Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 4

Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Morning all! Hope everyone has a great, sober day, and I'm sending extra good thoughts to anyone on Day 1. Day 14 for me. Two weeks.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

lifewithoutbooz

Normally I would have been REALLY upset but this calm came over me. I realized it's time for me to stop worrying about everything and everybody and start looking after myself. I have more resolve to not drink now than I ever had before. Your posts last night and this AM have helped solidify it even more too.

Love that attitude, keep it up.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

OK, finally out of bed, lol...unemployment is terrifying in the money aspect, but I will say having this time to focus on me and spend quality lounging time with my pups...it's a blessing.

So...

Mirrorman, so glad you made it through that craving. I know the exact feeling you had and I've almost had to, as I think Dee put it once, sit on my hands to not leave and hit the liquor store. But the more we fight them and succeed, the stronger we become and the easier it gets!

Sobersun: Mmmmm, thanks for the soup ;-)

Jimuk: Day 17!!! That is simply fantastic!!! I miss my chiropractor so much. I was actually trying to work some of my own knots out this morning...yeah, not really possible, LOL. I need a massage stat!

Buzz and MTN: Congrats on Day 3...that was the hardest day for me to get past. You can do it!

Eli, congrats on your huge milestone of 10 days, double-digits my friend! YAY!

Figgy: I loved your visualization of us...powerful stuff! I will have to remember that when cravings strike. Great job not going beyond that one glass!

Amazon congrats on day 10 and feeling strong. Your mom will worry, but you can show her in action that you are succeeding in your sobriety!

Forabetterlife: 3 weeks is amazing!

Iwant and WWG: sorry you guys had rough night's sleep. I'm still dealing with insomnia, but not nearly as bad as the first couple of days. I hope you rest tonight!

Sobersea: take care of you...you will be better to your employer when you're feeling better. Enjoy your day off and don't let the guilt of calling in ruin it...rest and restore.

Soberjim: Glad you're feeling good on day 2! Stay strong!

Chardonnay, Sugar, Jaz, Benice, boozefree, Dee and any others I forgot: I hope you are having a day of strength! You are all in my thoughts.

Lifewithout: I'm sorry about your husband. It's a bummer when feeling excited to share about something and it ends like that. I love your attitude though...you need to focus on you; you can't focus on others because they will only improve when they are ready. I'm dying to hear about your class! Do tell!

Lefthook: I'm worried about you...I hope to see you posting today.

As for me...it is a gorgeous day. I'm unlike most...I like overcast, breezy days sometimes...and that's what today is. I have 5, approx 5ft. windows in my living room that wrap around my couch area. I live on the second floor enveloped in tree-tops so it feels like I'm in a tree house. I LOVE THIS! So I have all the windows open and the breeze is blowing in, so refreshing, and the leaves are rustling and making a beautiful symphony for me to enjoy. I'm going to spend the day writing, reading, watching movies, cuddling with my boys (the pugs), and napping...and eating, LOL! I'm feeling great and very, very blessed.

Thank you all for being here in this community. I hope you all have a wonderful day/night and I'll check in later. Going into mid-day five and I'm feeling restored and healthy, mind and body. YAY!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

IWantFree - dont like the sound of you awake and in some discomfort last night.
I was hoping you'd check in this morning so I am relieved to hear from you .

Amazing bunch of people here - the support on this site is incredible. Nice thing is cos we are on different time zones - there is always someone to confide in. Think of me at 6pm tonight. Hope anyone with insomnia gets rest tonight.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Welcome Figgy.....Good to have you on board..

Jim
Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good (late) morning all! Busy here at work today so just a quick drive-by to say hi and wish everyone a wonderful day. Gray, rainy and windy here but I've got a smile that could light up a room. Why?

Because I'm sober

Back at y'all after work.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

IWillWin....Like the positive post...Wishing you the best for today.

