Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 9

Old 04-07-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yay MrB a week done and counting towards double figures!!
AofS I agree with Natty, (OMG! That's the second time I've done that!) ecigs seem really good, a guy I work with was a really heavy smoker, managed to quit. Still smokes his fake cig but without the nicotine!
Raggedy, sometimes there is just too much to catch up on, makes sense to start from here

Well night night our lot, and good morning to you folks over there!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Ok-big day tomorrow! Addiction therapist-can`t wait:-). Never thought I`d be in this place but going for it tomorrow.
My favourite quote that helps me on here "I will never gonna drink again, I will never change my mind". Thanks :-)
Old 04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. It's ten o'clock on my day off and I already have been up for four hours -- this sobriety makes us productive little munchkins.

Love the patter between panache, natty and Mr Beagle! We could have our very own sitcom -- SR Pommie style!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Glad to see we are still marching on.

I went to the grocery store today and felt my stomach drop when I saw the wine aisle. I remembered how one drink turns into two bottles (yikes!). So sad but true.

Then I again thought about my life before the wine. It was pretty good, not perfect but good. I want that back. I actually want better than that. And I know I can have it if I remember that it only takes one drink.

March on :-)
Old 04-07-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I don't know what it is but at night is the time I want to use the most or see what trouble I can get into
Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Hahaha Sassy! I see you've been to Whole Foods! Or Whole Paycheck as I like to call it.

Oh wait, you are right...Trader Joes...Whole Foods is for the rich people.
Nah - actually one time when my older sis came to visit she brought a bottle of then two-buck chuck. No matter how many times I asked her not to bring wine, she just never got the message. Sigh.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Mr B, congrats on a week!

Sassy
Old 04-07-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Am back. I am not giving up my Marchers for alcohol. Just ain't doin' it. Y'all will have to deal with me and my failings and winnings. ROCK ON.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I have 21 days of sobriety today. Life is good.

It's a constant struggle but I now have support in all areas of my life I can turn to.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Nah - actually one time when my older sis came to visit she brought a bottle of then two-buck chuck. No matter how many times I asked her not to bring wine, she just never got the message. Sigh.

I just meant shopping for organic food. I'm sorry. I didn't mean you were going for wine. Sorry about your sister not understanding too.

I wish I could shop there. I love how they have things I've never seen in the stores I shop in. Never saw a fresh fig before. I've had them in food I've ordered in restaurants but I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Ok-big day tomorrow! Addiction therapist-can`t wait:-). Never thought I`d be in this place but going for it tomorrow.
My favourite quote that helps me on here "I will never gonna drink again, I will never change my mind". Thanks :-)
I'm excited that your excited! Sounding good Sandgirl!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberjanedoe View Post
I have 21 days of sobriety today. Life is good.

It's a constant struggle but I now have support in all areas of my life I can turn to.
21 days! Yeah! SJD!! Support is good.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Am back. I am not giving up my Marchers for alcohol. Just ain't doin' it. Y'all will have to deal with me and my failings and winnings. ROCK ON.
I can handle that! My money is on the winnings. You are too ornery to not succeed. I'm so glad your back Trach!

Feel free to spell check me and use big words. I always like my Trach word of the day.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
I can handle that! My money is on the winnings. You are too ornery to not succeed. I'm so glad your back Trach!

Feel free to spell check me and use big words. I always like my Trach word of the day.
flibbertigibbet.

go on, google it.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oocleanchickoo View Post
I don't know what it is but at night is the time I want to use the most or see what trouble I can get into
I vote to use night time for doing something nice for yourself instead. xxx
Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

That's ok, Trach. I'm the queen of relapse, I think. I've lost count so have probably set a new SR record but I'm not giving up!

Sassy
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewDay79 View Post
Hi all,

Glad to see we are still marching on.

I went to the grocery store today and felt my stomach drop when I saw the wine aisle. I remembered how one drink turns into two bottles (yikes!). So sad but true.

Then I again thought about my life before the wine. It was pretty good, not perfect but good. I want that back. I actually want better than that. And I know I can have it if I remember that it only takes one drink.

March on :-)
Hi NewDay! If you can't get around avoiding the aisle just look at the price tags and not the bottles. I think we all can have a life we only dreamed of. Do you do a vision board? I have an ipad app for that and I'm having fun finding images of how I see myself living. Not really lots of material things but anything that just looks fun or beautiful or meaningful. Not one pair of shoes but there is a house on a beach I got my eye on.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

flibbertigibbet.

go on, google it.
Flibbertigibbet is a Middle English word referring to a flighty or whimsical person, usually a young woman. In modern use, it is used as a slang term, especially in Yorkshire, for a gossipy or overly talkative person. Its origin is in a meaningless representation of chattering. [1]

IM NOT GOSSIPY or young. The rest may apply. That will be my word for the day tomorrow. He's back!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

I wonder how much money we have -- collectively -- saved since we began the sobriety lark? I reckon I'm easily saving $80 a week, take out the treats and it would still be a good $60. $320 in one month, that's a lot when your income is not large.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
I wonder how much money we have -- collectively -- saved since we began the sobriety lark? I reckon I'm easily saving $80 a week, take out the treats and it would still be a good $60. $320 in one month, that's a lot when your income is not large.
I bet there is an app for that. I will start looking now