Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 9

Old 04-06-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Toots, you are a kind and wise woman. I feel better already thinking of swinging as high as I can in the dark! Why I haven't done any such thing since I was a little girl! I'd take my Westie out with me but silly girl always walks in front of the swing and gets kicked in the head (sigh). The Scottie has enough sense to stay away. Something tells me Molly wouldn't put herself in such peril either.

I suppose the move is finally hitting me and I hate to get all dramatic about it. AV turns up at the most inconvenient times, doesn't he??

Hope you are well, dear Toots, sounds like you are and lucky that it's your turn to sleep indoors tonight!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Administrator

Duffster - hanging outside playing with your children on a swing set doesn't sound like much of a loss to me

D
Old 04-06-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey I'm with Dee on that one Duffster! Oh and Molly would try to climb on the swing with me I think!!
As for the camping, we actually set the tent up indoors!! Gson doesn't do mud or beasties!!!
I can hear hubby snoring away in the other room, poor pet is not feeling well but refused to swap places. I'll try not to feel too guilty as I snuggle down in my soft bed!

Sometimes it does us good to remember our inner child, And let them out to play, remember that little girl had so much fun on those swings and not a drop of alcohol in sight!

Be safe.x
Old 04-06-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Y'all are all so dayum funny. Wish I could celebrate with you.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Y'all are all so dayum funny. Wish I could celebrate with you.
How you keeping Trach? Been thinking of you
Old 04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can rejoin the gang anytime you like Trach

D
Old 04-06-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey trachy! Good to hear from you! Stay close by, we all need to know you're ok. Fight the good fight my man x
Nite all x
Old 04-06-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Night toots Sleep well. Thanks for calling me gorgeous before

I'm off to bed too. Morning to all the Aussies, have a great Sunday!
Panache I didn't bump into you on the old xbox tonight but we'll get something sorted soon.

Take care all
Old 04-06-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Hope everyone is well. It takes quite a while to read through these posts lol. AV has been rearing its ugly head. Very depressed at the moment which is weird since all should be good. Its a beautiful weekend and I got a promotion of sorts at work. All I want to do is hang out in my house alone and drink and watch TV/movies. Ughhhhh...
Old 04-06-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

I find doing something helps Kelly - even if it's just a walk, or a bit of cleaning...anything to get the blood moving

D
Old 04-06-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Thanks Dee. I think its being depressed that's causing it. I did so well the first 5 weeks but since this one night of slipping three weeks ago it's been a lot harder for some reason. Think I am going to hit the bed earlier than usual so I can silence the AV.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

I read every word you all say. I just ipad it and I got the same problem with going back.

I cleaned my patio all afternoon because it is an absolutely beautiful day. Previous ritual would call for a picture of my feet up on my patio table with a bottle of wine after completing. Now I got my feet up still in my work boots with a coconut water. I have to admit the thought of wine crossed my mind but left before I could even remember what it was i was thinking. Goldfish attention span may have its benefits. Oh look, a shiny thing. What was I saying?

I wish I lived next door to all of you. Especially if you are lonely. I would love to have each and everyone of you as my in person friend. After a few hours with me you would probably enjoy the solitude.

Sleep tight or get up and get moving wherever you are on this planet. xxxx
Old 04-06-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, well nighty night to the Poms, Scots and Irish and JC.

Lifetplant remember we are on the same time zone so please PM me anytime.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Shoes: love that atavar with your ugg boots -- you do know that ugg boots originated here in Oz?

Forabetterlife: Good for you on speaking up for yourself! I haven't had call to do that yet but, like you, I am thinking clearer and finding everything sharper and easier to communicate.

Argent: 200 quid with stuff on ebay? I must admit I have never sold stuff on ebay but what on earth were you selling?

Duffster: sad about your move meaning that your horse will be sold but from the other things you said it sounds like it will be a good move.

Natty: I love your comments, short or long, and every time I read your name I think of you waering your natty threads.

Northlander: I love the big love you send us, I really like both you and Jamie Oliver saying that.

Panache: your observations are often so sharp and accurate.

Clight: walking helps me heaps with my genetically high blood pressure.

mrBeagle: an Australian wouldn't think twice about you having a shower twice a day.

