View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
nomis
Recognizes the Beast

Hello folks!

Good to be back, thanks for all the well wishes from everybody. All the health issues have been cleared up (knock on wood) and I'm ready to jump back into recovery mode.

Infected teeth are no fun people. No fun at all. The best way I could describe it, it was as if something was dying a slow terrible death inside my mouth. Then I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, to the point where I was making trips to the bathroom every couple of hours, day and night for four days. But successful root canal today and the stomach issues have cleared up. Never, ever want to go through something like that again.

Day 80 for me here. Not a really significant number, but a couple of years ago when I tried to get sober I made it to 75 days. So this means I have officially been sober now for the longest period in 18 years. Couldn't have done it without you Novies.

Good to hear most people are doing well. June, condolences, tragedies are big challenges for us in early sobriety and it sounds like you are handling it perfectly.

And Sistrella, you do realize you are rubbing poo-poo in my face every time you mention that Panamanian weather to this Canuck (where we just got another 5 centimeters of snow yesterday).