Notices

Class of April 2013

Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Milly4me, when I am craving that glass of wine, I keep telling myself I am 41 years old and want to be around to see my little girl grow up. Every time I drink I am hurting myself (hope I haven't already damaged my liver, etc). I know where that one glass of wine will lead and I am so tired of waking up in the morning in a fog. So instead I am having sparkling water with slice of lemon. Hope I can stay strong.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I quit drinking on 3/31/13. Going though withdrawal now. Main issue is my head. My brain feels weird, fuzzy, I have a slight headache. I can tell that my body is detoxing, I just have to get through this and I'm sure I'll feel better.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Ladybug - I read somewhere on this board something like, it's in your power to choose the first drink, but after that first drink, the second, third, etc, drinks are not in your power - alcohol takes that power away from you. So I try to keep that in mind when I'm thinking "a glass of wine would be so good right now". I can CHOOSE not to have ONE glass of wine, but I CAN'T choose not to have a whole bottle if I've had that first glass.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Welcome Wanttobepure! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Remember to drink plenty of water. Hopefully that might help with the headache.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm in! With this being day #4 for me, technically I started in March but if I can make it through this month I'll be in awesome shape! As I mentioned in my intro post, I haven't made it through day #4 for quite some time. Today will be different because I now realize the only choice I have is whether I consume that first drink or not. Not going to do it!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome bblackbirdflyy, coffeeinstead, teesider, BobbyJim, Tyre, Hanker, wantytobepure and Skyhawk

D
Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

There are loads of us in April class! must be a good month!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by milly4me View Post
Welcome Wanttobepure! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Remember to drink plenty of water. Hopefully that might help with the headache.
Thank you milly4me, I've been drinking coffee but not enough water, I'll get right on it!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wanttobepure View Post
Thank you milly4me, I've been drinking coffee but not enough water, I'll get right on it!
Welcome wanttobepure

I've been taking water for 4 days - the unhangover is amazing!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 2.....so far so good. tough part coming up. chores done, now don't know what to do. for me this is the toughest part of the day.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by raamblingokie View Post
Day 2.....so far so good. tough part coming up. chores done, now don't know what to do. for me this is the toughest part of the day.
Computer games, knitting, running, long bath, cooking...
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 3 here. Had a good morning. Went to sketch after the walkies with my dog.
Got a decent study done. Came home and tried to use my drawing tablet.
Not happening. Little too shaky for the ol' tablet. Looks like I tied my stylus to a break-dancing gerbil.

Wanttobepure: I'm drinking water like it is the last liquid on Earth.

Headed to the pub to retrieve my credit card from Saturday night. It looked pretty gross. 11am, people already there...doing their thing.

Was a lot harder signing that slip today than it would have been Saturday night--Wow. What a good reminder.

Hope all are well today. We can do this!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I posted the "day 1" thread...just wanted to post here to join.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScoutBall View Post
Wanttobepure: I'm drinking water like it is the last liquid on Earth.
Another one on the hard stuff...it's all up from here!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I don't know what others are doing...but with my new found sober brain...I'm starting to eat much better also...not a takeaway pizza since...and I love pizza...no candy either...just a strange craving for supermarket preroasted roast chicken...
Old 04-02-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Raamblingokie, this is the hardest part of the day for me, too. Husband works a lot of nights, from home, and my little one is winding down. Will be on this site a lot during this time of day.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Heidy

D
Old 04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

End of Day 5 for me. DH is travelling, home alone with the kiddos. We had an all right night, still overwhelmed by sudden urges.

Wanttobepure - My head still doesn't feel right either, but it's better than yesterday. Hang in there, I'm right there with you! My ears keep ringing too. Weird.

LadyBug - I've got a little girl too. Hang in there mama!

Heidy & Skyhawk - Welcome!

Medion - thanks for the list of possible activities. I just finished washing the windows. Your list sounds much more fun!

Milly4Me - I gave up the 1 mo. chip today at the meeting and replaced it. I'm glad I didn't have to wait until next week, as I said, I think I would have been too attached by then. I sat after I picked the kids up from the bus and fidgeted with it for a while in the car before I went in and joined them. My kids can be a bit wound up when they get home and it's a big trigger for me. It was nice to have something tangible to hold on to.

I may be back later tonight. I still need sleep, but I'm just as likely to be up all night. I may take some melatonin tonight to see if I can battle back the insomnia. That's the herb they give people for jet lag. It's good (honest) stuff. Better than drinking myself to sleep.

Welcome to everyone I missed! Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Tuesday night is "game night" for me.
Bunch of us dorks get together online and blow things up, and whatever else.
Lot of the fellas in the voice chat will be drinking tonight--and last week I certainly was too.
Maybe this is messed up, but I bought myself a 6 pack of Cokes.
The damn can feels natural, and that ridiculous sound of opening it is somehow comforting.
(Re-reading that. It IS messed up. Not maybe). But anyway. I'm not drinking. I figure if this works, fabulous.
Since we all know well and good I couldn't go my usual route.
Looking forward to a Wednesday just like this morning. Clear headed, and ready for a bit of a walk.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Well I'm back again! It looks like a good group n want to join