Administrator

Class of February 2012 Part 6

continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello...
Dee, hope the results are worth the effort. P T is hard work. I hope you find relief soon!

Tonight I made peanut butter ice cream. Yum. And i watched a show on NOVA about String Theory. I remember watching that show before only I was in bed, wasted!!! I think sitting in my living room sober, I absorbed a little more and enjoyed it immensely. Even though i have no background AT ALL in Physics, I just love that stuff. It fascinates me.

Even though I was awake from 1:30 to 4:30 last night, since I didnt work today, I slept in till eleven this morning. Hopefully I will sleep tonight.

Bf, are you ok?
Old 07-19-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

EQ I glad that you got to sleep in and get rest! Yay! Did your date at Carmine's get rescheduled?
Dee- I have tried PT in the past for various things. You might also look into chiropractics. They are not just about cracking the spine. Look into Active Release Therapy or Triggerpoint.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have little choice under Medicare here Orbea - unless I want to pay, which I cant....
the physio is working, even if it hurts...

D
Old 07-19-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TG good luck with the race!

Day 5 today. Didn't sleep to good last night, hopefully I will sleep better tonight. Still have the chest pain but it kinda comes in goes. I will def see a doctor if it doesn't go away by next week. In the past detoxing I've always gotten chest pain but usually for just a few days.

EQ that's great that your not getting cravings for drinking.

Orbea hope you day ended up gettin better!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh.man,.took.melatonin.at 10:45. And I finally just turned the light back on. No.sleep. Aurggh... Im sure sleeping in.so late is not helping.

Bf glad youre ok.

Orbea, I live two hours away From.NY by train so it is not as easy as it sounds to just reschedule. Though he wants to.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry the melatonin is not working for ya EQ ...

D
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, thanks, still not working wtf??
Dont now how I will work without sleep. I think I need to have my thyroid checked or something. Or my hormones. This is making me nuts.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just texted my boss and some coworkers that I will be in late like ten or eleven. At least I can calm down now. I know tomorrow (today) is hell at work as a coworker wrote me tomite and told me that, why? that did not help.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

EQ!
It doesn't work too well for me, w/r/t to my injury that might have a lot to do
(obviously I haven't read back and haven't been here as much I NEED a phone w/internet ability b/c I tend to be gone 13 hours a day 5/6 days a week. structure does keep me sober though)

Work is stressful for me, in I am sure quite different ways but yeah. It doesn't help the sleeping I tend to get 4/5 a night but that's also due to pain (I take a muscle relaxer zanaflex at night and that usually gives me a good 3 hours interrupted then it's off/on so constant fatigue + stress at work (so out of the loop sorry!) = I feel your pain. I have huge HUGE issues w/anxiety (nooooo!) and I was taking klonopin prn but I have to go back in for that (I am really proud I didn't even slightly abuse it or ever take more and I could have gotten more, the first 2 weeks I used more but I'll live till this weekend to get in/call it it/ having immune flare-but that's not for everyone. I have panic attacks, but I'm doing better w/grounding techniques)
I'm sorry that's happening to you!

Oh yeah, I know I'm not around much (I mean to be I just get home, change, ready for work, stretch my poor self out, and really just barely have time to catch up w/my friends back home (oh facebook, so addicting. I had deactivated it for a bit) and then it's nearly midnight.
So....try to be here or at least utilize this forum more. I go to AA daily, have a sponsor and today is day 61.
(things are HARD. Working on step one and the writing which is nothing new I blog sometimes and wrote a lot for awhile (b/c you know drinking sooo helped my creative process. ok that's been a hard one to get past. not that I'm ever so creative. but yeah 2 of my ex's want to hang out, one mentioned grabbing a drink and just HAHA ((he knows very well how bad I was he might be the only one not being supportive/believing which I mean I surely don't expect him too but I had to laugh at his little lecture and then his, oh please you'll be having a glass of whiskey right alongside my beer. NOPE)) and I'm trying to deal/manage to keep myself on the right path.

Whew, long b/c it's been awhile. Must read back. Lots of love to you all!! <3
Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

EQ that's a bummer about the sleep. I get very grumpy when I'm tired. Have you tried any nighttime type of teas or like a over the counter sleeping med? Hope you get some better sleep soon!

LP it's good to hear from you! Sounds like you have a very busy schedule! Congrats on the 61 days, sounds like AA is working well for you.

Day 6 here. Woke up with no pain so far , although its only been an hour so we'll see. I have to go to my grandpas bday dinner Sunday and I'm dreading it. He is a very mean man to our entire family. Says incredibly rude things and picks everyone apart. In the past I always drank at these events. I'm still just trying to avoid it and get out of going but I might be stuck havin to go. I'll jut have to ignore him.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bf: what are the different things that.might happen if you didnt go? Went late? Left early?
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Weird dream last night. Was at a bar and saw that Miller Lite had come out with a new stout that sounded really good. This is weird on a number of levels, one being that I never even liked Miller Lite (although that never stopped me from drinking it if it was all that was available, free and/or cold). So for some reason, I had to have this beer. After I ordered it, they screwed up and gave me a regular Miller Lite, so I decided I needed to pound it quickly so I could get to the beer I really wanted. I don't recall actually pounding it, but assume I prob did since that sounds like me. I do remember though that after taking a sip of the unresistable Miller stout, I felt extremely guilty and dumped the rest out. So weird... yet prob not far off from what I would have done in that situation if I were still drinking (with the exception of dumping it out... which never would have happened).

Don't think this dream means anything at all. Just found it somewhat entertaining and thought I'd share. If nothing else, it reminded me of the disgust and disappointment I'd feel in myself if I broke my promise to myself. Especially for a Miller Lite no less!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good attitude, WC! I felt really upset for awhile after my drinking dream. And I also was devastated in the dream and so ashamed in disappointing myself and others. Sometimes I dream that I am a non drinker and that is much more cool.

This Colorado shooting is so horrifying. And these people's lives are so devastated. I think I am going to remove catwoman as my avatar.

Speaking of which, Dee,...Don Knotts is that?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bingo EQ
the expression makes me laugh

D
Old 07-20-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yeah I agree, Dee.
It is important to make yourself laugh.
I believe in creating fun wherever you go, we have to make our OWN fun, right?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sadly most people want to see me as Floyd LOL....

D
Old 07-20-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You'll always be Dee to me!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL thanks EQ

D
Old 07-21-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone! Enjoy your Saturday! (Can you tell I got some sleep? Haha).

LP: always so glad to hear from you. Glad you are keeping.busy, still with AA,.and.staying in.touch with your friends on Facebook. I like your spirit.
Trigirl: what part are you on, I wonder? So proud of you. You are not the trygirl,.you are the live the dreamgirl!
Orbea: how many wiggles today?
Boozefree: please post through the weekend. Let us know you are ok.
WC: Good dreams last night I hope.
Dee: rest, rest, rest....

Last night I dreampt that I made all these different kinds of exotic ice creams.and had them all in the freezer. Perhaps that is why I am now craving the homemade peanutbutter ice cream I made Thursday that is down in my freezer now. It.is calling my name..... : )