Black: are you "Black Irish" like me?

RaggedyMan: hold the wisp of thought about drinking behaviour, I think maybe we just need to hang onto that wisp and ignore AV.

ElizabethMarie: Good luck, let us know how the apartment viewing went.

bepresent: I've really cut down on the caffeine since I started experimenting with herbal teas. I drink coffee two or three times before midday and herbal after that.

kelly: How's your big paper going?

Babs: I hope you are having a good weekend away.

chuff: as lifetplant said you are practically on the same time zone as us with the new job.

toots: I love how you sum us all up and then come in with an apt observation from your life.

oocleanchickoo: how are you going?

T4: how are you settling in to the new life?

phebe: you sound like things are going pretty well, keep on that road.

snaggle: are you feeling good over this weekend?

yestofreedom: that party was a big time hurdle, I think you did brilliantly, not sure I could have so early.

newday: I really liked that you didn't give a name to AV, I was giving him too much prominence for a while.

trachy: give us a treat for the weekend and give us a few more words, you are part of the club.

Bud: you always put out a really good vibe.

JC: always remember that you are among friends here.

Sassy: I hope your stuff-to-do weekend is going well.

Dee: thank you -- as always. You may not be our daddy or our robot but you sure are our anchor.

If your name does not appear hear it's not because you've been forgotten, it's because I accidentally overlooked your name.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Duffster - hanging outside playing with your children on a swing set doesn't sound like much of a loss to me

D
As always, Dee, you have a gift for putting things in perspective.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Marcher - WOW! So good you are to keep track of everyone. Not only kind and lovely to address each of us here but so nice for me to read a recap of where everyone is as my mind isn't always so sharp.

Toots, your grandson sounds like my type of boy - I'm not into mud or beasties either. That said, just went out for that swing and it was FUN -- Such a good reminder to find that true clean fun we all used to have. Haven't laughed that much in a while.

Saw Flight tonight. So very sad. I'm still processing it. It's really hard to watch but I definitely would recommend it. Although most of us don't fly jetliners for a living I still think it could be any one of us on different levels. And of course Denzel...

Would love to hear what anyone thinks of the movie if you've seen it.

Trachemys - is everything ok? Keep checking in with us.

Thank you once again for being here when I needed you. I don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight so I'll be around. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Marcher13 ....I stole the Uggs from my boyfriend.....he got them when he went to Australia. He hasn't noticed they are missing yet. I will return them when he's not looking. I vote you and Toots as official Marcher club secretaries. That is so nice how you address people individually. Do you 2 have photographic memories?

Duffster, I can't do serious movies right now so I haven't seen Flight but I heard it was awesome. Denzel could be in a Pringles commercial and I would think he deserved an Oscar. He deserves an Oscar for everything he's ever been in.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers,

I hate being scarce but it's been crazy in too many ways to count.

It's great to hear about the successes in this group but I also want to note that I'm one of those incorrigibles who seem to keep slipping. I'm finally (after almost a year) starting to feel like I'm making significant progress and want to let my fellow Marchers who are still struggling know that you should never give up! It's really worth keeping at it -- as a matter of fact, YOU are really worth keeping at it. I know it feels discouraging at times but hanging in and trying again is still far better than giving up!

Love & (((hugs)))
Sassy
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
RaggedyMan: hold the wisp of thought about drinking behaviour, I think maybe we just need to hang onto that wisp and ignore AV.
Thanks! I ventured out tonight, hanging on to that thought, to watch sports with some friends (hesitated, but decided to test myself), drank about a litre of Canada Dry and am sitting here at 1:00 AM coherent and feeling quite groovy... Odd to observe others talking sh*t and continuously repeating themselves as they'd forgotten what they'd said five minutes previously, I quite enjoyed it ;-)

Now, to bed for proper sleep. G'night!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Duffster, I can't do serious movies right now so I haven't seen Flight but I heard it was awesome. Denzel could be in a Pringles commercial and I would think he deserved an Oscar. He deserves an Oscar for everything he's ever been in.
I get that - I was a bit emotional through the whole thing as it's still a little raw. It hits a little close to home right now. But well worth it when you're ready and Denzel does not disappoint!