Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 7

Old 01-18-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Bimm, that is so funny. I have never heard that. I can see why it makes sense.

Darren, that is a beautiful part of the state. You shouldn't swing down towards St. Pete Beach. That's one of my favorites.

Family dinner out tonight. Hubby drank tea.... We had a very nice time. I think he is trying.

Where are my ladies out there??
Old 01-18-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Ugh. I had a horrible day. My grandmother passed away and I was so upset that I locked myself out of the condo again!!!! I noticed a wasp nest being built on the outdoor porch light so after I came in, naturally putting all my keys, purse, phone down in the kitchen, I went outside to spray with wasp repellant and the door locked behind me. I went to a neighbors who I have not yet met and knocked on the door. They were having a party and let me come in to call a locksmith. They offered me wine and I damn near took it. I didn't though. ThS time the locksmith who came had to drill the lock, so now besides $150 again to get in, the entire locks need to be replaced. Need to talk to the landlord and of course I will need to pay for it. I feel so stupid and I feel like sobbing. Have to get up at 3am to catch a 6 am flight back home to handle funeral arrangements. It could be worse but I am just so upset. The neighbors were very nice and so I will need to do something nice for them when I get back.
Sorry to be a downer, but I feel like I will just breakdown. This is the time I need a sponsor. Took half a Valium to help me sleep. Bye for now.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss marine.
Keep reaching out.

D
Old 01-19-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Marine-
I'm very sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Gramdmothers are special, I know mine was.
Your are in my thoughts and I wish you peace and sobriety during this difficult time.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Sorry Marine for this rough time. Keep checking in with us.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh Marine, I am sorry for your loss and added stress. Deep breath.... Relax. Cry if you need to.

Keep posting here. We are here for you.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Tres-it just struck me what you said: your hubby drank TEA??? That's amazing and you must have been so happy!!! You've done something right-whatever it is keep it up!! Maybe he got tired of fighting too.

Here's one for the ladies. Don't know if you're into boots but I found a beautiful pair of vintage Salvatore Ferragamo boots for twenty dollars yesterday!!!!! Sometimes living in the city is okay after all.....

Worked at the school for six hours today, just me all alone in a computer lab editing film. So tedious.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

IP - sounds like a great deal on the boots! I was also in a vintage store yesterday - got a very cool 70's looking halter top shirt, kinds of long and multi-colored. Will go great with jeans and now I just have to find a pair of heels to go with it. My Mom said its very Florida looking. LOL.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Cool shopping finds! I love boots. I have several pairs or riding and cowboy boots. I love to wear the cowboy boots with dresses.

Yes hubby drank only tea this past Friday night also. Don't get me wrong, he still drinks quite a bit, but has slowed down some. I Really enjoy him sober.

Went to an outdoor art festival yesterday with my daughter. We had such a nice time. I found a cool pair of hammered aluminum dangly earrings.. Like I need another piece of jewelry.. Lol My daughter found a beautiful painting of a peacock. Oriental, very pretty. We need to get it framed.

Back to work tomorrow, yuc. My mom is coming on Thursday. Yay. She is staying about 10 days. I am happy!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Snowed here tonight. Can't wait to get back to Florida.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Love the shopping talk! (Sorry Bimm)

So we apply for five-week full time internships as part of our program, and I got one of the best ones, at one of the best papers in the city. I'm going to be writing mostly about music-it is basically my dream job. I'm so excited!

But-still a lot to slog through till then. Am totally screwed in one of my classes, and there's a huge project due on the 31st, which will be a struggle. So much to do for it yet.

I wish it would snow here. It's been really cold and foggy for days, like walking through water. Not as bad as in other parts of Canada so I can't really complain too much.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Love the shopping talk! (Sorry Bimm)
Hey, I like shopping for shoes as much as the next guy!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bimm View Post
Hey, I like shopping for shoes as much as the next guy!
Which is . . . not at all?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congrats, IP!!!! I started out as a journalism major waaaay back. Got derailed along the way and ended up a business major. But my one true passion has always been journalism. I am happy for you, sounds so exciting! Best of luck!!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thanks Marine! I'll keep you guys updated. (Pun intended). :rotfxko
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey IP, and congrats on the cool internship. I used to do the ads for my high school paper. That was way before computers. I enjoyed it.

Maybe you can write about the church choir I just joined. Haha.

Bimm, I am sure you have some boots???

Marine, it's gorgeous here, come home!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats IP

D
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Just tried to catch up a bit on how everyone is doing via some earlier posts…time flies.

InPartic, congratulations on your internship. How cool and interesting to be writing about music. Best of luck!

Marine, glad you are settling in in your new place. Sorry to hear about the lock mishaps, but look at you….you got through it all. Good for you. You are stronger and more resilient than you give yourself credit for, no doubt.

Tres, sounds like things are going well for you. Seems like your hubby is making an honest effort. Glad things are going well.

Dee, your comment about your wife made me chuckle. You are clearly a smart man!

Hi Bimm & Darren! Glad to see you both!

Even though I haven't posted in a while I've kept all of you in my thoughts. Work has just been really busy and I've been keeping longer hours than usual. Still as sober as ever and really ok. Hosted three dinner parties recently , and only offered wine at one of them. Honestly, I just didn't feel like having to deal with the liquor store. Nobody seemed to care. The last party (for a small group) everyone actually seemed relieved that I was offering Pelligrino and pomegranate soda on a Sunday night.

We also had internet problems for a week. That was not a good thing. lol

Anyway, glad to be back and happy to hear you are all doing well.

Ninjas rock. Have a good & sober night everyone.
<---- Me, eating popcorn tonight!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

The family and I are having fun in Miami! Saturday is our last full day. Been fun but caught myself feeling sorry because I could not drink!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

SO glad to hear from you Van! I missed you! Glad you are doing well, and yeah it is still surprising to me every time I realize how little the "rest of the world" cares about alcohol.

Darren the important thing is you didn't!

Thanks Tres! When the instructors tell us about all the work they had to do before computers, I just can't believe it. How did they do it all? Crazy.....

I am beginning to learn (sadly) that there are a lot of people out there who really hate journalists. Have heard some really mean things lately. Trying to not let it get to me. They are idiots.

Hi Dee! Glad to see you're back, hope you had a good rest.