another full week! You are so right!
My sweet I'm good, back in action. How are you beautiful? Your posts are always so thorough and as people have said before the fact you address everyone means more than you'll ever know.

Love xx
Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Good to see your sweet face, and hear that devilish scout wit- especially when you're taking Natty down a peg or two!it means you are on an even keel and that means a lot!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post

What you were doing there in the first place
Looking for your fleas you said you lost.