Notices

Class of April 2013

Old 04-01-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I will join the 'Fools'! Stopped and slipped up again in March so I am back. So glad I am, too! Thanks for everything!!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Today is day 8, and I would like to join this group. I was in the March group, but wanted to start here for more support. I am a 34 dad, husband, and professional. This is not an easy journey, but I have to stay sober. God Bless.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Popping in to say hello and offer encouragement to all beginning their sober journey
Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Popping in to say hello and offer encouragement to all beginning their sober journey
Me too! you will find so much support. It is a great site! Sobriety just gets better and better as time goes on.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to all you new guys

D
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Back and Trying again

Starting again, nothing tragic happened other than I just really want to quit drinking.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Just wanted to welcome you to SR. I'm from the March group. I've kept a fairly low profile and don't post much, but I read every day, even twice a day. It has been a fabulous resource to keep me on track and i'm now thankfully celebrating 28 days sober. Good luck all, use the site as often as you can, particularly in those weak moments. It really does help to make you stop, and think for a minute before proceeding in autopilot to the bottle shop and the first drink.

It's not a walk in the park..........but nor is it a stumble in the gutter.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

on day four count me in on this tread also.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

April 1st, I won't get a better date than that. I've been in and out of sobriety so long now it's ridiculous. I hope to help people here and he some help. Lets do this!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

On day 2. It sure isn't easy to quit drinking, and its just as difficult to stay quit. As long as I keep trying, there is hope though.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Just wanted to send strength and words of encouragement for all of you quitting. It really is worth it and you CAN do it. I'm coming up for 4 months now and life is so so much better than it was.Stick with it and you'll be ok
Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi all, I would like to be a part of the April group. I have struggled for some time now with alcohol and have been unsuccessful with quitting on my own. Will post more later, but wanted to sign up now. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and helping one another! This is just too hard to do on our own
Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just getting dinner ready for my visitors and no wine while cooking, drinking hot water in a pint glass. this is a change for me as I always had a glass on wine on the go while cooking especially on holiday weekends. My visitors are brilliant as one of them is a reformed alcoholic and his partner never touched the stuff. So no booze in site just plenty of good irish grub.

WELCOME ABOARD APRIL FOLK.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Can anyone say that the daily obsession and craving for alcohol goes away with time?? So tired of it always creeping into my head! I have a 3 year old daughter who I want to be healthy and happy for, mentally and physically.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
All is Change

Yes. (The progressive nature of alcoholism does not.)
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm back-I'm in. What a great day/date for a new start!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Only a fool (me) who has a beautiful family and career would let alcohol interfere in my health and sanity. I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first post. Thank you for letting me join the April class.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
Hi all,
Just wanted to welcome you to SR. I'm from the March group. I've kept a fairly low profile and don't post much, but I read every day, even twice a day. It has been a fabulous resource to keep me on track and i'm now thankfully celebrating 28 days sober. Good luck all, use the site as often as you can, particularly in those weak moments. It really does help to make you stop, and think for a minute before proceeding in autopilot to the bottle shop and the first drink.

It's not a walk in the park..........but nor is it a stumble in the gutter.
Congratulations on 28 days!! I am joining the April group just because I think I am always a beginner at this. Had 13 years, then 1-1-1 then 21 and STILL drank (AT my husband this time) so I am back (one day at a time) although my sobriety date is Feb. 13 this year.

Your post reminded me of something I have oft heard: "When you are in the gutter, the curb is your horizon." Here's to getting onto the curb, from which the world becomes your horizon, Pamel
Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone -

I'm in. On Day 3 right now.

I'm 33 years old, male, professional. Been drinking since I was 14, heavily for the past 4 years or so. Have a lot going on in personal/professional life right now, some a little scary, but I think that needs to be even a stronger reason to quit now. Because when I drink, the fears don't go away, they just get postponed and come back twice as strong the next day.

So I'm here. Thanks for including me.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Let's do this guys!