Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 7

Old 02-24-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Ha! Bimm, making me chuckle as usual!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Bimm, that sounds great! You might want to put some ice on that knee after your hike. Ice works great! I iced mine yesterday after my run and it worked wonders.

My saturday night was pretty boring too. I think our whole family was in bed by 9:30.. And today I took two naps!! I was so lazy today....

I didnt hear anything regarding the job on friday..I am sure this week the news will be out about me applying. I am curious to see what they will have to say...my coworkers, I mean...you know how women are...
Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Anyone watching the Oscars? Boring........
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,

Watched the first hour of the Oscars (thought it was boring also, Marine) and then caught up on who won what first thing this a.m. via internet clips. Just saw Argo the other night & really enjoyed it. Realized that I just love John Goodman and Alan Arkin. Need to see Lincoln & the others.

Bimm, how is that knee? (I'm a big fan of ibuprofen myself and a soak in the hot tub or bath to ease all aches & pains.)

Tres, hope the job comes through.

Fun to see our weekend bbq, made me laugh out loud. Good times.

Does anyone know who to contact if you need to order up a few additional hours to your day? 24 hours just don't seem to be cutting it for me these past few days; thinking I need to put in an order for at least a 27 or 28 hour day. Should be able to do everything I want to do within that time frame, ya know?

Have a good and sober night everyone. I swear I am so grateful for sobriety. Life is busy, hectic, good, frustrating, silly….and so much better sober. Sometimes I just shake my head…it is all good.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't like the Oscars. The first bit really turned me off.

I like Family Guy but that kind of humor does not translate well to the Acadamy Awards IMO.

It was all a little needlessly snide and nasty for my liking.

D
Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

That's why I don't watch the Oscars anymore. They seem to get further and further off base every year.

Vantrina, I hear you on there not being enough hours in the day! I try to get to bed early every night, as being tired really messes with me, and there is always stuff I could keep working on.

But you're right, it would be a lot harder if I was drinking.

Tres, lazy, ha! You might want to mention that it was because you ran two races the day before! No big deal.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Just discovered the "new" Dallas tv show on demand TV. Can not get Season 1, only Season 2 but I am hooked! Been watching it for the past several hours. That JR is still the same devious character. I love it! Can't wait to catch up and see how they incorporate Larry Hagmans death into it. Wish I had found this over the weekend.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

I never watch the oscars. Something about a bunch of self-absorbed people runni9ng around congratulating themselves just fails my "sincerity test". YMMV.

Knee seems a bit better the past few days. That said, it is most likely a chronic condition (hey, I'm old and old people get chronic...or is that cranky?) that I'll have to live with during occasional flare ups. Betcha didn't know I was a a physician.

Van is right. Life is good.

Carry on.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hey Bimm, maybe you could try glucosamine? Didn't you know, I'm a doctor too!

You said it about the Oscars. Bleh.

So are you settling in Marine? Sorry, I forgot, are you there permanently now?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

A fun moment tonight, as I realized how my occasional evening cup of hot tea really truly "takes the edge off" for me, in much the same way wine once did.

A good cup of hot tea…it so relaxes me. Works like a charm. I once thought only wine or an alcoholic beverage would ever do that for me. I'm kind of fascinated by this. The power of changing habits, I guess.

Just wanted to share that with all of you.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Van-

I've been drinking tea as well every afternoon since I stopped drinking. Hadn't touched the stuff for years and years before then. As you mention, it is very relaxing and I enjoy trying the different varieties of tea, although I've yet to acquire a palate for herbal and the green teas.

It is very important to drink tea with a raised pinky, otherwise the stuff just doesn't taste right.

Bimm
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Ha ha! Too funny on the raised pinky. I got into the decaf coffee habit after dinner, but that started keeping me up at night, so I am back to the decaf tea, which doesn't have as much caffeine. I can't get into to the green tea either, but the flavored herbal teas are pretty good.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

I did not watch the oscars...i dont go to movies and hardly watch tv. I used to love the old dallas tho.

I have never been into the whole Hollywood scene.

My coworkers know that I have applied for the job and have been VERY supportive. There are at least three applicants and it will take 4-6 weeks to figure it out. I am not stressing out over it. I will drink some hot tea. I lived off of that in early sobriety...i have slacked off a bit.

Hubby is doing better with his drinking. I dont want to get my hopes to high...
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Tres, for a dissertation on the difference between hopes and expectations, come on over to the year and over thread! The verdict is: nothing wrong with high hopes. It's expectations that can trip you up.

As much as I occasionally have all best intentions to start drinking tea, I just never can get into it. I have many boxes of tea with one or two bags out of them.

Black tea is good though, definitely with milk and sugar, mmmm. But I like coffee so that's what I have when I want caffeine.

Any-hoo.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Another Friday rolls around. The days go by so fast for me anymore. I have to wonder if it has to do with not drinking??? Not spending days feeling like crap because of a hangover. Not spending days in bed...I remember one hangover that lasted a full 24 hours. I drank wine AND vodka. Ugh!
Got a voice mail from my attorney that my hearing for my drivers license suspension has been continued because he can't make the date that it was scheduled. This is still not even close to being over and it's been 4 months. The slow judicial process. He estimates it will be close to a year after the event by the time my trial rolls around. What happened to the term "right to a speedy trial?" It will be a long time trying to finally put it behind me. Oh well.
Hope everyone has a good weekend. Cold front here in Florida!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Sorry about that Marine. I guess it's just a lesson learned. The good thing is that it has given you the reason to turn your life around.
I remember the bad hangovers. I got such bad ones. Horrible, wanting to die. And I can clearly remember hangovers lasting well until I went to bed again and woke up the second day. Many times. And I thought that was normal. Don't miss that feeling at all.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hi all, I drank wine and vodka too! Plenty of times...wow the hangovers were so horrible and the remorse I felt. So glad thats over!

Went to a bbq tonight..it was freezing. Stayed inside with my water. Delicious burgers with havarti dill cheese. Yum. Too many brownies..oh well. My sweet tooth is really bad..

Hubby is off at another party on the lake. An 80s party. I am in my bed snuggling with my dogs...its the best place to be.

Yes,Marine stay warm! This is too cold for florida!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by Tres View Post
Hubby is off at another party on the lake. An 80s party.
A 80s party. Isn't hubby a bit young for that crowd?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,

Marine, I definitely can relate to what you shared about having this new sense of time. I seem to have more time available in life now that I am sober.

I can remember mornings after I drank a bottle or two of wine, trying to act is if I was fine despite feeling like crap. Feeling shaky, disconnected, and regretful; ugh, so glad that is behind me. One day at a time, no doubt is what brought me to where I am today.

Tres….burgers w/ havarti and brownies, several brownies. Sounds absolutely delightful to me. Could so go for that combo right now…lol.

Trying to fight off the urged to take a quick nap and go to the gym instead. Oh heck, it is my day off...I am going to take a quick snooze anyway and get to the gym as well.

Enjoy a sober day and night everyone.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

good one Bimm