Notices

Class of March 2013 part 3

Old 03-13-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm late to this thread. I promise I've been good
Night four for me, and today was massive. Got up at 6:30 am to go to a psychologist appointment at 9, then called a bunch of places looking for job interviews.
11:30 I got offered a job interview at 1pm. "Sure" I thought, "I can get there by one". As I have NO money (I drank it all last week on my payday), I managed to get a voucher from an employment agency to get some interview clothes.
I left the building at about 11:40 and had a 15 min walk in the obscene heat to go to the shop where I could get my clothes. Ran around in a frantic manner trying to find decent, not homely interview clothes (lost my glasses when drunk last week [the event that finally made me decide to quit bloody drinking] so shopping is an ordeal. At least I'm blind and not blind drunk, eh, EH?). I would grab a few things, frantically try them on, decide against them, quickly put my clothes back on and go get some more. One time I grabbed a pair of pants, ran quickly back to the change room, took off my clothes again to try the pants with a shirt and realised they were SHORT INSEAM PANTS ( as in, there are short legged, average legged, and long legged.) and I have freaking long ass legs.
Time is ticking by and I still have to walk 15 minutes back to the train station and get to a different suburb.
Finally I found a suitable outfit and checked out. Went into the mall toilets and changed into work clothes and frantically tried to fix the makeup that had drifted across my face in a tidal wave of sweat. Left for the train station. "It's okay, Wilting, just power walk. Actually **** it, just RUN" so I sprinted for a kilometre and a half.... in the wrong direction. Did I mention I had a terrible sense of direction. I didn't? Oh. I have a terrible sense of direction.
"But hark! Signs of civilisation appear again!"
I, having ten minutes to make a 30 minute trip, suddenly remembered that my lovely grandmother had insisted on giving me money for lunch. Money that I insisted I didn't need. Money that she insisted I take anyway, just in case. I sprinted around the corner (makeup once again displaced by torrential perspiration) "TAXI!!!"
"Where to?"
"Job-interviewland, but only so far as $20 can take me"
He gave me a look. That skeptical, distrustful, almost judgmental look.
"Here. See, I have the money!"
"You can get the next cab"
"I'm sorry?"
"Catch the next cab."
Far out! Guess he didnt like the look of me. Got out and was on the verge of a full-on panic attack. Involuntary tears further smudging my once carefully placed face-enhancing paint.
AV piped up (weakly. Very weakly. Not even in words, really. A half perceived thought) "lets feel sorry for ourselves and have a drink". A taxi pulled up.
"Where to?"
I repeated my earlier spiel about the destination and the funds I had.
"Are you okay?" Mr taxi asked, genuinely concerned.
7 mimutes later, makeup having submitted once again to the will of my shaking hands, we pull up outside the building.
I was one minute late. No big deal at all, really. Went in, had the interview. Got the job. Start on Friday.
Wait. What? Oh yeah, you heard me ("read me").
It's a crappy job, but I can only work full time for another month before I resume working on my diplomas, and I GOT THE JOB!! I didn't listen to AV and feel sorry for myself or give up. I got my **** together and did what I had to do.
Obviously this is a story about the annoying minutiae of day to day activities, and not some massive event or tragedy, but I'm still pleased with me dealing with stress and coping without giving up and drowning my (first world) sorrows.
As for the rest of the day. I got home at about 3 p, then a friend came over to help me install the dread extensions I've been making. They aren't the best but they work for me ^.^
Wow,I just realised ow much I have just babbled. And since it is 1 hour and 13 minutes into day five, I can't be bothered editing or proof reading. So here is the initial babble.
much much love!
A
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I also just realised I was quite severely falling asleep off and on for most of typing that. That was weird. I don't even remember what I said. I think I was almost dreaming.
Sorry it was messy
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Wilting, what a success story!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Nice one wilting
Mick
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sneaking in here - day 1 for me
Old 03-13-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well, just a couple of days and the night sweats are gone, the anxiety is lessened, the arm isn't tingling, any sense of vertigo while driving is diminished, and my body feels good. All of that is enough to never want a repeat of last weekend! Happy sober "hump day" to all!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Marchers snaggle
Mick
Old 03-13-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hello Mr Beagle
Hows it going today?
Mick
Old 03-13-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Really tired this morning and feeling a bit down. But am going to get the things I planned to get done anyway and I'm sure that will make it better. Hope all are well and will check back in later.

