Old 02-10-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

believe in yourself IP - we do!

D
Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marine28 View Post
One minute ago I became 90 days sober! Whodathunk???
Congrats on hitting 90 days, Marine. I admire your steadfastness. You are doing it.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

IP, good luck with the article.

Am slowly getting back to pre-holiday shape (for me the holiday season runs from Thanksgiving until SuperBowl weekend)…lol, so I've been increasing my veggie input, working out more, and cutting white flour. Sigh. Nothing is every easy, is it?

Watched "Flight" recently and was touched by Denzel Washington's portrayal of the alcoholic pilot. Hard to admit that certain moments rang true for me emotionally. Thinking some in our group have seen it, but I can't recall who…if you haven't, I recommend it.

Hope we all have a good & sober night and week.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Just learned of the death of a fine young man who my husband and I knew. 30 years old he died from liver failure due to alcohol abuse. Sigh. Four deaths in my circle of family and friends in as many months. I had a craving for wine again tonight...that got rid of it real fast. I am sad, though. He had so much talent and had a lot of life ahead of him. Alcohol is nasty.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear Marine. I am so glad to know you are doing well! Your job-circumstances- etc prove that you are stronger than the disease.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Marine, congrats on your 90 days! I knew you could do it. So sorry to hear about your friend. That is tol bad. Sending good vibes your way.

IP, I hope the draft goes over well. I hate conflict too. Hope to hear about it soon.

I did my first Half Marathon yesterday!!!!!!!! Wooohooo who would have thought I could or would do that??? So proud of myself..Ran it in 2 hours 21 minutes. I am sore, but it was worth it. Now I have to sign ul for another something....not sure yet.

Also thinking about applying for my managers job....she is transferring to anothed job in the hospital. I spoke to her manager and the doctor that I work with. Both told me that I would be great at it...so I am updating my resume and trying to not freak out ..I will keep you posted..

Also told my husband that he reminds me..the counting drinks, negotiating, doing well for a day or so then drinking again. He basically said he hasnt grown up yet and it took me 46 years to stop drinking and he is not that old....hmm. I dont really know what to say to that..

We are just on different wave lengths...
Old 02-11-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Marine.

D
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Sorry Marine. You really have dealt with a lot of hardship lately. You are so strong to do it sober. So sad to hear of someone so young taken by alcohol. So needless.

YEAH TRES. Way to go, woman. You are an inspiration to me.

Hi Darren and Van and Dee, thanks for the encouragement! I finished the stupid article tonight and handed it in, after FRETTING over it internally all weekend. I haven't sent it to the guy but I think I will tomorrow. If he asks me to change anything I'll just say sorry, it's up to my editor. He really would be quite nervy to ask me that, he know's it's a faux pas. Anyway.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Keep us posted IP.

Marine I hope you are having a great day.

Hi Bimm, Vantrina, Dee, Catfry, Darren. Hope everyone is having a sober happy week.

Today I spoke to my manager about taking her job. She had heard from the doctor that I spoke with. She was supportive also. Then her manager wanted to touch base. She and the others seem like its a done deal. I sort of feel rushed. I have known the higher up nurse manager for 20 years. She precepted me when I first came to this hospital. She knows me very well. I guess I should feel happy that they all feel so confident in me.

I am feeling good that I got my Bachelors degree when I was right out of highschool. A lot of my coworkers are raising families and going to school,plus working. They are not qualified to apply for this position. I feel like I should take the opportunity since it is right in front of me.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Tres - congrats! You should be very proud that they think so highly of you. It is probably a bit scary with it all happening so fast, but you will be fine! Go for it!!!! And congrats on the run!! I need to take up running...I need a goal for something besides work.

IP - thinking good thoughts for you and your article. Good luck!

Vant - I saw Flight and it was awesome.

Darren, Dee, Bimm, and anyone else I forgot - hi and hope,you are having a good week.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

The article turned out good and I haven't sent it to him yet. Actually I just keep forgetting about it.

