continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-12-a-20.html

D
Old 10-22-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shot. Gun.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As I am at the beach right now, and I got shot gun, were taking this boat on the open seas!
Dee have a good nights sleep!
Emily, I am happy you are feeling better. I meant to quote you yesterday that it would soon be today and yesterday's issues would be in the past. I've been on my phone so have trouble remembering to respond to everyone. But I am glad you are feeling better. I think you should definitely pick up your chip at AA for 90 days. You've gone 90 days without alcohol and that should not be overlooked by the codeine, especially where you are actively working on the codeine. At NA you're on the codeine number of days schedule, you know?
Jeni, and lilac, I got a taste of your insomnia last night. I was nervous about turning my house over to strangers today, uncomfortable because we slept in a different room, worried is oversleep because we still had last minute stuff to do. I just kept shooting up and looking out the window and staring into blackness. I was so tired I was nauseous when I got out of bed.
Jeni, I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts to you at work that you accept you can only do what you can do. And if others have not been fired for doing less then you shouldn't be either. It's time for you to live a normal life. Hugs.
Lilac I'm glad you were able to try a different approach to your frustrating situation. It definitely feels foreign, but non drinking solutions always yield a better outcome. It's all part of growing and maintaining sobriety.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by OneLessLonely View Post
As I am at the beach right now, and I got shot gun, were taking this boat on the open seas!
Shotgun?? SHOTGUN??!! Dang it all, OneLess!! No, no, no! Mammoth is taking over this boat of boaters right now. We're going where I want to go. So there.

elephant-carries-boat.jpg
Old 10-22-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FrenchPink View Post
Shotgun?? SHOTGUN??!! Dang it all, OneLess!! No, no, no! Mammoth is taking over this boat of boaters right now. We're going where I want to go. So there.

Attachment 17462
Dang it, FP, that looks like it will be an awfully rocky ride! We might all get seasick :-(
Old 10-22-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Seriously FP?! How do you find these elephant pics to fit every situation?! Hahahah. I needed that smile. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am such an idiot. My car won't start because I've been sitting here with the music on for two hours. Never even thought of this happening. What an idiot.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Saved by a good samaratin. Sorry for the play by play. Hahah. Maybe I should relinquish shot gun this thread.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

FP: LOVE the elephant pics. OLL: Now you have an awesome story to tell. Don't beat yourself up (I really believe in positive thinking especially about oneself...not that I'm personally able to live that, but I sure hate to see other people be mean to themselves)

I was soooo reluctant to come to work today. I missed the last 3 days of last week. It hasn't been too bad. No other lawyers or judge yelling at me. I am detoxing, though...this time it's manifesting in zits. And i'm a girl with very clear skin. But, I've been drinking this herbal detox tea so that might have something to do with it.

Gonna hit the gym late this afternoon/early evening. Maybe get to a meeting. And I plan on getting a really good night's sleep, since last night didn't go that way.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today was a rough Monday but that is why I guess they call them Mondays. They should be Notfundays. =)

Feeling really strong. I swear I am either totally drinking or totally not, there is no in-between for me. I am finally getting this.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Good Monday evening, my wonderful boaters! Can you all believe that we’re on thread part 13, already?? Love that we’re such a tight group. And by the way, those crazy elephant pics? Mostly, it's just luck via Google search, but a couple of weeks ago I found the mother lode of all pach pic sites. Thinking we're pretty well stocked for most of what happens in our thread. Oh, yes, I can just hear the huge collective sighs of relief.

Wow, am I tired today. Feeling much better and less pain, but this intestinal infection is beating the stuffing out of me. Had planned to go back to work later this week, but I’m still not sure if I’m ready stamina-wise, yet. Progress on this front is slooooooooooooow.

OneLess: Once you call shotgun, girlfriend, you own it. So glad your car issues worked out okay. But I just gotta ask…. if you’re spending a beautiful day at the beach, how come you were sitting in the car for two hours?

Lilac: Hope you get a good sleep tonight. Pamper yourself while you’re detoxing and drink plenty of water. Going through P.A.W.S. can be pretty rough. Hugs to you.

Bionic Lee: Thanks for the check-ins today, sober mate. Congrats on Day 13! Hope your Tuesday is a winner. Awesome job on the sober strength.

Emily: Hugs to you on picking up your 3 months chip! Glad to hear that your day is going well and that you’re feeling better.