T
Old 03-13-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hungover, and back on day 1. My last day 1.

I started on page 1 of this thread and read through every post. Lots of talk about AV, AVRT, etc. Wow, is everything SO TRUE about the beast and its inability to act, only talk. Because it was chattering away yesterday and I totally recognized it and chose to act for it. I took the day off of work to get a bunch of stuff done and to let my body rest after the sheer hell that I've put myself through the last month. I slept in, worked on all of the things that I needed to do, looked around and the beast said, Hey, no one's here and no one will be here for another couple hours. You did good today, got things taken care of. And I was off to the races. I even told myself going into it that I wouldn't be able to stop after just a couple and I did it anyway. Stupid.

Nothing went tragically wrong. No DUI, no arrests, no fights, no wrecked cars or hospital visits (can't believe that all of those things have actually happened, even now). But I couldn't get up this morning and I don't feel good and I didn't spend the evening playing with my kids like I wanted to. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. That's it. This is a no-brainer. Even when nothing bad happens it sucks.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

To Babs: Ah, the old water bottle trick. I heard Mel Gibson did that at the time he was arrested, and what did I think? "What a great idea!" I used it to sneak past my RA hubby. Nice, right?

TO ALL MY SOBER MARCHER BUDDIES:

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1ST, 10TH, 14TH, AND EVERY DAY IN BETWEEN. IF YOU WENT TO BED AND WOKE UP SOBER, GOOD ON YOU!

On a side note, has any other female on the board noticed a decided improvement in their undereye circles/puffiness, skin tone? I could have saved a lot of dough on eye creams if I had done this sooner. LOL.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Howdy..starting day 6 here and doing good. This time feels weird. I've had so many stints of 6 days but this time it has felt so much longer...maybe because I'm more involved with my plan.

I got screamed at by my boss yesterday afternoon (also an alky) and felt totally humiliated. Not just for being screamed at in front of people but because I was right and protecting our office/clients. Anyway, he apologized but I was still pretty hurt and it reinforced my desire to find a different line of work in the near future (have been here 10 years). Anyway, on my drive home it took every ounce of me to fight my body/mind from driving to the corner bar to drink it all away. But I went home and worked out instead. Progress for sure and was happy after those cravings passed. Church tonight and meeting tomorrow at lunch.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
NorCaliGirl

Hi Fellow Marchers -

On day 10, double-digits, whoohoo! Woke up with a headache and fighting off a cold, but at least I know it's the cold causing the headache and not from a hangover! So even though I'm feeling icky I'm feeling good!

Keep it up everyone....we can do this!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well done for resisting riverfriend
Mick
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Oh, and I'm going to a meeting tonight. I didn't go all weekend, then couldn't go Monday morning and decided not to go anywhere yesterday and it got me right back into the same thinking. So, meeting tonight. I have to be accountable.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey T4Texas - I've been down a few days, but feel like the curtain is lifting.

Welcome Snaggle - any relation to Snaggle Puss the cartoon character?

Noexcuse - even when nothing bad happens it's still bad if you feel bad. We are rooting for you on day one.

Congrats to everyone who woke up sober and support to those beginning day one.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Well done that girl
Snap....Im on day 10 too....and I have a headache...but sober and lovin it
Mick
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

For all of us Marchers that feel down today, I hope that it doesnt last too long.
For everyone joining us Marchers at day 1, whichever day 1, Welcome aboard
Mick
Old 03-13-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chuff1 View Post
Hello Mr Beagle
Hows it going today?
Mick
Hey Chuff i'm very well actually, how about you? Eating like an absolute horse here!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thats cool..I eat very well nowadays too, and really enjoy it, Im having a good day, managed to get a job that I went for, which means I can feed the cat! Got a headache again...thought they had gone, but sober.
Glad your well...you certainly read as if you are very together
Mick