Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 4

Old 09-18-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey all - Just catching up on all your posts....hang in there! It will get better. Bernice, thank you for reposting those two inspirational posts - they were a great and helpful read - a written light at the end of a tunnel. One of the major benefits of this website is the collective wisdom of the SR community. I am absolutely sure that I would not be still sober at the close of 19 days without you all. Thank you!

Crazy busy at work and with the kids' activities. No rest for the wicked. I am hoping that the balance of sobriety will lead to other positive changes elsewhere in my life. However, I am feeling so much better physically and mentally - so for now, I will revel in that small success.

Take care - if we take this one day at time, we will get there. Panacea
Old 09-18-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me. Tomorrow will be the big test. I usually start drinking Wed evenings! Hoping for strength to fight the craving.

I have been reading thru the posts and really appreciate everyone's posts. I feel like I can relate to all of them! It helps to know others are going through the same pain, frustration and guilt that I am. Oh yea and fear....I just one this time to be the one.

Take care all
Kell
Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifewithoutbooz View Post
Morning all,

I phoned to say I was on my way home and when he didn't answer I had a flood of old feelings come back. I knew when I got home I'd find him slumped in bed, passed out with the TV on.

I was looking forward to teling him about my class but it all got washed down the drain. It took me five tries to wake him and when he was finally 'semi' coherent he had the nerve to lie to me and say he had only one glass of wine.

Normally I would have been REALLY upset but this calm came over me.
Have a wonderful sober day everyone!
Lifewithoutbooz your post hit close to home, because I was always the uncle at family reunions that passed out early on the sofa.

It just really clarified to me why I am doing this, where I was and where I want to get to.

Congratulations for focusing on yourself and staying calm. As you get stronger and better your husband just may be inspired to join you on this excellent adventure.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Just watched a movie with the wife, and going to bed sober. Yeah, day 2. Normally I would have been passed out by 9pm.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

For...

Thank you to my wonderful (SR) family.

For being there when no one else was.
For shedding light on things I couldn’t see.
For putting things into perspective that I could see.
For supporting, consoling, laughing, crying or just listening.
For giving me that nudge (or kick in the pants) when I needed it.
For just being.

To a kind, compassionate and caring bunch of people – I will always be thankful that I met you and will always consider you my friends.

Have a sober evening and an even better tomorrow!!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm done walking around thinking the world is out to get me. Being self absorbed and abusive and manipulative. I'm trying to truely give myself to god for the first time. I got down and prayed today for the first time I meant it. Not just the kind of praying where you are just hoping maybe possibly something is listening, I prayed hard and gave everything up. All I hold on to. I am defeated. I said take this please and help me because I cant. I cried. I begged. I just all around surrendered. I humbled. I'm a broken man. Then all of the sudden I had two ants crawling on me. I don't have insects in my house. I felt like it was locusts in the bible. Like I was either about to be punished or perhaps god was about to go to war with the evil inside me. I could live with either. I'm hoping I have more answers tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Left hook, sending good thoughts of support your way. Sounds like you had a powerful moment.
:
Old 09-19-2012, 12:30 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Day four, up to last night things seemed too easy but got craving for vino. Heart racing and mind all over. Up twice in the night for food any telly, but got off about 4 till 7 so not too bad in the end.

Take care all.

Cheers
Old 09-19-2012, 01:18 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 11 starting here.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:52 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Morning all, Day 18, a personal best (hooray) I feel great. :-)

Hope you're all well! I took my son out yesterday after work to a local canoeing club, it was great to spend more quality time together. He loved canoeing in the harbour. So we are going to join up and have fun. I love my new life and pray that I will never drink again.

I will catch up properly later.

Love to you all xxx
Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good Morning. I had a terrible time sleeping. Day 3 today, and I feel positive. A sober life is the way to go. I hope that you all have a Blessed day. Time to walk the dog before I head in for work.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:00 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 6!!!!

Stay strong friends. I'll be back later.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 14 for me today, currently in IOP after Detox. Some ups and downs, but those are to be expected. Just settling into the community here, I look forward to becoming active here!

Thanks for being here!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 5. Blah.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Day 5. Blah.
Feel better you are doing great.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mr Blonde
Hope your day gets better Voyager

have a good one everybody

D
Old 09-19-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

It was nice to have dinner with my wife last night, and watch a movie and remember what happened.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning sr! Day 24/37 here. Not continuous sobriety, but Focusing on the positives!!!! I am eating like I am hungover though, and I don't like it, def retaining water, and hate it! Guess that comes along with beautiful womanhood.... Lol! Going through a stressful time with my grandparents, both very sick. But I am not even considering a drink to cope! Staying positive, remaining centered and keep praying! Have a great day! Will def keep posting here!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...Another successful evening.Feeling great this morning....

WWG...Good to hear you had a godd evening. I am with you on the occassional drink thinking. At the moment focus on on day at a time, and you will get there.

Chardonnay...Sorry about your grandparents however like the positive meesage in your post.

Jim
Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone!

Been trying to catch up on all your posts, Wow!...It's so good to see everyone working so hard and hanging in there.

Today is day 18 for me and it does feel good! I'm finally starting to find the clarity in my thought processes. The fears and the anxieties have finally subsided as well.

MrBlonde-Welcome to SR and keep posting- glad you joined us!

Voyager-Hang in there, the "blahs" will soon turn into "Ah's"

Orchid-Books are a great idea! They help me, I am carrying around 7 in my tote, plus a notebook and pens to write down what I learn, What I do, how I feel, etc...
I also keep my distance for now from parties where the booze flows freely. I don't want to lose my grip on being sober...I thought the, "I'm pregnant", was a hoot! LOL

To all-Congrats! on all your accomplishments! Together we can do this!