Jim
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

DeepBreath - don't know how you remember all of us! Your plan for the day sounds wonderful. I love being able to get all cozy inside when the weather is a bit cold.

Great to see everyone is doing so well. Keep it up! x
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Figgy...

How are you doing? Sorry to scare you, and thanks for your thoughts this morning. I had a busy one at work.

How's the evening going for you... your itchy time's approaching... be strong - I know you can do it... if you can throw out wine you must have some strength love!!!

Thinking of you.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Kind of an overcast day here, and it is bringing down my mood. I will not stop and buy beer on the way home. This is what I keep telling myself.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me - feeling better physically and that's when things usually get less real for me and I get caught up with "life" Then in a week or two, one drink won't hurt and...you know the rest. Not this time!

Congrats to everyone doing well - Gloomy here too - looking forward to nice weather tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Fear ruining me today. Terrified to shaking. Can't think. So scared. Just want to live. Wishing the best for you all.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon View Post
Fear ruining me today. Terrified to shaking. Can't think. So scared. Just want to live. Wishing the best for you all.
I am praying for you, and everyone else. I wish it was easy, but it is not. I can only look at recovery as 1 hour at a time. I hope you feel better.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi All....heading out for the evening...Wishing everyone the best..

Just wanted to suggest the folks here read the post by Gerbosko who was 11 months yesterday.

It made me feel hopeful and positive to what we are all going through at the moment.

WWG..hang in there this evening. Enjoy time with the family and be the dad you want to be. You can do it.

See you tomorrow..

Jim
Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 11... Rare sunny day in San Francisco really helps, the fog would put me down in the dumps. I'm employed but filing a bankruptcy proceeding. Believe it or not this is helping my sobriety because a large part of the reason I was drinking so much was because I was working ALL THE TIME to pay off these debts, and drinking was the only "fun" I was having... Or rather "release". This gives me a chance to reclaim some freedom... Freedom
From alcohol and freedom from financial worries, all in one bag!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Jim- have a great evening.

Thanks for suggesting Gerbosko’s post. It was very well written.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ths-sober.html

Southerner had an inspirational post as well:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-thoughts.html
Old 09-18-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a sober, healthy day. Doing well here and just wanted to say hello. Getting together with a friend tonight so....see you on day 6!!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Gloomy, rainy day here too. I even lost power about 4 hours ago, hasn't come back yet (and my stupid battery on my laptop is almost dead, ugh!). Funny how situations arise that are always reminding me of drinking. Times like these I would love to cuddle up in a blanket, read a good book or listen to the radio, with a glass of wine in hand. I've been doing ok so far, but my rough time of day is ahead of me. Taking deep breaths!

Looking back thru posts, so many of you are doing soooo good!! Jimuk, congrats my friend, you rock...keep plugging along. Proud of you! I remember when I wasn't too far behind you...don't let what you've done slip, it's so not worth it!

soberjim, thx for the suggestion of the Gerbosko post, going there next (if my battery will hold out).

SFMS, I know you can get thru this!! Deep breaths girlfriend! Find something to keep you busy. The fear and temptations can come in waves, getting intense before crashing & losing power. Try 'urge surfing'. It's helped me from time to time. If anyone can post that link for our friend, it would be much appreciated. Have to admit I'm not sure how to do that. SFMS, pm me if you need to!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon SBTS

Some great positivity here today - congratulations to everyone celebrating a milstone

If anyone's reading and struggling, though - you belong here too

plug yourself in here - feed off the support...make today another sober one....you can do this!

Jaz...that urge surfing link is here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

SFMS...I'm sorry you're fearful...please do think about some of the suggestions that have been made.

we're all thinking of you & wishing you well...

D
Old 09-18-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Once I go to bed tonight, I'll have been 1 week sober.

I'm going to try a local AA meeting tonight. I'm not hopeful I'll feel comfortable there, but I'm going to try it.

I also realize I'm tapping the caffeinated beverages WAY too hard. *twitch*