Saskia: Day 16!!! That is wonderful news! Terrific to hear that you’re doing so well in sobriety. How did your fitness appointment go?

You-Rock: I am digging your “Internet high-five” picture, good buddy! Big hugs to you.

Uninvited? 2Mags? Soleil? (Thanks for your PM!) KittyCat? Pink in a poke buddy? SoberJane? Where did you go, classmates? Please throw us a post when you can. We miss you!

I’ll be up watching the final Presidential debate tonight. Not expecting miracles, but maybe some entertainment at least. Hang tough in your sober quest, May mates. We’re all in this together. Love and hugs to all.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's past midnight here, and another sleepless night. When will this insomnia end......?!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mine always ends about 4am lol - I hope you're luckier than me Jeni

D
Old 10-22-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well I have to get up at 5 so that's no good to me! I've got such a busy day tomorrow, parents meetings, staff and a new child visiting from another school, time out to visit another school myself... I swear this night time thing is getting worse. Doc won't prescribe anything.
Having more crazy thoughts about self medicating with painkillers I've got in the cupboard.
Needed to come here to see sense.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

there are some tips here
10 tips to beat insomnia - Live Well - NHS Choices

I think the real solution tho is to do something about the things that are keeping you awake...

I know that's not easy, but I agree it's better than doping yourself - that's just opening another box of worms, IMO
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey, FP: I know the song to go with the pics. "Southbound Pachyderm," by Primus.

Trying to be nice to myself, though i'm feeling a wee bit cranky. Jeni I totally relate to insomnia. I get everything ready for the next day (including coffee set to autobrew) before bed. I take melatonin, valerian (a relaxing herb) and sometimes GABA (and amino acid that our bodies produce to help us relax, but many of us with addictions are low on some essential amino acids). Check out the book "Seven Weeks to Sobriety" by Joan Matthews Larson for ways to use vitamins and supplements to ease alcohol/drug dependence.

I'm sleepy. No meeting tonight. My workout was mediocre, but it was a workout which will get me back on track to getting good sleep. On my 100th ounce of water for the day (not including all the herbal teas I drank). Have a good night, boaters!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi boaters,

It has been a wacky, busy day and I just now finally had a chance to get back here! I had a good fitness eval. Some better than I thought (cardiovascular) and some worse (strength). So I will Be working to improve strength and maintain cardio.

I'd love to send individual messages to all of you but it's just not possible tonight. So (((hugs))) to all and a happy sober day tomorrow. For those with insomnia, hang in there. It can get better!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm here, still sober, day 11 coming to a close. I am going to keep this short bc I am dog tired. Gnight may peeps, be back soon. Xo
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

OMG, the freakin insomnia is KILLING me! I had it bad last night, and was totally exhausted today. I keep reading, falling asleep while reading, then waking right up after turning the light out. WTF????!!!!!!!! I've taken about 12 mg of melatonin, valerian, a glass of milk. Can't get comfortable.

I swear it's bc I went to the stupid 8pm meeting on Saturday. I know it sounds stupid, but if I don't have some serious quiet, no-interaction time between 7-9pm, I miss that very narrow window where I can fall asleep which occurs for me between 830-915. I am a wreck if I don't get 7-8 hours of sleep. And I need to get up around 6am. And I am just so darn maaaad! And so tired. I hate this. This kind of insomnia has in fact made me drink just in order to get a couple of hours of sleep.

And I keep thinking that tomorrow night at 730 I will be expected to be arriving shortly for an 8pm meeting and will once again sacrifice that narrow window of opportunity to grasp the precious sleep just so I can "get the program." Bc you know you will drink if you don't go to meetings, right? Stupid fear-based "recovery." It's almost midnight here. I can't stay awake while reading, but can't sleep once I put the book down and turn out the light. Love how the advice I gave just a few posts back is NOT working AT ALL for me.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember you're in an area where the lunch time meetings don't work for you either...but did you ever explore any other options for support Lilac - SMART, RR etc?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

If the meetings aren't working for you, then they're not - find something else.

But do make sure you're working on valid reasoning first...

It's possible for example that your insomnia is just the normal withdrawal/early recovery stuff most of us have to deal with...I never got much sleep in week on no matter what time I went to bed.

Make sure your addiction isn't screwing with you.

Many's the time I gave up things that were good for me...and later realised I did it because my addiction liked it that way.

I was a puppet.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 10-22-2012 at 11:09 PM.