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you all are well!

Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Just wanted to check in.

I'm still sober.

Doing good, going to a University graduated from a community college in Dec. Only took me 4 1/2 for a 2 year degree.

I found my major and I plan on sticking with it. However, school is expensive, my parents will pay for it, if I don't mess up like I did in 2010 at a different school.

Still going to AA however I've been working this Job at Panera alot at least 5 days of the week, I have been cutting back tho.

I've just been very busy. Which is good, staying outta trouble.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,

Jeb, good for you. Sounds like you are in a good place, glad to hear you are doing well.

Tres, man….a half marathon! You rock.

InPartic, happy to hear you finished your article…is that your dog in your avatar? S/he is beautiful.

Marine, sad to hear about the death of your friend.

Hope everyone had a good day today. Happy Valentine's Day. Had a nice night with the family.

Really not much going on right now…which is fine with me.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Happy Valentines day. Nice night home with family. Hubby has not drank all week.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Tres it sounds like your husband is on the slow road to recovery. It really does, doesn't it? The stretches of abstinence and binges. I bet being with you is a constant influence and reminder for him (in a good way) of what could be.

Hi Van! Good to hear all is calm with you.

Hi Jeb! You are kicking a**! Thanks for checking in on us!

Hey Marine, Darren and Bimm!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Its definitley the slow road. He took us out tonight for dinner and did not drink. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Just had a small revelation, that maybe everyone isn't mad at me, all the time. I know that doesn't make sense, but I wanted to get it "out there".

Glad to hear that about your dinner Tres.

How are you Marine? You've been quiet.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

I am here, IP. Thanks for the concern.

I went to a party last night and drank diet coke and watched others get drunk and do the Zumba dance. In my days of drinking,I would have been right out there, too. Nowadays I find parties boring. Actually, I had heard it was going to be a "fix-up" with some single guest attending, but as it turned out, I was the only single person out of maybe 70-75 people. Sometimes I am ready to date again, and other times not. My husband will be dead 3 years this summer and it still feels like yesterday. Not a good time to start dating anyway, with the quitting drinking. Also, my Mother is coming for a visit for a few weeks.

We have a cold front moving into South Florida tonight and the weather service actually issued a wind chill warning and suggested everyone wear a hat and gloves. Getting down to the 30's!!! Crazy weather patterns these days.

Not much going on. Have the 3-day holiday weekend so need to find something to do. I wish it was beach weather as that is what I would be doing!!! Maybe I can go play golf somewhere.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Just checking in…doing chores and going to go to the gym in a bit.

Trying to appreciate the new realization that I am not only much more productive and creative these days, but also so much more clear headed. It is becoming more obvious in terms of my productive output at work and at home. Gifts all around.

Marine, thanks for sharing. Not always easy…I admire that you drank Diet Coke & hung out for a while at the party. Sometimes you are just not in a dancing mood., ya know? One day you will be. No matter, two and a half years is not all that long a time, in terms of the death of your husband. Hope this comes out the way I intend it to, but I hope you will continue to be gentle with yourself. I see you as a remarkably resilient woman. You've got a lot of things going on now. I have no doubt much will eventually settle and things will eventually be so much easier for you on a lot of fronts. 30 degrees is crazy for Florida, by the way. wow. Hope there is golfing or shopping or just hanging out in store for you this weekend.

Have a good and sober Saturday everyone.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Well, I survived another month of Kasserole Klub. Actually, these get togethers do seem to be grating on me less and less. The 5 men sat in the kitchen and shot the breeze. One of the guys had exactly one beer and one glass of wine and a single beer. The rest of us had soft drinks. The women on the other hand were in a distant room and were plowing through the wine in copious quantities. As the evening wore on the volume of drunken laughter amped up considerably. Glad I was as far away of possible.

Not much else happenin' down here in the holler, but thought I"d check in.