Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 9

Old 04-06-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Hey Lifeplant - sorry to hear you are/were struggling - there are quiet times on the thread, usually when friends in the UK and Ireland have gone to bed. Seems those of us in North America haven't been as active and I think some of us have transitioned to the April class due to slips. There are usually a few people in the chat room (I went there when I wanted to drink and they talked me off the ledge) or there may be a 24-hour help line available to you in Australia - there are many of these in communities in Canada and the States. Hope you are okay, my friend.

Thanks peeps for the dicussion on the "moderation" delusion. I am on day 37 and this is when I think - gorsh, I don't have a problem. So I took a couple of those online Are You an Alcoholic? quizzes and was mortified. I answered completely honestly about the binges, drinking first thing in the morning, etc. etc. Basically when I hit "get results" my computer lit up all in red and a siren went off....

Closing in on 70 days smoke-free. When I add up the money I save between not smoking and not drinking, it makes some new vice an affordable option.

Big love to Sober Marchers across the globe!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

I'm with you on the baths Argent, been having 2 a day sometimes here! Great place to chill out
Old 04-06-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Woohoo my horsey came second! I think I won 3 quid :p
Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clight View Post
Hello everyone!

I know I have not been on for a couple of days but everything is going well. Tonight will be finishing day 9. Yesterday I finally seen my new doctor and the day before went for blood work. He put me on Paroxetine for Depression because he said I am a mess and it helps also with anxiety, alcoholism and a few other things. He wants me to see him in a month. Really nice guy that say me down first had seen my medical records and went through it all. He set me up with a alcohol counselor so I will see how it goes. I will see you all later in the evening till then have a great day!
That's is so awesome clight! It sounds like you are doing everything you need to do to feel better! Keep us posted how it goes. It found it very empowering to ask for help from professionals. It also taught me to be a good advocate for my own health. I'm happy for you.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by ArgentOfSilvae View Post
Woohoo my horsey came second! I think I won 3 quid :p
Excellent, Argent. Drinks are on you - or perhaps not.....
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
i don't know if i'm looking more or you Marchers are posting less? I'm struggling, big time.
Hey I'm really sorry, lifetplant. There's a lot of time zones here and it is quieter at the weekend. It's sometimes Sods law that your moment of "sh!t this hard" coincides with some downtime.

Don't let it stop you writing. Even if you're just writing in to what you feel is a vacuum of silence, the effect of a written rant can be quite cathartic and in sheer practical terms, keeps you away from picking up for another 5 mins. And that could be all the time you need for the worst to pass.

All strength my little green and white sympathizer!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Don't know if anyone is following this, but my money is on Louisville for the Final Four. (I did the brackets before Kevin Ware's injury.) For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, well, probably a good thing: lots of boozey parties during March Madness and the final four.

Here are some words of inspiration for all of us:
Old 04-06-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Northlander View Post
Here are some words of inspiration for all of us:
Lol. Ozzy is a walking billboard for sobriety

[edit] btw laughing at the quote not what drink/drugs have done to him which is terrible [\edit]
Old 04-06-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Hi Lifetplant. I felt that way too about fitting in the group. Then I said wtf. It helps me post how I'm feeling or what I'm thinking even if nobody sees or reads it. I'm off on time zones too and always feel like I'm playing catch up. Doesn't matter now. I catch up in my own little slow way. Every single one of us is different and we all contribute.

Journey to good health day 1. Went to store and bought green crispy things and sweet juicy things. I think they are called fruits and vegetables. Good thing I quit drinking or I wouldn't be able to afford them. It's expensive eating healthy! Heck, it's expensive eating! I'm going to butter up to people with gardens this summer. I'm 5'10 and I'm not saying how much I weight. Right up there with my age. Not relevant. I do just measure myself since I really don't care what the scale says. I just want to see inches go down in all the right places. I'm not overweight but I could use some serious toning.

There's a vision for you. I'm 5'10 and love heels. My height has been a blessing and a curse. I walk in a room and people generally remember me. In the past, that hasn't always been a compliment if you know what I mean.

I'm either hitting the gym or setting up my patio for summer. Either one requires activity so it's a start.

