Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 7

Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Tres, I am sorry to hear about what you are dealing with on the home front.

The chili cook off sounds like fun. A good time, for sure. Lucky you to judge.

Enjoyed last night, more so for my direct access to triple melted cheeses on the nachos. Actually had fun with the family since everyone was at different stages with homework despite all the SuperBowl hype.

Made me realize just how much more present I am in my life as a sober person. I'm seeing the nuances of how sobriety can positively impact everyone…

Not saying everything is a cakewalk, but just noticing the sensation & the impact of being more fully present for myself and those in my life.

Good wishes everyone for a good and sober night & day.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Ugh, Tres, gross. That sucks.
Van it's nice to see you back on here regular again.
I have to go do school stuff.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support my friends. It was gross IP! He did clean it up this time before two days went by. I dont think he felt so good today either...

Tonight he is justifying it because he had been doing so well.....his words. I see my old self in him...thats how I was..always negotiating with myself...so crazy. Its ok to get trashed, pass out and puke all over...I have not done it in a month!

I went to an AA meeting tonight...I thought it would be good for me. It was helpful as always.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I need to get to an AA meeting... it does help. Travelling to freezing cold Connecticut and Massachusetts tomorrow for work. What was I thinking when I agreed to that????!!!! Back to FL on Thursday.
Anyway, one of my friends from back home spent one year in AA about 6 years ago and decided she was not an alcoholic. She has controlled her drinking ever since. Never has more than one glass of wine with her dinner.....ever!!!! Wish I could be like that. But, I know I'm not and I never will be. But it's nice to dream sometimes....maybe she really is/was not an alkie.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno marine - maybe she's not alcoholic - or maybe there's a lot more going on that she's letting on...or maybe the simple act of keeping to that one glass is making her miserable...

in the end tho, it doesn't matter - we know what we are and how that would play out for us...

D
Old 02-05-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Dee, you are spot on. I know I cant do that one glass only thing..
Old 02-05-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I could once or twice to prove I could. miserable feeling
Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Yeah, I know how it would end for me. No good!!!

I got a craving on the plane today. Got upgraded to the front of the bus....the lady next to me ordered a Chardonnay and the bottle passing in front of my face while the flight attendant poured it was almost too much. But I just drank my 6th diet coke of the day and then the craving passed.

The airports are hard. Flight delays, bars everywhere. The client I had dinner with had two glasses of Cab....it looked soooo good. I had a bottle of Pellegrino with lime.

SIGH.....
Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Business travel can be the worst...lots of stress and lots of free time. Good for you, Marine for handling all those triggers with such aplomb. I hear that a snow storm is heading for New England, so i'd get home as quickly as possible. As a former resident of that area, I can attest that February storms (Nor'easters) can be the worst. Safe and sober travels, my friend.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Bimm- I am OUTTA HERE first thing tomorrow morning. A foot of snow expected!!!!! And definitely a Nor'Easter!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Safe travels Marine.

Hubby was barfing three days ago but he bought beer and is back at it again tonight with the neighbors...Iguess thats what we do... Now my daughter is talking about it...'Is daddy going to be drunk when he comes home tonight?'

I had a great day. Worked 11 hours, then choir practice till 8pm. Singing is really a stress reliever.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by Tres View Post
Hubby was barfing three days ago but he bought beer and is back at it again tonight with the neighbors...Iguess thats what we do... Now my daughter is talking about it...'Is daddy going to be drunk when he comes home tonight?'
Tres-

That is so sad. I hope things work out for you and especially your kid. I was so hoping he'd clean up his act.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Oh, dammit Tres, that's too bad. Well hopefully the pendulum will swing the other way again.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Sorry Tres. Glad you have a stress release with your singing !
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

One minute ago I became 90 days sober! Whodathunk???
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marine28 View Post
One minute ago I became 90 days sober! Whodathunk???
All right Marine! You rock! You are truly a trooper, I admire you for having stuck with it and not given up.

Glad you're still with us!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Marine

D
Old 02-09-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Way to go, Marine. We all knew you could do it.
Congrats!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Thanks! I am very fond of our little group, even though i am a bit "out of synch" with my stop date. You all are so nice and supportive.

I try not to think about counting the days too much. Maybe it's my way of dealing with it. I don't really think about drinking that much anymore, though when I see a dirty martini, my stomach does little backflips. So crazy!

I hope everyone out there in the Northeast is safe, dry and warm. I saw on the news this morning that there are 650,000 without power. Crazy these weather patterns we are having, isn't it? I got out of Connecticut just in time on Thursday. They got 38 inches of snow where I was.

Have a great rest of the weekend.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Have the flu, ugh. So gross.
About six people have responded to my bullying ad, adults who were bullied as children who will talk to me about how the effects of bullying affected them through life and still does today. I'll be meeting with some of them this week.
I'm procrastinating handing in this article I wrote for the school magazine about a high-profile editor in town. I interviewed him and it's not the most positive article, and I'm afraid of his judgement on my writing too. He wants to see a draft first which is actually pretty unprofessional of him to ask. He should know that that's totally uncool.
It comes back to my old fear of criticism issues. I HATE conflict.
Well I'll turn it in today.