Notices

Class Of November 2012

Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of November 2012

Welcome

This is the thread for everyone quitting drinking or drugs this month of November 2012

All you have to do to join is post

You'll find a lot of support here - please come and join us!

D
Old 11-01-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome all future Novembers. I am in October, but I'll be around. Good Luck!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

With a slip up yesterday, I'm starting fresh and will be a November class!
Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Luck everyone!! I will have 11 months on the 3rd! I wish everyone here the best of luck.. but, put in the work because you are so worth it!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello....Hope today finds you all well and happy.
I joined on 30/10/2012 but I would like to join the November class, if that's okay please. This is my first post....
I'm on Day 24... I detoxed on my own, cold turkey (along with cigarettes and sweets! Not sure that was wise). I hadn't planned to...hence why I didn't go to the doctor (I already see a cognitive behavioural therapist). I just had that 'lightbulb' moment 3wks ago....haven't touched a drop since. I didn't realise to detox so drastically was so dangerous. I shouldn't have read so much as it threw me into panic and my head was a mess for a week. I didn't sleep.
First few days were hard going. I was most worried about having a seizure as I've had a few in the past when I've partied for days without sleeping or food. Plenty of vodka and cocaine though. My poison over the last few years has been wine (I convinced myself I didn't have such a problem as I no longer pickled myself with vodka). Soooo, 3 bottles of wine a night.
Over the last few months I've woken up with the dread in my heart and tummy. Knowing I'm killing myself. My skin's itched, my eyes red, puffy grey face. Miserable. And a pathetic excuse for a mum to my 7yr old daughter. Due to circumstances I live with my parents....which allowed me to drink more as I knew they would take care of my daughter, she was never in danger.
Only today do I feel peaceful, which is strange and new feeling to me.....am feeling weirdly ok in my own company (I usually hate it....will drink to avoid it). I feel I can leave the house and talk to people. I even slept last night!! I even ate a meal at a sensible time (I would usually eat past midnight, if at all....it takes up valuable room better used for alcohol. And I didn't want to sober up)
Anyway, pleased to meet you all. I hope I can be as much use to you as I'm sure you'll be able to help me.
I want this more than anything!!
Thank you for listening/reading my waffle.
Take care & I hope the sun is shining wherever you are x
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can I just clarify.....it is normal for me to be so tired?? And anxious?? I'm taking B vitamins etc. I want to exercise or even just go for a long walk but I'm exhausted.
Also, it would've been nice to lose a few pounds in weight.....not one single pound!!!!!! Nevermind, that is secondary to not drinking. Just would've been a bonus x
Old 11-01-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

After a relapse last week. I'll take on November as a great start date. Though I really started the end of October.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kitkat, best of luck! I hope you find relief from some of the negative symptoms soon, it can be a tough journey but I'm sure you'll feel better sooner than you think!

On Day 9! Definitely committed to total sobriety for all of November. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Back, again

Hi everyone. Well I've been MIA here for a while, and drinking, but all I can do is come back and keep trying. I started in October and then lost track. And every time I try to quit and then go back to drinking, I drink even more than I did before. I know that I have to stop, and am going to redouble my efforts this month.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi, after messing up yet again I'd like to join you all for November.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

November what a beautiful month... Gratitude Month

I am just stopping by to say hi and welcome all that are just starting their journey in sobriety or coming back after relapse..

I am living proof that if you keep coming back it can happen.. I use AA but there is no monopoly on sobriety..

Keep reading and posting.. And never give up..

And smile cause sobriety looks good on you..
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm on day 6 but would also like to join the November Club. I'm over the day 3 hump and also off to my 1st AA class in 4 hours. I'm bricking it, but my friend is taking me!

Good luck to everyone

S x
Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
062412forever

I am all in starting today. Will use AA too. Good Luck everyone.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Welcome to everyone in the new class. I'm three months plus sober and it's all due to SR so please visit often and get the help and support to start your journey
Old 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This is the first day of the rest of my life!!!! I really feel it. See my thread about a low moment, and you'll see why. I never want to be that stupid again. September 7th is the day I knew I needed to change, and started working towards it. But today is the day I know I can do it. I had a WONDERFUL sober day out playing with my son.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have terribly anxiety. I tend to latch onto one irrational fear, ie something that COULD happen but pretty much never would in a thousand years (like the cops coming to my house randomly and telling my husband about yesterday in the park. My current obsessive OCD worry. They didn't even ID me, so someone would have had to give them my license plate... insane I am). I drank largely to help with these fears. I have others that pop up, some repeatedly, some new and fleeting. I think I will have to face them in their raw misery for a while and learn other ways to cope. And I know it's not going to be easy. I have to just think- That will never happen, and talk it out to myself, and rationalize what I'd do if it DID happen, and then just pray, stay busy, and get through one minute, hour, day at a time. Facing emotions is scary and hard, but we can do it, most people do...
Old 11-01-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Almost through the day. Hub home soon and we cook out- yay! And then I go to work for about an hour- always a good distraction. Then home, then bed... yes I go to bed really early! And wake up early too. Can't wait to snuggle with my sweet son (we co sleep) and my puppies tonight, and relish having had a great sober day, even if I've had some unjustifiable anxiety today, it's over all been a great day. last night was a great sober Halloween night too. We had so much fun.

Keep up the good work everyone, and welcome to all newcomers. We can do this.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem to all you newcomers and those returning

KitKat I think it's very normal for people to feel tired for a week or two - it's like we were running a marathon all those years we drank and abused our bodies and minds and now it's over...

SFMS - there's no reason for anyone to take your details but even if they did the police did not lay charges or take your name anyway...I wouldn't waste any more time worrying about it

D
Old 11-01-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

welcome to the new November folks.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

November is a great month!