Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 8

Old 11-16-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Smile

Friday 8:45 a.m.

Welcome to all the new Undies, hang out here for a lot of support!

Sleep is so important, I have relapsed in the past due to lack of good sleep. This time I am determined not to be derailed by this...off to do some work.

To each of you,
((hugs))

Bloss
Old 11-16-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Hey everyone. Just got back from the gym. I'm really proud of myself right now. I was at the gym and had only been there about 10 minutes when I got some really upsetting news. There was nothing I could do about this news but my first instinct was to run outta the gym and get to a liquor store ASAP. I didn't. I stayed and did my workout so I guess that's a little progress.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Friday 9pm

JJ Not little progress, that's huge progress. Keep up the positive attitude and hope the pain from your upsetting news passes, whatever it may be.

Have a fabby weekend Undies.
((hugs)) Thanks bloss for the hugs idea as my groupcuddle smiley has disappeared...lol
Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hi my little Undies

I hope you've all had a good day. What are you all up to at week end, has anyone got any plans? I haven't got anything different than the usual stuff planned, but that's fine. Nipping into town in the morning for a few bit and bobs. I need to get a Christmas list written out this week end and get my backside in gear.

Hi Nicky, tired, I can relate to that, I'm always bloomin' tired, think it's a way of life now. Hope you get a restful sleep anyway and I look forward to seeing you back again tomorrow. Oh and I was looking for that group hug thingy earlier too!

Bloss, I like your attitude, don't let anything derail you, you've come so far!

JJay, you did really well today, I'm sorry you had some upsetting news but you stayed stong (( )). More power to you. I love your poem by the way.

With that, I'm going to bed in a minute so see you all tomorrow, same place!

Night night, sleep well.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Oh I nearly forgot, I borrowed this story off our E.Q and thought it would be good to share here! You may have heard it, I know you have Dee, several times today, lol, but I think it rings true for addiction and recovery.

Two Wolves

"One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, The battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment Inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
Old 11-16-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hey Midnight, I didn't mean to miss you out earlier, don't know how I managed to miss your post. It's lovely to see you here. Welcome You'll get lots of support here from some really understanding people. xx
Old 11-16-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hi LSC1
Welcome to the *Undies* as we call it here. Would love to have you join in, great bunch here.

Grace Loved the wolf story, how apt. x
Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hi LSC1, didn't realise you'd joined us here, I'm glad you have, it's a great group of people. xxx
Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Grace, I can't believe you're preparing for Christmas already! You're so organised! Will you do a list for me too?!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

12.30 Sat, raining!

Good afternoon all my Undies

It's quiet here at the moment, so I'll make it quick and post again later. I'm going to take all 3 g.children to a soft play area, tire them out for tonight. My daughter and her partner are having a rare afternoon together, so I'm having the 2 oldest just for a a couple of hours. It's good because it's indoors, it's all enclosed and I take a book and have a read and a coffee while they play.

Eli, I am totally unorganised where Christmas is concerned, totally!! I have so little time and I don't know what to get anyone, plus this year I will have a 3 year old with me constantly, actually thinking about it I could write my list this afternoon when I'm having my coffee and I may do some Online shopping this evening! Now that's a good idea!
I hope you're having a good day Eli. xx

I'll be back later when I hope to see a few more posts,

Stay safe and sober Undies
JUST FOR TODAY, I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Woo, hoo! OneLessLonely has 180 sober days today! Half a year! I posted a special elephant for you in our May 2012 thread. Congratulations, good buddy!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Sat 3.30pm Rain also Grace

Congratulations Onelesslonely! Fabby achievment, hope you give yourself a huge pat on the back, well done!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hey, everyone.

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I am enjoying my Evening 34. I had some health concerns that have been worrying me during this week, but it turned out that it isn't that bad as I expected. Overall, I am ok. Such a relief)

Life is much better when I am not hiding behind a bottle of wine.

Hope, everyone is doing fine and having great sober weekend.

