Notices

Class of May 2012 part 13

Old 10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great success! You will share when ready, Jeni. It's on your terms now!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Good Saturday evening, May mates! I everyone is doing well in sobriety. Day 168 for me. Got so much accomplished and felt stronger early yesterday. Had a check-up visit with the doctor and all is progressing. He said I was cleared to get my flu shot, too. So, I did. And holy moley, what a horrible reaction I had to the vaccine late yesterday evening! Chills, fever, nausea, headache, aching skin… likely because I’m still fighting that intestinal infection and have a weakened immune system in some respects. Good lawd, I can’t catch a break on feeling better for long. Still not 100 percent this evening, sheesh.

For any of you East coasters out there, looks like we’re in for quite a big hurricane. Newscasters have nicknamed it "Frankenstorm" in part, since there may be wind, rain, and snow. It should hit my area by tomorrow eve, setting off flooding and power outages. So many people here are worried about trees toppling. On the plus side, looks like my workplace may be closed on Monday and Tuesday due to the storm. I can surely use the extra recovery time after that ill-timed flu vaccination. Stay safe these next few days, my East coast mates.

Teacher Jeni: “This is my new life. And I like it very much.” Big congratulatory hugs to you for being so strong at your friends’ party. Handing you a glass of wine and you turned it down without another thought… awesome! Congrats again on your well-deserved 5 months.

Dee: Thank you for the terrific Thanksgiving link. I like this line especially, “Having one is harder than having none, because once alcohol is in your system the obsession comes alive.” That is for sure. I’ve proven that over and over to myself in times past. I also liked this line, “Getting sober and staying sober takes serious guts…” Yup. And we’re doing it.

Bionic Lee: Yay, day 18 for you! I am so encouraged to see your posts on a regular basis. Wonderful to see you counting up the solid string of sober days again. Congrats on all of your vice quits. Even food tastes better when we’re not drowning ourselves with booze. Keep at it, good buddy. You’re doing great!

You-Rock: “I think it's awesome that we are now working on our lives rather than cleaning up the daily messes our drinking created.” Love this! How wonderful to wake up clear-headed each day instead of regretting those drinks from the night before. Go easy at work, sobermate. At least it’s only two shifts instead of your usual three. Thanks for the beautiful beach pic, too!

Tanja: Woo, hoo on your 3 months, girlfriend! One quarter of a year spent in sobriety. You made it through successfully despite your past physical pain and insomnia, and you are one tough classmate. Thanks for your updates on Peyton training. I wish you well on that front, for sure. It will probably take him quite a bit of time to unlearn some old habits.

Lilac: How are you today? Celebrating a day 8? Hope you had a nice time snuggling with your hubby and got a good night’s rest. I think staying less stressed and remaining sober depends in large part on getting enough sleep each night. Hang in there with us, sober mate.

KittyCat: Always wonderful to see your posts. Congrats on Day 15! You passed the two whole weeks mark, yay! Terrific idea in celebrating your friend’s one year of sobriety. I think we do best in good, like-minded company when it comes to not drinking. It’s so much easier to abstain when booze is not physically available to us. Big hugs to you, girlfriend!

OneLess: Thank you for your return PM, classmate. “I am trying to be grateful for what I do have though. Sobriety, health, husband, income, roof, coffee.” Yes. And coffee is worth its weight in liquid gold, I tell ya. Especially on these early, dark, chilly mornings. Go easy on all of your house projects and make sure to carve out some relaxing “you” time. You’re in my thoughts.

Saskia: Enjoy your trip to the ocean. To me, it’s the only place I truly want to be. Hang in there on the sober front, iPad G-ma. I’m still saving up an elephant for you!

WeHav: Great to hear from you, sober mate! I know what you mean about wanting to pick up another vice when quitting drinking. That’s how I got back to smoking after not doing so for 15ish years. So odd. Glad I finally quit that too…. kicking and screaming, plenty of false starts, but I did it. How are you doing in your sobriety?

Pink in a poke buddy: Yay, you’re back! I was missing you! Glad to hear that you’re doing well in sobriety. What’s the update in Pinkland?

Dweller: Terrific that you and your wife had such a great time away together. It’s good to get out of the routine and experience new adventures. Excellent that your friend is taking an important life step in going into detox. I hope it works for him and that you enjoy your visit. How are you doing in your sobriety, poem mate?

Emily: How are you, May mate? I see you racking up those days and should be hitting your first triple digits soon! “Don't let them push too much on you, ok?” Thank you for this. If I’m lucky, I can hide in my office for the first day or two to go through 698 e-mails (last I looked) and get re-oriented into the daily work grind. Big hugs to you on your continued double quit!