Have a great sober day or night everyone!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
I'm in 360...if only for reg updates on your shoes...or rather where you purchase them...have another addiction!!
You know Lifetplant, I don't think I've ever really purposely shopped for shoes. They search me out. They speak to me like food speaks to a top chef. I've never once bought a pair to work with an outfit. I do the opposite. A pair calls out my name and then I have to build from the feet up. If I were a nudist, I would be the only one on the beach with footwear. We all have our thing. It hasn't destroyed my life, my relationships, or my bank account so I don't care. I just like 'em. If I ever start giving them names or sleeping with them, I will go get help.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi all,
Hi lifetplant, sorry to hear you have been struggling, there have been many positive suggestions here so all ican say is ride it out and start making plans for the next time.
I have been busy with my job, and now have gson here for the night again, so sneaking a quick post while he batters his grandad!
Clight good to hear you sounding so positive
Hey chuff good to see you my main man! Have you heard from snuggs?
Ben, 2 baths a day?you will look like a prune soon!!
FBL, it's possible sobriety is putting you in control of your feelings, or you are gaining confidence and self esteem through beating drink as sobriea suggested. Whatever, I am glad you were able to speak out in a controlled way and get your point across. Folk will often take advantage of drunken confusion to win an argument, and you being sober will frustrate the heck out of them!

Going great Black, have a good weekend

JC into double figures tomorrow! Yeah!

Woohoo AofS, my gee gee came in 3rd
Hi Natty my favourite Jambo, how's you today
North, again with the perfect picture!!
360 I don't care who knows my age but my weight is a state secret between me and the guy who works the weigh bridge!!

Will try to read posts but may not get time to add anything, just hang in there folks
Old 04-06-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

@toots1 Thanks for involving every one in your posts, its means a lot even for a loner like me. God bless you.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JCMalta View Post
@toots1 Thanks for involving every one in your posts, its means a lot even for a loner like me. God bless you.
Hi JCMalta, I'm a natural introvert but a talker so don't mind me. You are never alone around here. There is always someone around who feels about the same as you do at the time. I have days where I just want to talk about stupid stuff and days where I poured my heart out. Some days I just read.

Toots is the best about recognizing everyone. Sassy has that talent too. Me..not so much. Attention span of a goldfish. I can't keep it all straight but I will try to do better.

If you ever need anything in particular you just throw it out here. I want to hear what you have to say.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

@360shoes, in fact I am finding lots of help here, reading in this forum is my best therapy, sincerely I'm finding it better than AA meetings. Thanks for your taught, here its 8.25pm and I'm relived that Saturday has nearly passed, it was not so plain sailing today but as they say: Calm seas never made skillful sailors
Old 04-06-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Nice quote JC, well done on making it through the day. Weekends are always the worst for me too. I don't want to tempt fate but there's no alcohol in the house and i'm confident tomorrow I'll be at 1 week sober once again.

Take care,
B
Old 04-06-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

hello friends havent been on here for a few days, TONS of posts to catch up on, will do that tonight after work when i have more time!!!! just popping in to say a quick hello to everyone. coming up on a month sober here!! cant believe it. anyhow, off to look at a new apartment, fingers crossed!!!!! time for new surroundings
Old 04-06-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

JC what a wonderful quote. Glad you posted that.

I've been quite quiet these past few days. Having one of my quiet times. You know when you don't have any input or don't really want to speak as much. I've seen it on this board before, in fact the amazing "Ken" was the same recently, sometimes you need your down time.

Reiterating Shoes comment, I do everything on my phone so it's hard to read back all threads and remember everyone's input then reply individually. I want you all to know, no matter who I address in my posts I am always thinking of YOU and willing YOU on individually (it's more instant, as I can't get chat on my phone and check emails regularly due to work). I get email notifications for private messages and would be more than happy to chat there if you're having a hard time/want to chat nonsense and the thread seems dead. Drop me a line, I'm a terrible sleeper so time zones aren't an issue. Never think you're alone friends. That's the last thing we want.

However I feel better, I'm back in business and want to catch up with you all.

Love to you all. Stay sober and strong.

Yours always, Panache. Xxx
Old 04-06-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

@MrBeagle, well done on 1 week my friend, good idea not keeping alcohol in the house

@Panache, thanks for reading my post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

I noticed you'd been a bit quiet Panache. Glad to know you're doing okay and feeling a bit better. I saw the photo of your dog you posted before, he is so cute! Very jealous here.

You've gotten me hooked on Breaking Bad now too, nearly done with the first series now, it's pretty good.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hey all

Well it's 8 o'clock and I didn't even realise what time it was until my chap suggested that we might want to put some tea on to eat.

I have been busy beavering away packaging up items I sold on eBay, made a whopping 200 quid today, I was quite surprised actually how much my unused tech made, I am now going to go through the rest of it and put that up as well.

So all in all an exciting day and my AV has left me alone.

Hope y'all have a good evening, I'm of to have some bolognese and watch some scantily clad men try to kill each other