See you soon)

My best wishes to all.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Thanks Grace, hope you're having a good day too! Every year I say I'll be organised about Christmas but always find myself frantically last minute shopping on Christmas Eve! I don't know how you do it with a 3 year old!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Just got back from a great workout at the gym. Feeling a bit tired and not quite sure how to spend the rest of my afternoon and evening.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations OLL

D
Old 11-17-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Sat 10pm

Hi Undies

Midnight glad you''re feeling better regards your health concern and totally agree, life is better without booze. Wine was my demon also. Can't even stand the smell of it now and that's saying something. Enjoy the rest of evening 34...........brill!

JJ Admire all you fitness folk, I really need to get a grip with the excerise front as everyone says it helps in our recovery.(mood wise) So what did you decide to do with the rest of your evening. I'm currently doing a little online shopping for Christmas. Oooooo getting carried away with all the kiddies stuff. My girls are going to end up with things their *MUM* wants not them.

eli I'm usually like you, last minute shopper but decided to try and be more organised this year, seen as I'm sober and to be honest it's so much more fun.

Grace and bloss Ladies you are very quiet today, something nice on the go for you guys.x

To all the special Undies here, have a happy, healthy evening.

Catch you all later
Nickyx
Old 11-17-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by Caledonia1 View Post

JJ Admire all you fitness folk, I really need to get a grip with the excerise front as everyone says it helps in our recovery.(mood wise) So what did you decide to do with the rest of your evening. I'm currently doing a little online shopping for Christmas. Oooooo getting carried away with all the kiddies stuff. My girls are going to end up with things their *MUM* wants not them.
I just woke up from an impromptu nap, LOL. So that killed a couple of hours. Now I'm about to make some chicken for dinner. I might try to find a movie to watch.

Working out is my biggest weapon in sobriety. It makes me feel so much better about myself. It gets my endorphins going. It also makes drinking a dumb idea 'cause that workout would have been all for nothing.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

22.15 Sat. Still raining!

Hi all you Undies

I'm back, had quite a good day with the children, wore them out as planned, wrote my Christmas list so that's a start! Well I was chilling out tonight until I look up at the t.v and saw what was on!! Urghhh ' Embarrassing Bodies' yuck, there are some things you really don't need to see when you've just eaten!!
Speaking of t.v, which I don't watch a lot of to be honest, but I have noticed that because Christmas is approaching nearly every add has someone holding a glass of wine or similar! P's me off!

Right that's the moan over.

Oll big well done on 180 days, that is just brilliant, I can't wait until I get that far!

F.P you know I'll have to go and hunt for that elephant now.

Hi Midnight, I'm really glad things weren't as bad as you were thinking, I bet that's a relief. I was thinking about you today. Wine is evil, that was my poison too!

Hi Eli, I wrote my list anyway!!! I'm getting used to doing everything with a three year old, it just takes me twice as long. I've had him since February, bless him. Think I'll be doing quite a bit of my Christmas shopping online this year, it'll be easier.

Hi again Jjay, glad you enjoyed your work out, are you full of aches and pains now? Are you going every day? You're right exercise does have the feel good factor so you keep it up, you can do it!

Nicky, funny what you said about the smell of wine, I'm the same, it knocks me sick, it's like I've developed a really heightened sense of smell where alcohol is concerned, I can smell it on someone at 50 paces! Did I really smell like that? Not really been quiet, just busy!

Anyway, I'll love you and leave you.

Night night,sleep well, see you tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
22.15 Sat. Still raining!

I can smell it on someone at 50 paces! Did I really smell like that? Not really been quiet, just busy!

Gawd Grace that never even occured to me but now you mention it..........lol I must've smelt awful between that and the hundred's of ciggies I smoked......yuck!

Had what I would call another *readjusting day* if it is a word. Well mum and I had a bit of a bust up. I just could not see where it came from at all.
Mum and I are fine now, as we always are but I've just realised that this *new me* can be quite difficult for my mum too. Everything changes and as usual being the recovering alcoholic that I am, expect everyone to run at the same pace as me and my poor mum was feeling at bit exhausted with it all.

Thankfully all is well that ends well.

Phew ........thanks for listening Undies. Might have sounded like a babble to you guys but honest it all made sense in my tiny mind.....lol

Night night
Nick