Looking forward to feeling better tomorrow. Some light storm prep to do. Securing porch furniture, hiding the outdoor mats so they don’t fly away, changing out the screen doors with heavy-duty storm door inserts, etc. All morning, people have been getting their loud monster generators cranked up and ready. Other than that, my neighbors and I are crossing our fingers for the best.

Stay healthy and sober, my beloved May mates. Love and hugs to all.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:37 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

FP-sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction to your flu jab. That seems awfully unfair-you have struggled so much to get well only to be knocked back by something designed to help. Lots of love to you xx
Obviously, we Brits do not have Thanksgiving to plan sobriety around. But I'm thinking of you all. We're also getting reports on our tv news about Hurricane Sandy. It sounds and looks horrendous. I hope you are all ok and as unaffected as possible xxx
Well it's Sunday morning here. Another relaxing day planned. H isn't working so we may go out for lunch and for a walk weather permitting.
I'm chilling out now. Got a good book and am going to actually settle down and read it without that awful 'what have I got to get ready for work tomorrow' feeling. Bliss xx
Old 10-27-2012, 11:57 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Busy day, can't really post to people as i'd like because it's 3am here and i gotta go to bed. but to answer FP's question, very well! yes, bumps in my thinking and situations to navigate, but i now have 150 days. 5 months, yay!

In many ways, it's thanks to you all! Thank you, love and hugs!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Congratulations wehav!!

5 months sober is brilliant!xxx
Old 10-28-2012, 12:02 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Tanja, yes 3 months is a huge deal!

Jeni, how did i miss you i'm so sorry! happy 5 months!!!!! woohooo! way to go on hanging with your friends and not drinking. i was in a situation like that tonight, "girls night" at a friends house. the room was filled with good wine, but it didn't "call" me the way it used to, and it's nice to hang out with responsible drinkers every now and then. it reaffirms that i wasn't one that's for sure.

Good job, ladies!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:03 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations wehav2day

D
Old 10-28-2012, 12:08 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I got sober in April, but the group really isn't active. Can I be in this group? I want more sober connections on SR.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Welcome Bloss! Great to have you here xx
Lots of love and support amongst the May crowd that's for sure x
Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL you'll be as everywhere as I am soon Bloss

sounds good to me!
welcome

D
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Welcome Bloss! I'm glad you are joining us on this thread too!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi there, Bloss! Welcome to the MayBoater group. Terrific folks here!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 150 DAYS MILESTONE, WEHAV!!!

Mammoth is braving strong hurricane winds in honor of your awesome accomplishment. Way to go!

elephant-in-tree.jpg
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
I got sober in April, but the group really isn't active. Can I be in this group? I want more sober connections on SR.
Welcome to our wonderful group of May boaters, Bloss! Congrats on joining one of the best, most supportive, and loving groups on SR.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am going to read thru posts, get to know all of you good people...

Take care
Bloss
Old 10-28-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

H and I went out for lunch today. Looking at the menu, I was thinking of ordering fish until he pointed out it was cooked in white wine!
Phew! How did my heavy drinking H get to be so observant and thoughtful?
Having missed all my meetings last week due to exhaustion and work stress, I've decided to go to one every night this week. I need to get back on track.
I'm feeling so much better!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Congrats we have!!!

Day 19 here. SOOOOOOO glad I didn't even think of drinking last night for the game. Was up early, helped the wife clean the house spotless, and made the family an awesome breakfast. Life is so much better "behind the sober blue eyes".
Lee
Old 10-28-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

WeHav congratulations on 150 Days!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Congratulations Wehabv on 150 days of sobriety7:You are close to half a year sober! Very inspirational!

Welcome Bloss! So nice to have you on the May thread. These may boaters have always been here for me.

Must go out to the store today and get some food before the impending hurricance strikes. Here's hoping that it will end up not being bad at all

Hope everyone has a very pleasant day
Old 10-28-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Dee, i loved the Thanksgiving guide. My favorite...
"Believe in yourself.** Getting sober and staying sober takes serious guts - you are brave and strong and true.***If guilt, shame and remorse start talking to you, remind yourself that it's*your disease sneaking in the back door.** Let your sober voice ring loud and proud in your head."

Lee, congrats on 19 days!

FP, I hope you guys are as lucky up there as we were down here with the storm.
Also hoping you are back to 100% soon. I've got my fingers crossed for you too.

Tanja good luck weathering the storm.

Jeni have a great week off.

I work again tonight then Monday off and I'm going to early voting. Gonna be a big mess, I guess 6 hour lines due to our wonderful Florida 10 page legal sized ballot. Then I work Tues and Wed. Then finally 4 days off! I am so excited. No plans yet, but maybe kayaking of going down to key largo. So many options if the weather is nice. I love my job, but boy do I love my days off more. Why can't we all just be independently wealthy? Sheesh (stole from FP,not copywrited)